It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy captain produced, starred in 'raunchy' anti-gay videos

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Navy captain produced, starred in 'raunchy' anti-gay videos

www.rawstory.com

Honors was executive officer, or second-in-command, of the aircraft carrier when the videos were made. He has since been promoted to commander of the ship.

According to unnamed Naval officers who spoke with the Virginian-Pilot, the videos were a regular fixture aboard the USS Enterprise, being broadcast weekly by closed-circuit TV to its approximately 6,000 crew. Many were reportedly filmed while the Enterprise was deployed to support the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
You know, I have seen the whole debate going on over time about the "Don't ask, don't tell" policy, but this type of stuff I really don't even know what to say.

There will probably be some folks here who find this humorous, and will say "lighten up", but I am just wondering, when exorbitant amounts of tax-dollars are funding our MASSIVE military spending month after month, if we can't be doing something a little more productive than nonsense like this?

Isn't this guy, as a CAPTAIN, supposed to be setting an example for all those underneath him?

If so, that's a pretty disturbing thought that we have someone with such a juvenile mindset commandeering one of our battle ships.

And then he gets PROMOTED after the fact?

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Isnt the purpose of the navy/military to kill the enemy and defend their country of origin?Most gay men are more feminine ,Yes? Feminine traits are not leaning towards killing and violence.This captain possibly wants to keep out gay men so his crew can be more of an aggressive force.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
He's not doing anything that the celebrities and show producers in Hollywood aren't doing. They make fun of gays all the time and they're suppose to be the forefront of gay rights. In fact, Hollywood makes fun of everyone and nothings said about it.

The men and women in our military are human. Are they to protect Hollywood's right and not practice free speech themselves?

The military is composed of human beings, not robots.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

You might want to do a bit of research before making such ill-informed statements as that.

Start with the Spartans of ancient Greece, and then work forward.

A person's sexual orientation bears no relationship to his/her ability, or willingness, to stand up for, and if need be, fight Violently for, a cause.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Bhadhidar

I knew i would offend someone with that post,It's pretty hard to say anything these days in our sensitive world without rocking the boat (pun intended)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
If a person can't do their job without flaunting their sexuality and making sure people know that they are gay, perhaps the military is not a good path for that person.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

DD, when you think about it, doesn't a juvenile mindset almost seem a prerequiste for a successful military?

Seriously, no matter how sophisticated the weaponry might be, there is always inherant in the military life, the ever present possibility of injury and death.

It almost seems to require a child-like belief in the fantasy of personal invulnerability to function in such an environment.

If, at some very basic, psychological level, you cannot suspend your awarenes of the immenent danger you face, you would not be able to face that danger as an effective soldier.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
reply to post by Bhadhidar

I knew i would offend someone with that post,It's pretty hard to say anything these days in our sensitive world without rocking the boat (pun intended)

Not offended in the least.

I have no dog in this race.

But remember the motto we At ATS strive to post by:

Deny Ignorance!

As I pointed out, your statement was woefully ignorant of historical fact.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
There is a simple motive in the so-called anti-gay videos - being gay is uncool, bad and no room for support. Also, the former navy captain could have done it just to get promoted to commander which was a successful plan.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
Isnt the purpose of the navy/military to kill the enemy and defend their country of origin?Most gay men are more feminine ,Yes? Feminine traits are not leaning towards killing and violence.This captain possibly wants to keep out gay men so his crew can be more of an aggressive force.

Haha! Really? Simply because some gay men are flamboyant does not mean all are like that. If someone was gay and in the military, they are almost certainly not of that type. You should definitely examine the historical examples of homosexual men being an aggressive fighting force. The Roman Legions were quite formidable, and as we all know, they were having homosexual relations in the field, along with the Greeks before them.

I'm not offended by your statement in general, just the uninformed nature of it.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bhadhidar

DD, when you think about it, doesn't a juvenile mindset almost seem a prerequiste for a successful military?

So you have not ever served in the military?

Oh well, when enlistment drops because of the gay experiment, maybe you'll get a first-hand experience of how the military works, via The Draft (you did register, didn't you?)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I watched the video expecting an anti gay rant. Instead I heard one comment in the entire video about the gay guys not being interested in seeing the chicks in the shower scene. I honestly saw nothing to be offended it just looked to me like they were blowing off a little steam in an otherwise tense situation and honestly it seemed quite tame to me... I don't know what all the fuss is about.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by MGriff

what is uninformed about what i said?I said Most (not all) gay men display feminine traits,why else would they be attracted to other men?The reference to romans and spartans is irrelevant in todays society where it is ok to flaunt your sexuality.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Yes it was anti gay. On a scale of one to ten for anti gayness it was IMHO a 1. I am not PC but I am a liberal. This gave me a few laughs and I liked the fact that the gay alter ego got a few good shots back at the expense of the straight guy.

Production was good apart from the greyed out bits. Not bad for the Navy. The Marines would have done it better!
They always do. (LOL). I'll get it in while I can.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Situation normal.. Bollox up = Move up ..

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
This is all overblown extreme PC media hype. These vids are obvious comedy clips made for the ships moral. It's not even over the top, this is super tame compared to the Chapelle Show, and others. This attack on these corny fun vids, that may not be uptight PC, I can't imagine it come from the military. Anyone in the military or was, would know this is just fun vids for crew moral. Whoever brought these vids into the media attack, must be an anti-american, and wants to tear down the military. Find out who brought these vids to media attention, and treat that person like Julian Assange.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I'm gay, and guess what?

I laughed my ass off. No offence taken to any of it. People do stupid stuff all the time. It helps you to cope when the real SHTF.

This is normal, healthy human behaviour. I would say anyone who doesn't understand this is the real one with the problem.

I hate the nanny state and over the top political correctness. Its going to stifle the fun out of life.
Besides, the captain was hot.
or should I have kept that thought to myself.

edit on 1/3/2011 by wayno because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
If a person can't do their job without flaunting their sexuality and making sure people know that they are gay, perhaps the military is not a good path for that person.

That's it right there, isn't it? When I was in the Army in the early 70s, there were several men in our Company that seemed to be gay. No one said anything about it, and they never flaunted like some gay people do. in fact they did their jobs like the rest of us did. I agree with you, if one is inclined to be a flaming queen on all occasions, then the Military is not the place for you. Try a gay bar, instead, it will be more to your liking.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by wisdomnotemotion

There is a simple motive in the so-called anti-gay videos - being gay is uncool, bad and no room for support. Also, the former navy captain could have done it just to get promoted to commander which was a successful plan.

Actually, the xo was trying, badly, but to represent everyone on the ship. The alter ego on his left was a straight airdale, the gay guy in his right was a gay man from ships company.

The shower scenes are because the xo is the asshole on the ship... Hs job is to yell at people for showering too long etc... On of our running jokes on board ship was always "what the heck do you want us to shower together?".

Also, at the beginning of any movie that may contain offensive material, like basic instinct for example, he would say "you will see offensive material on this video, so if you are offended, don't watch"... Warning folks that it may be a rated R or whatever...

I agree this was over the top, but it's so much more for the civilians...

Once I explained this to my wife she understood, and the only really misstep was using the term fag... Should hav stayed with gay or queer, as those are not considered offensive.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join