It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The human mentality::Is our mind modernized, or just our technology?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
We will start our new year in the 21st century, we have skyscrapers, power plants, games, television, internet, all these materials, because of all these materials we can conclude humans have truly modernized, increased moral ability, innocence, new ways to stop our negative mind structure, but have we really modernized our human minds understanding or just filled it up with a false influence that tries to keep our primitave side in the dark...

For example, the book "Lord of the flies", we see these well, educated students coming from what we can imply as rich families, and probably logically had strict rules intrusted to them, but once all these rules, education is taken away, the primitive side can be unleashed at a moments notice, it may take longer for the people more endowed to there rules, but eventually they will have no choice but to give in to there minds. So are our rules, laws, a joke? A joke just hiding our primitive mind. I think so.

Now I will compare this to a different subject, and I know this may stir some arguements, but I will compare to extremists, can we link this mentality to extremists? Let see.

Lets logically say most extremists are living in a impoverished region, lets take it one step forward and talk about these extremists before they were extremists, hmm, must have families, friends, and a... Life? With the right set of events that oppose there beliefs, there set of rules endowed onto them, if any will unleash there primitave side letting emotions take over there rules, and this is much much easier in a region where there is already a nearly lawless society. That is the reason we won't see extremism in the western world as we live in our falsely based rules to hide our primitive side and have them enforced onto us. And just as a sidenote, when we complain, we are complaining about something already within us the way we were created, and no matter how much we will try to hide it, no matter how much technology we will have, the primitive side will be there no matter what because we were created with it, every animal known has a primitive side, when I train my pet cockatoo(parrot), and he is a well trained bird, he will show his primitive side to anyone once it takes over him.

We can complain and argue everyday against people we call beasts and brainwashed, but they are really just acting like a human, we can call them crazy people who are a threat to humanity, but they are really just... Human, no question about it. Put in the right circumstances, every single human can become a suicide bomber, as every human can become a well educated, smart person. Every human has a primitive man that can cause devestation hidden inside...

When you are blessed with moral teachings, many people unfortunately use them to bash others who are not, and complain at those peoples primitive sides being unleashed, and a minority of those people can be the cause directly or indirectly, and every opposing action will cause them to bring out another percentage of there primitive side. Also, this won't stop, it is a material that cannot stop. We will have our fight against people who opress, we may win for a while, but it will show up again, this time you may call them muslims, maybe with another 200 years, 20 years, 2 years? We may see christians gone mad as there country may have gone bankrupt or be living a post-disaster environment leaving them and only there primitive side, no morals, and see muslim peacekeepers coming in and ensure freedom. It may seem crazy now, but sooner or later it may happened, because it will keep re-occuring like a cycle, this is a small example I made here.

These occurences will keep happening, and it is not possible in the human mentality to make it stop, we may stop it artificially, but only temporarily, mask what is hidden inside, follow the cycle and soon it will follow through, and there will be a reoccurance of these events, I am sorry, but these events shape our human mind and it is impossible to make it stop, unless humans were gone extinct, hopefully that wont be happening any time soon, so remember, this shapes our human mentality and it is not going to change anytime soon, our life is based on our primitive mind and we will always get a moment that depositions our morals and puts our primitive mind into full gear, doesn't matter if you are a rich celebrity, the president, or the homeless man, you will have to face it that you won't lose your true primitive mind you were given thousands of years ago and accept that your fellow humans across the world, they are still humans, not beasts, they are just being human and following a cycle that seems true in my eyes as it looks like it has happened many times throughout history. I won't go into detail, but crusades, world wars, etc...

We are just humans, primitive, or morally influenced, everything we do is based on us being humans, we survive because of the occurances, they may be of more modern techniques now, we are using missiles and bombs, not swords, and cannons, but same affect, same life, just modern technology, remember to live life to accept ourselves and our way of life.

Daniyal.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Word!

