It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Student Travel Foundation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I'm planning on becoming a teacher in about 2 years. When I graduate I want to teach English overseas in the Middle East and Hong Kong for a year each. I've always wanted to live in another country that's why I'm doing that. When I come back I want to teach History until I retire or decide to do something else. I have some big plans that I want to achieve as a teacher.

Being 27 years old with my whole life ahead of me I've already been fortunate enough to travel all over Western Europe, Greece, Turkey, Egypt, Dubai, Argentina and all around the US. I fell in love with traveling and started to look for a career that would enable me to travel places for a significant amount of time. Since teachers have summers off and I love history it seems perfect.

What I want to do is start some kind of foundation or "International Club" so I can take students around and they can see in real life some of the places that their text books describe. Not only students from the school I will teach at but all schools in my city, who knows maybe one day the whole state and even country.

I'm writing this post to see how I would start a foundation like this and what it entails. What channels would I have to go through to make this happen. Principle, school board, etc?

I plan on making this a lifelong project among several other things.

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by 27th Aquarius

not really the website for that kinda thing, why dont you try below top secret instead?????

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Do you mean like the Erasmus project?
link

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
If you want to teach english you may want to learn the difference between the words principle and principal.

After you finish teaching abroad, geography might suit you and your interests better than history. Cue the field trips.

Try to keep this personal stuff in the off topic forums. This forum is for conspiracy and other intrigue in the education and media fields.

Best of luck.

new topics

top topics

join