It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If BoA Isn't Guilty, Then Why are They So Panicked?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

The director of WikiLeaks, Julian Assange, previously said he had intended to "take down" a major U.S. bank and reveal an "ecosystem of corruption" from data from an executive's computer.

Bank of America has been reviewing cases in which any computers were lost and was looking for signs that its systems might have been compromised, the newspaper reported in its electronic edition.

The bank has hired consulting firm Booz Allen Hamilton to help manage the review and has sought advice from several top law firms, the report said.

af.reuters.com...

Perhaps BoA shut off the WL accounts to try to use this "punishment" as leverage?

I can just hear it now...BoA will probably try the worn out strategy very soon to say that WL information about them is not true and that Assange's team is merely retaliating for BoA's "act of patriotism" in refusing to transfer monies being sent to WL.

Don't you all find these plots easier and easier to decipher?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

At what point were they ever guilty? We are all innocent until proven guilty, including business, Government officals, and even Julian Assange.

The panic being referred to could be nothing more than BoA worried that operational information that could be detrimental is going to be released. All businesses have operational plans that are not for public consmption and rightfully so.

If there is information that leads to criminal wrong doing, then it needs to be turned over to prosecutors, and not realeased into the public domain where I gurantee you not all the information is going to be present to paint a full picture of whats going on.

Business expansion, devleoping new technology, new ATM setups / systems, more efficient communications, strategic planning for increased bussiness etc.

Lots of info could be potentially released that would be detrimental to BoA as a business. Also, keep in mind Assange is making these claims, and not any competent person with experience in terms business LAw, Intrnational Law, FEderal Law, State and local law.

What he is saying is illegal, could very well fall into the realm of he doesnt like it, so to him it should be illegal, when in reality its not. He is Austrailian, not American and with all of the info released about Assange, I dont see anywhere where he is a legal expert.

Edit: Did you make changes to your post? lol after typing this out, some of the info i placed was in response to info, which is now gone lol.

edit on 2-1-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

At what point were they ever guilty? We are all innocent until proven guilty, including business, Government officals, and even Julian Assange.

Their own actions seem to imply their guilt. I haven't heard of any other big banks that have stopped payments to WL. Nor has there been news of other banks desperately running checks on their computers and calling for experts to check all their computers for a missing hard drive and already calling in lawyers.

Hit dog hollers, you know.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

reply to post by Alethea

Edit: Did you make changes to your post? lol after typing this out, some of the info i placed was in response to info, which is now gone lol.

No, YOU are the one who made changes to their post. I would hesitate to call someone a liar without first giving them the benefit of the doubt that they have a good excuse for being so mistaken. But to imply that I have deleted information from my post, you really should have a way to back up that accusation.

You can look above and see there is no green writing at the bottom of my post to indicate any changes.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

reply to post by Alethea

The panic being referred to could be nothing more than BoA worried that operational information that could be detrimental is going to be released. All businesses have operational plans that are not for public consmption and rightfully so.

The are probably scrambling because they know they are corrupt. It may not be about BOA, but you can bet that banks have a way of operating that is standard among them, and that way is corrupt.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
The panic is probably not caused by something as simple as "guilt versus innocence."
I'm guessing the cold sweats come more from thoughts like like: "Which particular filthy rotten things that we have done does he know about, and which are still secret"?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Sweet a bank that doing some little dance steps eheh, and all they have to do is through some money at the problem, lawyers, security firms, and voila our money is ebhing used again for the good of the rich man.

there you go problem solved

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Regardless of what he has on them, they are a rotten institution. The bottom line is all that matters to these scumbags.

Someone out there has to expose these fools. If not Julian and WL, it has to be someone.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by dukeofjive
Sweet a bank that doing some little dance steps eheh, and all they have to do is through some money at the problem, lawyers, security firms, and voila our money is ebhing used again for the good of the rich man.

there you go problem solved

Their money may not solve the problem this time. For one thing....the monetary system is about to go belly up and they all know it. And the "leverage" of shutting off payments to WL didn't seem to work too good for them because it appears that WL cannot be "bought".

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

There could be an endless number of reasons why they are doing this including the one you have given.

ALL the big banks are guilty of something shady, immoral, illegal...yeah they are acting suspicious but their reasons will be exposed soon enough.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by itchy_tartan_blanket

ALL the big banks are guilty of something shady, immoral, illegal...yeah they are acting suspicious but their reasons will be exposed soon enough.

I just have a sneaking suspicion that when the big one comes down the others will tumble like dominoes. After all, it's an integrated network. They should all be shaking in their boots.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder

I'm guessing the cold sweats come more from thoughts like like: "Which particular filthy rotten things that we have done does he know about, and which are still secret"?

Hopefully, the editors will send them a "fresh off the press first edition" along with a box of Godiva chocolates. It should send them some not-so-subliminal messages that "life is like a box of chocolates---you never know WHICH rotten things will be revealed" and like Godiva, they are going to be naked for all to see their shame.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Then again, it may not be BoA, after all. Maybe there will be an unveiling of an even bigger surprise that the evil doers are not expecting. Just when you thought someone else would take the heat and you are "home safe".....

