It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why focus on health freedom? Because our future is worth protecting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Source

With the passage of the recent Food Safety Modernization Act, the FDA will be moving forward with so-called Codex Alimentarius harmonization. It's written right into the bill text. This law also requires the FDA to set up enforcement offices in foreign nations to run a global food safety scheme that will try to pasteurize, irradiate or fumigate virtually all foods entering the United States. This is an effort to kill these foods and destroy most of their nutritive qualities. "Safety" is just the excuse to sterilize your food.

This same law also gives the FDA authority to inspect and shut down backyard gardeners, small local famers, small greenhouse operations, people who sell items at the farmers' market, and so on. No, these groups are not automatically exempt from the bill as was claimed by bill proponents: They must "apply" to be granted exemption by the FDA -- a process requiring them to produce tax returns, safety documentation and a pile of paperwork that the FDA can choose to declare "insufficient."

If that doesn't sound like freedom, what does?

If you're in my neck of the woods, my garden will not be shut down and will continue to produce as I see fit regardless of what some pencilnecked POS in the District of Criminals decides.

I will continue to grow and provide food to those around me as long as I'm able.

edit on 2-1-2011 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
This spring, I am going to plant one of the largest gardens I ever have. Use to grow in the past small plots.

Not this year, I am going to be ambitious. I have to start looking for a good location for my mason jars though. I am down to only a few dozen. Filling the larder from the stores is getting way too expensive. I am hoping a two year supply from this year's garden.

Oh, and if any revenuer even attempts squat, I will have to introduce them to..............

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
This spring, I am going to plant one of the largest gardens I ever have. Use to grow in the past small plots.

Not this year, I am going to be ambitious. I have to start looking for a good location for my mason jars though. I am down to only a few dozen. Filling the larder from the stores is getting way too expensive. I am hoping a two year supply from this year's garden.

Oh, and if any revenuer even attempts squat, I will have to introduce them to..............

It sounds like you plan to introduce them to something similar to what they'll be introduced to here.

Consider dehydrating/vacuum sealing as an alternative to mason jars. You can store a LOT of food once it has been dehydrated and vacuum sealed. I do both and typically use the mason jars for canning meat when it is on sale or for canning veggies that don't do well when dehydrated.

I have a basement for storage and it currently looks like a small convenience store!

new topics

join