It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Strips to Underwear at RIC Security Checkpoint

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Man Strips to Underwear at RIC Security Checkpoint

www.wtvr.com

RICHMOND —

The fury over new security measures at airports apparently hasn't died down by the end of the holiday season.

At least, not in Richmond.

On Thursday afternoon, Richmond International Airport Police responded to an incident outside of Security Checkpoint B when a man reportedly stripped down to his underwear and socks.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Stripping in protest....

now if we can get hooters employees in on the act....

I was laughing as I read the post from CBS 6

The ending was that he only got a citation...

just in case you also want to read...

4th admendment wiki

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

and of note

The Fourth Amendment applies to governmental searches and seizures, but not those done by private citizens or organizations who are not acting on behalf of a government.[14] The Bill of Rights originally only restricted the power of the federal government. However, in Wolf v. Colorado, the Supreme Court ruled that the Fourth Amendment is applicable to state governments by way of the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment. Moreover, all state constitutions contain an analogous provision.[15]

seems somethings was forgotten ...

I agree with the protest do you

www.wtvr.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I agree too but it's ineffective unless you can get a large number of people to do it. Get a couple of nudists there too.
To be serious, get everyone to chant something while being searched. "TSA!!! Perverts!!!" or something like that.
edit on 2-1-2011 by DevilJin because: no reason

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Good for him and kudos for his father for supporting his beliefs.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

S&F!

Good for him! Looking at how close that TSA guy is to another guy's butt in the pic from the news story, I'm temped to see if our tomcat will pee on my pants before I going flying..

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
A citation? For what?

It is not illegal to be in your underwear and socks in a public place. In most places it isn't even illegal to be in a thong or g-string.

I have been to the convenience store in my boxers and flipflops before.

What was the citation for?

OK, I read the article. "Disorderly Conduct" That is a weak charge. It should be dropped, unless there is evidence that he was outrageously disruptive or crude. If he was just a half naked guy with stuff written on him, that is not disorderly conduct.
edit on 2-1-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DevilJin

excuse my ignorance but how wide spread is this occurrence i was planning a road trip from canada through the us with my fiancee and does this happen on your road borders ? i have always wanted to visit but if this is the way they conduct themselves on your behalf i think ill go to north korea sorry guys i would have love to have met you all

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
The TSA is not a private organization. From their official '.gov' website:

The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) was created in the wake of 9/11 to strengthen the security of the nation’s transportation systems while ensuring the freedom of movement for people and commerce. Within a year, TSA assumed responsibility for security at the nation’s airports and deployed a Federal workforce to meet Congressional deadlines for screening all commercial airline passengers and baggage. In March 2003, TSA transferred from the Department of Transportation to the Department of Homeland Security.

That means that every search that is conducted without probable cause is in direct conflict with the 4th Amendment of the US Constitution.

Period.

I for one am happy to see people like this stand up in protest of illegal activities.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DevilJin

It would be fun to hire to film a whole group of trannies going to vegas boarding a plane... The TSA guys would have heart attacks....

lol

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

I agree it is good that his father is supporting... He did a good job raising him...

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

I saw that...

That or eat a lot of garbage... Now if you could get the american public to have a fart in during pat downs....

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Richmond Va, henrico county disorderly conduct

DISORDERLY CONDUCT

RELEVANT LAW: Virginia State Code

Title 18.2: Crimes and offenses generally

Article 2: Disorderly conduct

Section 18.2-415: Disorderly conduct in public places
Henrico County Municipal Code

Section 13-32: Disorderly conduct

A brief definition of "disorderly conduct" is contained in the opening lines of Section 13-32 of the Henrico County
Municipal Code:

"A person is guilty of disorderly conduct if, with the intent to cause public inconvenience, annoyance
or alarm, or recklessly creating a risk thereof, he:

(1) In any street, highway, public building or while in or on a public conveyance or public place engages in
conduct having a direct tendency to cause acts of violence by the persons at whom, individually, such
conduct is directed."

I personally think it qualifies as a free speech issue... I would fight it... Note it is filed as a county court violation I believe...

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by nonetruegod

are you kidding it is what makes us great....

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

you brought up a good point... Where is their authority derivative from? Is it possible they are in violation of their charter....

That would enable them to be sued for all acts...

I never considered that... Do you happen to know th answer to that?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

what does fingering children?????????? im sorry but if thats what you believe you cannot be american

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

i know this reflects no way on the american way just one twat

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

The TSA, Transportation Security Administration, is an agency that was created after the terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001, and since it's inception, it has pretty much had it's work cut out for it. It was created by the 107th Congress on November 19, 2001, with the Transportation and Aviation Security Act, to strengthen the nation’s transportation security system. The Act was signed into law by President George W. Bush, on November 19, 2001.
Source: www.helium.com...

The TSA is a government branch of the Department of Homeland Security, no different than the US Census is a branch of the Department of Commerce. Its authority is from the US Congress, which means it is under the same Constitutional restrictions as the US Congress.

I'm sure this general issue (but hopefully not the half-naked man in this thread
) will wind up in the Supreme Court. Let's just hope the nine robe-wearing individuals involved know how to read...

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

i really want to go to america but my family arent going through this maybe a petition of potential lost vacationers to areas will change things...... what in gods name is you country trying to do?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

As best as I can tell, my friend... we are trying to self-destruct!

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

looks the same to me on the outside but we in the uk are in a similar boat

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join