The Federal Reserve Bank in NY is where monetary policy in the U.S. is implemented.

The New York Federal reserve is a private bank and the largest in terms of assets of the twelve regional banks. Operating in the financial capital of the U.S., the New York Fed is responsible for conducting open market operations, the buying and selling of outstanding U.S. Treasury securities.

The Trading Desk is the office at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York that manages the FOMC Directive to sell or buy bonds.

The New York Fed is also responsible for carrying out exchange rate policy by buying and selling dollars at the discretion of the United States Treasury Department. The New York Federal Reserve is the only regional bank with a permanent vote on the Federal Open Market Committee...

en.wikipedia.org...

Besides, the address on this one has that "Supreme Council" feel to it...."33"

"buying and selling of outstanding U.S. Treasury securities." ...maybe a Leak about those "securities"?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   

If there is information that leads to criminal wrong doing, then it needs to be turned over to prosecutors, and not realeased into the public domain where I gurantee you not all the information is going to be present to paint a full picture of whats going on.

Your Government KNOWS what corruption has been going on. They will help those banks cover up the corruption and prevent any data from being used in a court of law.

There are many millionaires that have been created robbing Americans. It also is the only means they've been able to keep DOD funded. Those retired Admirals and Generals themselves would cut your throat to keep the truth from coming out....they want to keep getting their $$$$$$ LUSH retirements.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

reply to post by Alethea

Business expansion, devleoping new technology, new ATM setups / systems, more efficient communications, strategic planning for increased bussiness etc.

Lots of info could be potentially released that would be detrimental to BoA as a business. Also, keep in mind Assange is making these claims, and not any competent person with experience in terms business LAw, Intrnational Law, FEderal Law, State and local law.

What he is saying is illegal, could very well fall into the realm of he doesnt like it, so to him it should be illegal, when in reality its not. He is Austrailian, not American and with all of the info released about Assange, I dont see anywhere where he is a legal expert.

sounds to me that YOU may be a panicie bank employee or something like that ??

and edits are indicated ... just like YOUR two edits!

are YOU accusing somebody else of doing what YOU are guilty of (like scapegoating)??

please explain your sudden and knee-jerky defense of BOA.

maybe YOU will be the next job-cut!

and REMEMBER that BOA bought the criminal Countrywide mortgage fraud!
edit on 3-1-2011 by xuenchen because: edit by example!

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea

"buying and selling of outstanding U.S. Treasury securities." ...maybe a Leak about those "securities"?

Could some of those securities be "human resources"?
Wouldn't it be something to find some documentation that revealed the particulars of our C'estui Qui Trusts?
Wouldn't it be something to find out who really holds ownership to our "certificates of title"?!!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   

[

No, YOU are the one who made changes to their post. I would hesitate to call someone a liar without first giving them the benefit of the doubt that they have a good excuse for being so mistaken. But to imply that I have deleted information from my post, you really should have a way to back up that accusation.

You can look above and see there is no green writing at the bottom of my post to indicate any changes.

Wow.. Overreact much?

I did not accuse you of anything, as its framed in the form of a question. I did not look for the green since I was in the middle of replying to your post, and had 2 windows open. I started to put info in and wanted to be sure I got the question right, and did not see what I origionally thought I saw. That was the reason I asked, and it clearely shows that in the question, which also had a smiley face at the end of it to portray it was a benign question, which was also followed up with LOL.

There is a HUGE difference between accusing and asking, and as you can see in the text above this, its a question, its not accusatory either.

So yeah, next time please practice your own advice and not accuse me of calling you a liar, which I did not do. Please dont put words in my mouth as you did in your response.

Moving back on topic, I find fault with the statement you made about acting guilty. The reason why is its a slippery slope argument. I would say they are concerned with the leak of information that could possibly cause damage to the financial institution, jeopradize personal / business accounts / information etc.

All assange said was he had info, which he is now using to attemtp to black mail people so he does not go to jail if convited. Its entirely possible he has no info, and this is all a big scam to assist his legal problems.

As much as I dislike Assange, his supporters have a funny sense of Irony. They continually state Assange did not break the law and that he is innocent until proven guilty, yet when the tables turn, people do the 100 meter rush to judgement.

It cannot work both ways. Either BoA and Assange are guilty, or they both are innocent until proven guilty.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I just wish that if there is incriminating information on these banks, such as BofA, that Wikileaks would stop playing games. The average citizen doesn't listen to this stuff because it's "CONSPIRACY THEORY". If the documents are released, then people can see that the government and their banks really are crooked. They apparently didn't get enough proof with the mortgage crisis. All of us who believe in these so-called "conspiracies" can talk all we want about these things until we have concrete proof.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Huh, I didnt realize you were Altheas little helper. I think Althea can speak for him/herself.

