It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why so many weird events with mother nature going on in the state of arkansas??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

Arkansas officials are investigating the death of an estimated 100,000 fish in the state's northwest, but suspect disease was to blame, a state spokesman said Sunday.

Dead drum fish floated in the water and lined the banks of a 20-mile stretch of the Arkansas River near Ozark, about 125 miles northwest of Little Rock, said Keith Stephens of the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission. A tugboat operator discovered the fish kill Thursday night, and fisheries officials collected some of the dying animals to conduct tests.

Stephens said fish kills occur every year, but the size of the latest one is unusual, and suggested some sort of disease was to blame.

"The fish kill only affected one species of fish," he said. "If it was from a pollutant, it would have affected all of the fish, not just drum fish."

Ozark is about 125 miles west of the town of Beebe, where game wardens are trying to find out why up to 5,000 blackbirds fell from the sky just before midnight New Year's Eve.

www.cnn.com...

Arkansas game officials hope testing scheduled to begin Monday will solve the mystery of why up to 5,000 birds fell from the sky just before midnight New Year's Eve.

The birds -- most of which were dead -- were red-winged blackbirds and starlings, and they were found within a one-mile area of Beebe, about 40 miles northeast of Little Rock, the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission said. Birds fell over about a one-mile area, the commission said in a statement.

As of Saturday, between 4,000 and 5,000 birds had been found dead, said Keith Stephens with the commission.

"Shortly after I arrived, there were still birds falling from the sky," said commission wildlife officer Robby King in the statement. He said he collected about 65 dead birds.

The commission said it flew over the area to gauge the scope of the event, and no birds were found outside of the initial one-mile area.

www.cnn.com...#/video/us/2010/12/24/hoye.earthquake.swarm.cnn?iref=allsearch

CNN's Sarah Hoye reports on a tiny Arkansas town that has felt more than 500 earthquakes in three months.

So what is going on here? any one have any ideas? OR is this just a freak run of events for this area???

Seems a lil to strange for me.... lets hear it.....

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Seems to me that the New Madrid Fault is waking up.. We could be in for some major action here soon. The birds falling from the sky reminds me of a toxic cloud release from a volcanic type eruption.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Yea i was thinking along those lines as well, but i started to wonder why it would only affect the birds?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
The new madrid fault theory is very sound, as that is the same line that runs though Indiana and we had some quakes quite recently. Also maybe the drum are more sensitive to methane and other gases that could have been released.
edit on 2-1-2011 by LunchBocks because: spelling error

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
These events seem too strange to be unrelated and all take place in such a limited area. So there are now 3 different species of animals that have all suddenly died for no apparent reason, at virtually the same time. Thousands upon thousands: two kinds of bird and one kind of fish. The earthquakes are equally peculiar -- 500 in 3 months? That's the kind of quake activity you find in northern California on the San Andreas Fault... not Arkansas for goodness sakes. And there was no mention of the freak tornado that came out of nowhere on New Year's day. I suspect other things are happening that haven't been reported....

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I posted this in another thread, so I'll just paste if no one minds:
Another possibility is that some sort of toxins from the gulf were caught in the strange weather patterns that Arkansas has been having.

www.uncoverage.net...
www.npr.org...
brainz.org...

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I was just thinking that after I saw the fish thing. Its pretty bizzare. It is something we MUST watch. There is something going on there, that could effect us all. And like guy said above, could be that new fault waking up. Lets hope not.

new topics

top topics

join