It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Power of Clothing.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
We all wear clothes from time to time.

I have always thought that clothing plays a huge part in how I act.

For example, I just took a shower, and am wearing one of my favorite shirts and one of my favorite pairs of shorts. Also comfortable boxers. When I dress like this, I always feel extremely confident, knowing these articles of clothing have been with me through many many adventures.

They fit me perfectly and they get along great with me. They enjoy being worn.

On the other hand, have you ever worn uncomfortable clothing? When this happens to me, I feel "off" and can't function to my fullest ability.

I also feel like certain clothing can in one way or another, be charged with bad luck. You know what I mean?

I have a lot to say on the subject of clothing, and I will return and finish my ponderations on the topic in a bit.

During that time, I would loveth some input on the thread. ATS members you have amazing and unique minds.

You are awesome.

-SolahE

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
haha this thread reminded me of this little gem i read recently:

"There's nothing equal to wearing clothes and eating food. Outside this there are neither Buddhas nor Patriarchs." Zenrin Kushû (The Way of Zen 152, 224)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I know exactly what you mean.

I have always felt like im far less aware and sensitive to other judgments if im in clothes I love. Its a great thing being comfortable in your own skin.

Also, if I golf in pants, I always play better. Pro golfers are not allowed to wear shorts, a matter of decorum. If I feel like a pro, i tend to play a much better round.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
For me its a great pair of shoes when I wear a pair of black stiletto pumps I can take on anyone. To quote one of my idols

"I may gain and loose weight and my clothes will wont fit, but I will always have my shoes"

Its true when I wear my favorite pair I feel stronger more confident, and tall. When I pair it with my favorite outfit I feel even better.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Not religious, but does it say something in the bible about clothes do not maketh the man. Well anyway i was thinking, perhaps the original text might have been, clothes maketh the man. That is before it was copied over and over again down through history. After all, if you have good clothes on, it does for some reason seem to make you feel better. That is not materialistic its just fact, and most people do judge a book by its cover, although they may say different. So ergo clothes maketh the man, just a thought.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

seems to me... my clothes have always reflected who I am and what I do, I usually spend more time in my work clothes-the greasy mechanics uniforms fixing those nuage horses., but I do find time to clean up once in awhile. I've been told I clean up rather well

edit on 1/2/2011 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I really understand this idea....Lets say something "bad" happens in a good outfit...When you look or wear that outfit the negativity of said outfit comes back...So depending on the degree of the tragedy; if its real bad ;I just throw-out the out fit...
edit on 2-1-2011 by zbeliever because: spelling

edit on 2-1-2011 by zbeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

I have occasionally been asked if my house was on fire when I got dressed. Sometimes my socks don't match, sometimes I wear checks and plaids together and all kind of un-godly mismatched colors. I like the fact that I can be eccentric and I am comfortable with that.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
maybe that's why I always wear the sameclothes... my wardrobe is like a cartoon character's and suppousedly I should have a big wardrobe with every kind of fancy things (I'm a fashion student) but nothing's better than a pair of jeans that fits well, a tank top and sneakers (or sandals in summer). Anything.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I dress in the traditional styles for s.e asia .. Usually either a sarong - much more comfort in the climate here or dress as the local villagers do in the ubiquitous "black pajamas" as westerners called it. Never could stand wearing suits always felt like the tie was strangling me...

top topics

join