It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here is your war on Terrorism ! America !

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MarineSniper12Kills

Majority of people ? Fail .

December 2008 On December, 11-14, An ABC News/Washington Post Poll of 1,003 adults nationwide, found 64% felt the Iraq War was not worth fighting, with 34% saying it was worth fighting, with 2% undecided. The margin of error was 3%

December 2006 A CNN poll taken on 15–17 December 2006, found that 67% polled opposed the war in Iraq, but that only and that a majority of 54% believed in an exit over the next year.[16] An LA times poll done a few days previously had found that 65% believe Iraq has become a civil war. The same poll found that 66% believed neither side was winning and only 26% of respondents agreed America should stay "as long as it takes". Both polls found that 2/3 or more of respondents disapproved of President Bush's handling of the war.

August 2004 An August 2004 poll showed that two-thirds (67%) of the American public believe the U.S. went to war based on incorrect assumptions.[10] The morale of the US troops has been subject to variations. Important issues are the vulnerability of the Humvee vehicles, and the great number of wounded and maimed soldiers

May 2003 A Gallup poll made on behalf of CNN and the newspaper USA Today concluded that 79% of Americans thought the Iraq War was justified, with or without conclusive evidence of illegal weapons. 19% thought weapons were needed to justify the war.[9]

en.wikipedia.org...

and latest

www.gallup.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MarineSniper12Kills

I never asked if you cared. However the majority of people thanked us for being over there. I never said I didn't have blood on my hands, but going to war most people have to get them wet.

This is exactly what I was saying. Death is the nature of the beast in war whether the war is right or wrong (Which despite what other posters will tell you is not relevant to the thread) it is tragic but it happens!

Thank you for your service! Despite what the OP claims America is not solely responsible for all the deaths in the Iraq war!

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
reply to post by nenothtu

US signed UN charter in 1945
War on Iraq is ilegal because was not approved from security council .
en.wikipedia.org...

here in more details

en.wikipedia.org...

Here the president of UN confirming that war is ilegal

news.bbc.co.uk...

That was a lot of reading just to determine that there is no basis whatsoever for declaring the war to be "illegal", other than the opinion of Kofi Anan, who as I recall has had his own problems. At no point in any of that reading was an applicable law cited making the war illegal. If you can show otherwise, I'd be happy to look it over and read the citation. It wasn't to be found anywhere in any of that reading, and specifically there was nothing in it supporting your assertion that the UN Security Council has to approve of a war.

Paragraph One of the Article One was interesting, though:

To maintain international peace and security, to take effective collective measures for the prevention and removal of threats to the peace, and for the suppression of acts of aggression or other breaches of the peace, and to bring about by peaceful means, and in conformity with the principles of justice and international law, adjustment or settlement of international disputes or situations which might lead to a breach of the peace;

I'd say, all things in the modern world considered, it has proven a resounding failure in that goal, and so should be dissolved forthwith.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

Majority of people ? Fail .

You outta be ashamed for attacking a veteran just doing their job!

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

Of all the people my group asked, majority DID thank us. How can you say fail? Did you read the links you posted?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

You ought to be ashamed for not having empathy for people. And you did not address my questions.

This is a war so why did the United States use depleted uranium in Iraq? Doesn't that sort of touch your heart that many kids are born with deformities? Would you cite war is war and thank the other side if they did the same to Australia?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

Thanks, I appreciate that, and I am used to it on these forums. No biggie. In person it is a completely different reaction.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Don't you think this is the least bit hypocritical?

Not in the slightest ...... I am not losing any sleep over it!

The thread is about the map the OP posted showing deaths in Iraq & him blaming them all on the Americans! It has nothing to do with 911 or the governments decisions on how they got there or the legitimacy of the war! It's about the map & who is responsible for the deaths! stick to the topic!

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

I have made opinions apparent! Don't care! Say what you want to say you will twist my words to what you want anyway! I stated my opinion I am happy! Yes we are all right & the enemy is all wrong! It does not apply to us in reverse! Is that what you want to hear? The only people I don't have empathy for are the left wingers on ATS!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarineSniper12Kills
reply to post by Sinnthia

You failed to quote the whole post which contradicted your whole reply...re-read.

That was not failure as I had no intention of quoting your entire reply. I assume people can scroll around here if they need clarification. Can you not? I quoted all I needed to demonstrate who and what I was responding to. It makes it a lot easier than your random response.

Please get over it or make it makes sense. The USG still claims Osama is alive. What the hell is your problem with the claim that The USG still says that?

Dude, seriously. One poster said that the USG says Osama is still alive.
You spent two pages arguing with him and a further page and half now arguing with me.
The fact is, the USG says Osama is still alive.

I have no idea what you think you are on about but either prove me wrong in one post or get over it. This really seems pretty damn simple to me. The only thing I can see you accomplishing is distracting the conversation.

edit on 4-1-2011 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage
The thread is about the map the OP posted showing deaths in Iraq & him blaming them all on the Americans! It has nothing to do with 911 or the governments decisions on how they got there or the legitimacy of the war! It's about the map & who is responsible for the deaths! stick to the topic!

Tell that to the innocent people in Iraq who are being killed.

The whole reason they are dying, is because of whatever reason you choose for us going over there in the first place, although we would have never been there in the first place if not for 9/11.

It's like if the Nazis were still in France killing French civilians, you would be trying to justify that too? It doesn't matter why they're there, it's the fault of the French for trying to fight the Germans in their own country, right?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Of all the people my group asked, majority DID thank us. How can you say fail? Did you read the links you posted?

That's called courtesy. Most people are not going to condemn you to your face, but maybe more should.

I can't see any good excuse for 66,000+ civilian casualties. That's ridiculous. And I know the real numbers are higher than that.
edit on 4-1-2011 by bsbray11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
War is stupid, but surrender is even stupider, unless of course your side is dropping like flies in which case surrender is entirely called for. The Japanese surrendered, the Germans surrendered during World War II as well. Even with the most diehard dedication, if your side is being exterminated then you probably should give up, lest you end up like...well, many Native Americans tribes that were wiped out for instance. I don't condone war, but I do condone surrender whenever necessary though.
edit on 4-1-2011 by quantum_flux because:
:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
OK, if it is just war and so we must just get over innocent people who die in it, then what right do we have to be mad about 9/11? According to them, it was war. Hey, a lot of innocent Americans were killed that day but that's war, right?

Or does is the US the only body on the planet that gets to decide what is and is not war?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Most people are not going to condemn you to your face, .

Just like you if you ever met him face to face!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Did you not comprehend all of this five posts ago?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia
OK, if it is just war and so we must just get over innocent people who die in it, then what right do we have to be mad about 9/11? According to them, it was war. Hey, a lot of innocent Americans were killed that day but that's war, right?

Or does is the US the only body on the planet that gets to decide what is and is not war?

It is a war anytime gunfire is being exchanged.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

911 was terroris, which resulted to war.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Unfortunatly that is war.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

911 was terroris, which resulted to war.

So you are saying that the US is the only one who gets to decide what is war?

or are you saying you can not read and did not understand that when I point out that to the ones that attacked us, it was ALREADY WAR?

Please tell me which.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join