It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are we not hearing about crop cirlcles anymore.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
As others have said, because they have been DEBUNKED
edit on 1/3/2011 by Josonic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Because nobody has the creative sense anymore to go into the wheat fields with a board and a length of rope. People increasingly fear/distrust the countryside as being where 1) you might get shot by an angry farmer, 2) you might get raped by some crazy inbred fieldhand 3) there are big strange animals out there in fields and 4) you might get some nasty countryside disease or 5) you might get muddy.

Seriously when I was growing up in the early 1990s my family was for ever going off to farm fairs to look at old tractors, buy random junk and car parts and generally getting stung, bitten and roughed up in the countryside. People are increasingly worrying about their health and welfare and prefer to sit in their wee tract houses all day long polishing their 4x4 BMWs they never even dream of taking offroad.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by bcroper

They have been occuring. I just looked at Crop Circle connector to look at some of the design for the european summer.
I have noticed this forum has had more interest in other topics. IMHO, the topic of CC's does not carry the weight that real issues do, like say Wiki leaks or Political issues. These seem to be seriously big issues that over shadow people making patterns in fields of wheat.

Just my 2cents.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Its my understanding that you would require a corn crop to make a crop circle. There are no crops of corn in the winter. Wait until summer and I bet there will be more than last year. What with all the 2012 nonsense on the horizon farmers will want to cash in on the lucrative hoax making. www.guardian.co.uk...

Farmers, too, can make thousands of pounds, either in compensation from companies wanting to have their logos plastered in their fields, or from charging people £2 each to walk in a circled field. One farmer near Stonehenge is said to have made about £30,000 by charging tourists to visit circles on his land.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
www.cropcirclewisdom.com...

I remember going to this website in the early summer of 2010 and the website author stated that crop circles where not real and he would be posting no more pictures until further investigation. I was quite suprised to revisit it today and still see his statement up there, although I believe it has changed since then. This website was quite good previously for looking at the latest crop circles and interpretation ideas. Strange if you ask me!

Back in the early 80's a friend of mine (who's father never cut the grass) had a huge circle pressed into their lawn (if you could really call it a lawn!) It was just there in the morning, out of nowhere. It covered the whole back yard(the garden was quite small, square and very private from the road) I remember it being so swirly and perfect in appearance. We kids (probably 7-10 yrs old) sat in this thing and had the time of our lives. We sat and played in this thing all day long, it felt so darn cool in this circle. One experience I will never forget, it makes the possibilities of crop circles a tangible reality for me.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Man that can make airplanes, supercomputers, robot surgeons, hell THE TELEPHONE, could not make crop circles?

Please you give these things a complexity that just is not there.

I admit they DO LOOK COOL.

It stops there with me...

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic
Man that can make airplanes, supercomputers, robot surgeons, hell THE TELEPHONE, could not make crop circles?

Please you give these things a complexity that just is not there.

I admit they DO LOOK COOL.

It stops there with me...

I gotta ask, how many of those things you listed were done in one night? Because by most reports crop circles are.

I never said man couldnt make them, but I damn sure don't believe that every single one of these was made with plywood boards, in one night. Aside from the precision that would take, and the size of team you would need to pull some of these off in one night, inevitably, at one point or another, SOMEONE WOULD GET CAUGHT MAKING THEM.

I hate this, I feel like I have to defend something that I don't fully believe in because people out there are speaking nonsense.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ayoss

Originally posted by On the level[...] have you seen evidence debunking everyone of them if so please share the thousands of links

No need to debunk something that hasn't been proven in the first place.

lol. Read that over and over until it sinks in how stupid it is.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by bcroper

Because it's not in "trend"...Crop Circles have been firmly debunked in my opinion...with many of them being proven as man made.

For you "believers" consider this.

Alien species, capable of advanced propulsion, faster than light travel, INCREDIBLY advanced technological race...communicates with a new species by making pretty shapes in a field...seriously....
edit on 3-1-2011 by Crutchley29 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
in all fairness i have done a little bit of research although nothing extreamly extensive, wasnt there some sort of genetic mutation at a certain part of the crop. something to do with the crop would have been heated at high temperatures then cooled. and i think there was some radiation detected in the crop circles

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Crutchley29

Your logic is flawed. You think because people have proven that they can replicate crop circles that this explains even the most intricate and largest of designs. Crop circles that appear overnight with incredible detail over 1000 meters in length does not constitute a hoax to me. Also, if an alien were to come here, what in your opinion would be the most effective means of communication? Sign language?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crutchley29
reply to post by bcroper

For you "believers" consider this.

Alien species, capable of advanced propulsion, faster than light travel, INCREDIBLY advanced technological race...communicates with a new species by making pretty shapes in a field...seriously....
edit on 3-1-2011
by Crutchley29 because: (no reason given)

ok, your turn ... consider this:
foreign species arrives and wishes to have continuous communications with 'those in charge'. (not saying it's so, just surmising)
what method of communique would be most likely over-looked by the masses, less than likely to be intercepted and could be 'coded' at will? pictorals

what method of communication is the very first method learned by ALL (except the blind) ? visual correlation
[items are recognized and desires are conveyed long before any alphabet applies]

what is the method of communication that pre-dates all written and verbals ?? hieroglyphs

why are CCs recorded, investigated, evaluated and professionally debunked if there really is 'nothing to it'?

if you've ever looked at a gallery of them from year to year, ever seen two alike?

if a foreign species were 'assisting' the human populace with vital 'galactic' secrets, do you think they would advertise it in the msm, on the radio, or perhaps the internet?

so, if you wanted to actively communicate incognito with a foreign/alien entity, how would you proceed?

for the record, it's my opinion that there is much more to them than we are led to believe. the celestial implications are simply amazing. the formations themselves, intricate and beautiful. and the msm has gone way out of its way to debunk them ...that's always a red flag.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
last time I checked ... and it has been quite sometime. Planks with string and a sled contraption does not produce radiation in the crop, Feel free to correct me if im wrong ... i have been lots.
edit on 4-1-2011 by donttaserme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by bcroper

It got a bit old, these days its more fun making fake images, since its a lot easier and more convincing to use Photoshop. Although some day the crop circles will be resurrected, once they're so old people don't really remember them, then when you go outside you have a mystery, since this time its actually there, not a photo.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by donttaserme
last time I checked ... and it has been quite sometime. Planks with string and a sled contraption does not produce radiation in the crop, Feel free to correct me if im wrong ... i have been lots.
edit on 4-1-2011 by donttaserme because: (no reason given)

Radiation? No, but maybe nuclear materials being dumped there. Haven't heard of a proper case where there was evidence of radiation reported by officials. Might research it one day.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join