It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here is your war on Terrorism ! America !

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by WhizPhiz

Whizfizz, why don't you get that coalition together to invade and attack America and you lead it?

Just to get to our leaders?

I'll be the first to admit that they're some sorry SOB's, but they're OUR SOB's, and you'll have to wade through those "civilians" to get to them. And that means you'll never get even in the same neighborhood.

Our leaders need taking care of, the American people will take care of them. But you, and those of your ilk don't have the balls, don't have the means, don't have the numbers, and don't have the ruthlessness.

So you feeling froggy?

Jump.

Anytime you get ready.

Idiots who can't discern between civilians killed by other civilians of the same nation, and instead try to throw it off on the military are some dumb SOB's with an agenda.

Our main problem is in not having summary executions on the spot for un-uniformed combatants.

And THAT's where our leadership has let us down.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

UN , all the nations on Earth , or you think that US is allowed special role to invade countries

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by loveguy
Thanks for reminding me what this topic is not about.
Where were we? WMDs?
Carry-on OP.

Kinda my point. After two pages of arguing about whether or not Osama is really alive and whether or not another posted said it. I thought it would be nice to jump in and stop it so we could get back on topic. I had no idea it was going to invite a sniper to a therapy session.

I just wanted everyone to get back to explaining how declaring war makes it ok to kill people in the eyes of their morals, ethics, or laws. I am not quite convinced yet that I can break into someone's home and kill them saying it was war just cuz, well I said it was war.

Please do continue with THE TOPIC OF THE THREAD and not whether 9/11 was an inside job or anyone here sleeps with strangers to avoid feeling.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000

UN , all the nations on Earth , or you think that US is allowed special role to invade countries

How so? Where is it stated that the UN must authorize a sovereign nation before it goes to war? What sort of an idiot would give that sort of control over his own affairs to a foreign power? If that's the case, why blame the US for the Iraq war? Shouldn't that fall squarely on the shoulders of the UN, for allowing it?

When you say "all the nations on Earth", that clearly can't include the combatant nations, without creating a paradox, so are those nations on another planet or something in your world?

Edit to add: Upon further reflection, I have to ask why does war exist any more at all? If the UN was created to end wars between nations, and now it MUST authorize a war before it happens, then why is there any war at all any more? Doesn't that mean that if a war happens, the UN is a big fat failure, and ought to be disbanded?

edit on 2011/1/3 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

US signed UN charter in 1945
War on Iraq is ilegal because was not approved from security council .
en.wikipedia.org...

here in more details

en.wikipedia.org...

Here the president of UN confirming that war is ilegal

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

By your logic if an Iraqi came into your home and killed your whole family, would you cite war is war and get over it? If a nuclear holocaust was brought on American soil would you cite war is war, get over it?

I'm assuming that you are all for depleted uranium being used as a weapon against the US. Many children are born deformed in Iraq. They get cancer, kidney failure, no food, small amounts of hospitals, not enough doctors, and parents are left abandoning a child to save 2-3 more. But I totally understand that all this is justified because war is war.

You freaking Americans sicken the rest of the world. If one day it happens to you we will all be here citing war is war get over it!

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
The Secret Government of the White Right Wing of Elite Exceptionalists Extremists is, and has been in charge for quite some time. When JFK didn't go along...bang...bang they shot him down.

DOD lost 2.1 TRILLION in one year? WTC asbestos cleanup mandated ? Bdlg 7 held ALL records for Enron, Worldcom, and other more than $20$ Trillion in fraud? The MOST sturdily built and NOT hit by plane, while bldgs 3,4,5 and 6 had rubble ALL over them from 1&2..yet THEY (all 4) bases did NOT "free-fall" into their footprint?

So so so many questions ... yet ... MeanStream Media and Sheeple never ask.

Why?

Bob...

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage
reply to post by Nephi1337

It's a war! Righty or Wrongly people die, get over it! It is sad, very sad that innocents die but it is a war & by no means detracts from the overall effort in Iraq!

Yes, wars always have a collateral cost...problem is, this is an undeclared war; a war not against a nation or government, but a 'war' against a tactic...terrorism, where the enemy is not clearly defined. Are they soldiers? Are they civilians? Are they, in their minds, just fighting invaders? Sure, radical jihadists exist and there are some very savage people over there but this whole situation is seems to be creating more of an environment for insurgency and radicalized ideologies against western nations than ever before. When innocents die, families take this personal. This could go on forever. Sounds like a great excuse for increased government job security on our dime.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

You freaking Americans sicken the rest of the world.

