It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Strips to Underwear at RIC Security Checkpoint

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

In effect it is completely possible they did not have the authority to authorize it...

The applications are interesting... A legal challenge might win in the supreme court.. Why has the ACLU not done it....

I could see a case being rigged for it

good call...

Which way would you think it would fail on unconstitutionality?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I was thinking along the same line. Just take off all your clothes. I've done it a few times, at the moment of enlightenment which indicated it's the only way to get any privacy. It's a mental trick, primarily. You simply realize the shame is on the other side. Just..take it all off, right there in line. What a statement. Why should I get cited for anything...is this not what they want?

Is that what you want? Come on Tony, blank me now...blank me now while you still have a chance!

Disobey. Now.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by nonetruegod

I myself have really wanted to visit a few areas in canada...

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

I think we have gotten lazy...

as above so below

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by nonetruegod

I have been kinda curious. What has the transportation authority done in the UK. Have they over-reacted and been stupid in applications.

It is th same for other countries. How has your country responded to americas TSA actions?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

You have my full attention...

Can you post a link to that report? The act of violation you named...

Now the credit card thing do you have the link as well.... Or at least the information....

at this point I have to add a link to SKL's thread on this...

skl's thread

go down to proximity card response...

is it this or something else????

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by zuul000

I dont wish to interfer in your conversation. You brought up some points with him I had.

thankyou

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I responded earlier over the possibility of challenging the TSA on being unconstitutional, any thoughts on the laws that this would happen on

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gnarly
What is unreasonable about being searched before you board a plane with at least a hundred other people on board? Do you expect the right to use a plane that doesn't belong to you? It's a service, so no rights. Don't want to be searched? Don't use their service. It's a freaking simple as that.

Also, for people who say they are cancelling their vacations to the states just because of a "gate rape", LOL!!!! You would seriously cancel a vacation over being patted down, or I mean raped in front of everyone? How much of a coward are you?

Educate yourself!

US Constituion - Amendment 4

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

so overall the majority are a- holes?

interesting, did you noitice any other common characteristics... Teeth, breathe, shoes, hair, ect....

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by stinavamp

Actually, check with not only a lawyer.. well I cant say or suggest anything but this... It would make an interesting test case.... to read about

sorry had to edit that because t and c states certain things that must be abided by to protect the site...

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by StarBoy

I am self centered enough to say thank you...

I know you ment his protest....

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Gnarly

What is unreasonable about being searched before you board a plane with at least a hundred other people on board? Do you expect the right to use a plane that doesn't belong to you? It's a service, so no rights. Don't want to be searched? Don't use their service. It's a freaking simple as that.

first I apologize for the quote thing but I have a lot of distractions around me as I type.... I try not to use it so I do regret using this method.

I refuse to give up my rights so others can feel secure. Its a genetic thing from my ancestors... 55 of them got together and decided that we have the right to be free from government agencies searching me

I cant form my own airport and provide the same service without the TSA telling my passengers, "We must grope you!"

If we could then your argument would be valid. You cant form your own altenative to it. The airlines would do it.. We are not a free market. We are a mixed market and hence free market ideals have to take the mixed part into account..

Also, for people who say they are cancelling their vacations to the states just because of a "gate rape", LOL!!!! You would seriously cancel a vacation over being patted down, or I mean raped in front of everyone? How much of a coward are you?

It is a rape of personhood... A very serious violation... mark my words their will be an issue of a 15 minus year old girl or boy felt up by the TSA...

in line how would you respond?

It is the serious side of this protest of their actions....

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by zuul000

I agree with your whole post...

Now if T and C will allow it?????

The lawyer thing yep

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by starless and bible black

it is what they want....

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Now I don't know if this is true or not, but I have heard when you enter federally owned buildings you sacrifice your rights. I imagine that airports would be considered federal buildings. I'm not sure about this but this would explain how they are able to work.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by denynothing
Now I don't know if this is true or not, but I have heard when you enter federally owned buildings you sacrifice your rights. I imagine that airports would be considered federal buildings. I'm not sure about this but this would explain how they are able to work.

Where on Earth did you hear that?

Also, airports are owned by whomever owns them and are not federal buildings. LAX is owned by the City of Los Angeles Department of Airports. JFK is owned by the Port Authority of New York-New Jersey. Dulles is jointly owned by Virginia, Maryland, the City of Washington and the United States.

TSOs don't have any authority to arrest anyone. They're not law enforcement officers. I suppose they could, hypothetically, make a citizen's arrest if they were so inclined but, generally, they can only request the local police (if you're at LAX, the LAPD; JFK, the Port Authority Police, etc.) arrest you. That's why a local police officer is always loitering around at the screening checkpoints when you go through. Not because he's bored and hanging out.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Whoops! Wrong Thread!!

I'll get back to my response on this thread.
edit on 4-1-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by zuul000

I thought I heard that at school one day, because someone asked why people could search you when you enter the courthouse.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
zuul000 and ripcontrol Although I appreciate your enthusiasm, I'm pretty sure T&C might have a problem if not you may not like what you see. When the time comes I shall take pictures and then post the whole event for everyone with a large apology. As for the lawyer thing.Being a veteran of more than 100 protest since the age of 13, ranging from The WTO's to Marijuana Legalization March to a one woman protest of my city's mayor and his corrupt election, I have a lawyer on speed dial. He's actually a close personal family friend. Of the 19 times I've been arrested for protesting I have never been charged. I got this. one more thing I almost got my husband to rock the banana hammock with me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join