No I dont work for a bank. I am a Police Officer, a citizen of the United States and a huge proponet of the Constitution, the Bill of Rights - specificly due process, which is what leads me down the path of innocent until proven guilty, regardless of personal opinions or feelings on the matter. The moment we make any exception to that, then the precedent has been set to use that case law ruling elsewhere, with the possibility of criminal trials.

My defense of BoA is to the extent of rule of law:

* Due process
* Innocent until proven guilty
* The right to face their accusers

I am fairly confident that you would take exception if some person accused you of criminal acts, provided no evidence to support the claim, then be treated as if you are guilty by everyone around you.

If BoA is involved in criminal activity then yes, by all means start the engines for the grand jury.

I dont know about you, but the whole idea of guilty by actions until proven innocent scares the hell out of me, and advocating it goes against what members on these forums scream about, stripping rights away one at a time.

For a group of people who continually demand justice based on wikileaks views of the world - justice, fair treatment, accountibility, and presumed innocene, they sure are quick to drop to the same level they accuse the government of anytime a target of wikileaks is brought forward.

What possible reason could Assange have for the latest threats against BoA? Assange has stated in interviews that his main goal is to punish the US Government, not stop any wars or bring criminal info to light. He just wants to cause as much damage as he can do, for as long as he can before running out of classified information.

In December, Bank of America said it would not process payments intended for WikiLeaks, which has angered U.S. authorities with the mass release of U.S. diplomatic cables.

Bank of America joined a growing group of financial services companies, including MasterCard, PayPal and Visa Europe, that are restricting payments to the global organisation which has said its next large document release will be bank information.

His comments are tantamount to extortion and black mail, threatening to do damage to a businees if he goes to jail. What other reasons might he have?

National Information Center - 2010 Financial Institutions Ranking - US

Bank of America is the largest bank in the United States, and has assets at $2,341,160,426.

More info: Source - Wikipedia

Bank of America Corporation (NYSE: BAC) is a financial services company, the largest bank holding company in the United States, by assets, and the second largest bank by market capitalization.[5][6][7][8] Bank of America serves clients in more than 150 countries and has a relationship with 99% of the U.S. Fortune 500 companies and 83% of the Fortune Global 500. The company is a member of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) and a component of both the S&P 500 Index and the Dow Jones Industrial Average.[9][10][11]

As of 2010, Bank of America is the 5th largest company in the United States by total revenue,[12] as well as the second largest non-oil company in the U.S. (after Wal-Mart). In 2010, Forbes listed Bank of America as the 3rd "best" large company in the world.[13]

The bank's 2008 acquisition of Merrill Lynch made Bank of America the world's largest wealth manager and a major player in the investment banking industry.[14]

The company holds 12.2% of all U.S. deposits, as of August 2009,[15] and is one of the Big Four Banks of the United States, along with Citigroup, JP Morgan Chase and Wells Fargo — its main competitors

Making allegations like Assange has about Bank of America is irresponsible. Attemtping to bring down Bank of America is not going to hurt just the United States, but the 150 countries Bank of America operates in. Bank of America is also the largest holder of US deposits, at 12.2%.

So while people want to do the 100 meter rush to judgement and condem BoA, being the judge jury and executioner, (which again is in contradicition with the arguments assange supporters make about him, innocent until proven guilty) its not something that you just dump out into the open for the world to see.

The ramifications are immense, and I dont think people adequately understand the complexity at all.

Here is food for thought. Julian Assange argues mainly that his target is the US Government. He says he has no issues with the people, but the policies etc. If he does this, and brings down bank of America, it is going to affect individuals in the US, who would only be able to recover $100,000 dollars because of the FDIC. The impact on the 150 other countries, some in developing nations, would have massive ramifications as well.

Hypocritical part on Assanges side:
Its ok for him to accuse BoA of wrong doing and wanting to bring it down. The 2 females who accused him of the offense, according to Assange, is bogus.

Double standard much?

As of right now, the only information we have is what Assange has said, while showing absolutely no proof / evidence of his claims, yet people latch on to that and take it as Gospel.

If we are going to have BoA guilty before any due process, then the exact same courtesy should be extended to Assange.

You guys dont get it both ways and I for one will not give up my rights because assange foillowers are more intrested in retribution and revenge than they are in the truth,

Economic Times

Assange said his decision to dump top secret US documents on its website was revenge against "abusive elements of the United States government".

Yeah... He went on record and stated his motivation is revenge... This is why the release of info is slow, which is to drag this out as long as possible. He has no intrest in fixing anything, instead its based on revenge coming from his moral beliefs.

Again people bitch about the Government making decisions for them, yet I notice the same group is silent when Assange does the same thing.
edit on 4-1-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

The New York Federal reserve is a private bank and the largest in terms of assets of the twelve regional banks. Operating in the financial capital of the U.S., the New York Fed is responsible for conducting open market operations, the buying and selling of outstanding U.S. Treasury securities.

I would love to see the FED go away as I feel they, as well as Congress, are 50% of the problems we have in the financial sector.

The other 50% belongs to us, we the people, for being apathetic about holding our elected officals accountible, and ignoring elections with the mindset it doesnt matter if we vote or note.

We all helped create this mess...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join