I am not American, so anything you say is "Null & Void" lol lol Your argument has been dismissed! Don't care!

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

Thank you very much.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

You failed to quote the whole post which contradicted your whole reply...re-read.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

Fine, by your logic, again, if a nation was to invade Australia and your family is killed would you cite war is war? Would you let it go? Because it is people like you that are ruining the world. You have no empathy for other nations and you show no sympathy to the innocent people who lost their lives by being at the wrong place at the wrong time. War is war? It clearly shows you have no idea what the US has done in Iraq. Me, being from Iraq, I can clearly point out what the hell is wrong with the country now.

So you can go back to your pretty little bubble of a life.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

I did two tours in Iraq....let the flaming begin....

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

And believe me, now I understand why the people thanked us for being there.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MarineSniper12Kills

I am not flaming anyone. I am simply pointing that people have no empathy for things such as depleted uranium being used. There is evidence showing that kids being born are getting a higher rate of cancer, liver failure, kidney failure, and etc.

I don't care how many tours you did nor what you did. However I will say this if you think that the US has no blood on it's hands say it and I will gladly debate you. Otherwise congratulations on wasting your taxpayer dollars on a pointless war.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

reply to post by Nephi1337

It's a war! Righty or Wrongly people die, get over it! It is sad, very sad that innocents die but it is a war & by no means detracts from the overall effort in Iraq!

Actually it does detract from the overall effort in Iraq.

Humans should never "get over" needless death, regardless of the source.
edit on 3-1-2011 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

I never asked if you cared. However the majority of people thanked us for being over there. I never said I didn't have blood on my hands, but going to war most people have to get them wet.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MarineSniper12Kills

They thanked you to your face? Funny. So do you think people will still thank you if you walked down the street unarmed and dressed in civilian clothing? Because by your logic if a battalion were to take a walk down the street the Iraqi people would start cheering and chanting, wouldn't they? You should do that and find out what people think of you.

Give it time and once, if, the US leaves the country will head into a civil war. Do you honestly think that putting a democratic puppeteer will work? You do understand that there are 2 sides who hate each other with a burning passion right? Once the US leaves the country will descend into a civil war. Mark my words. Than you can look back and say, yup I made that happen.

EDIT:

How do you feel that your nation has used depleted uranium in Iraq? Do you think the people will thank you after their sons and daughters are born with cancer?
edit on 3-1-2011 by Equinox99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I won't argue that Saddam was a bad person and abused his own people. No argument there. But that was nothing more than an excuse to go in; not a reason. First they couldn't find any WMD's. They argue, "well, everybody thought he had them. So? What's your point? That Saddam fooled the entire world? Shame on them! Secondly, there are violations of human rights going on throughout the world at this very moment, that go unchecked. For instance, Saudi Arabia. I find it curious that Saudi Arabia goes unchecked, under the radar, year after year. Virtually every one of the supposed 19 hijackers were Saudi's, yet we never even batted an eye at Saudi Arabia. Never gave them a second look. In fact, we shuttled a bunch of Bin Laden's family out of the U.S. immediately following 9/11.

Furthermore, why is the rest of the world not crying "foul" over our occupation of Iraq and Afghanistan? Are you to tell me, with all of our military technology, we can't take control of a bunch of cave dwellers in almost 10 years of war? I don't believe it for a minute. This isn't about terrorism, it's about territorial control and military presence. It's about taking control of rogue nations with valuable natural resources. In short, these two wars are about anything but terrorism. And it's not just the U.S. to blame here. They have the support, (behind closed doors, of course) of most of the civilized world. And when I say that, I am referring to the governments, not necessarily the general population.

It's simple; our government wanted a reason to invade Afghanistan and Iraq and it had nothing to do with terrorism.

Finally, I want to make a distinction between our military and the PTB. Our military merely follow orders and they are deceived just like the rest of us. I have nothing but respect for our men and women in uniform.

Brian

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Hey man, you remember 9/11? The whole reason we went to war in the first place? About 3000 people died, we raised hell.

Now we've killed 66,000 of their civilians at least, and that's probably just the tip of the iceberg since Tommy Franks himself said they don't make it a priority to count civilian casualties there in the first place.

Don't you think this is the least bit hypocritical?

What about when the Nazis went to war, would you support that too?

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join