2nd line

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Human DNA has changed very little over the past 100,000 years. That means we are virtually the same as the people that hunted and gathered at first glance. However, the great thing about the human mind is its ability to adapt, especially during childhood. That's why kids have such an easy time learning how to use computers and games. Even though we can adapt to these new technologies, we still have the urge to kill stuff and reproduce. You can't get rid of these urges no matter how hard you try, without these urges we wouldn't be here. There's a reason why violence and sex are all you see on TV these days.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Also, when have Christians not been crazy? They killed so many people during the middle ages, and still do today.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost374

Yes, true, which is just like what I am saying, its impossible to stop, like a cycle, it keeps going as a reoccuring cycle that really in any means cannot be stopped.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Daniyal

I have been ranting about this for years!.

We,as a race,(species),have gotten way ahead of ourselves.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
To me we are just not fully equipped for this environment anymore unlike other species... you strip a man bare and set him out in the wilderness like Alaska or some place and I doubt one would fare very long.

There are those with hunter-gatherer instincts but now it would only seem those who practice it for recreation. You strip a human of their innovation and technology and one can see just how fit we are for our surroundings.

If the power went out for a decade or so I feel a field mouse would fair better than the majority of humans, so who is it that is more evolved, us or them ?

Evolution/Enlightenment/Technology/Devolution

edit on 1/2/2011 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by chiponbothshoulders

Yes, we may very well have, life is not what it's put out to be in many many ways, just most us are blinded by what we have.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

Yes, that is true. We have forgotten our navigation, and other skills to technology, not forgotten, but hidden deep inside our mind, and as said, given the right circumstances, humans can get them back.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Daniyal

I think your question is valid. You can teach a chimpanzee to press a button on command, said button causing everything from an orange to be dispensed to launching a nuclear attack. But can you teach the chimp the difference?

We have all these marvels we have created, unlike the chimp who merely is the subject and not the creator of the lab he is in, yet genocide among us humans is a regular occurrence even in countries with HD tvs and personal computers. Look to Sudan.

Our technology far outstrips our "morals" in some cases.

In fact it is hard to get a consensus among humans as to what exactly is moral or not, isn't it?

Our technology, for instance semiconductors, is scalable: we know to increase processor power by "x" amount, we must increase our printed circuit density on semiconductors by "y" amount.

But no amount of education or training is guaranteed eliminate the horrors of war or genocide en mass, or violence between any two people.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Daniyal

I'm lost.

I'm happy here.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

Nevermind,the chimp was doing just fine before we caged his ass,and did tests on him.......

We need to un-cage ourselves.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daniyal

Yes, that is true. We have forgotten our navigation, and other skills to technology, not forgotten, but hidden deep inside our mind, and as said, given the right circumstances, humans can get them back.

circles man circles... the most interesting of geometrical shapes, I personally like the circle because when you break it down everything follows this pattern, it happens to be really all we know about the Universe too... that is if we are stripped of our knowledge, speech and science of explaining what the universe actually is.

Circles...

edit on 1/2/2011 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

Exactly. And I would also like to say the only moral understanding we have is given to us by gov't's and such, we think we know so much, but we know nothing, our understanding has been thrown unorganized into the closet, with the technology neatly organized blinding us to dare not organize that closet.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Geometry.

How many shapes can be contained within a circle?.

But that's somebody else's game.

Or?.

edit on 2-1-2011 by chiponbothshoulders because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by chiponbothshoulders

I can tell you if I was a cavemen sitting at the campfire I could easily make an assumption that the Universe itself is actually "round"... when it would seem even scientist of today can not figure out the size and shape that the Universe actually is.

irony or devolution ?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

In that fact, humans really get way ahead of themselves when they think they are modern, modern in what way? Entertainment, they had that a thousand years ago, recording, pictures, etc...? cavemen used drawings as there camera, so scratch that also, the only thing different is us and the people thousands of years ago, they had more senses than us, more abilities that our mind has long stored away as we gave in to the "modern way of life".

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Daniyal

space is the place... maybe we will evolve into circular blobs of limbless boneless conscious matter.

screw it ! that why I am going to retire early and head out with the Indians and bide the rest of my time in this state with just feelings, the real mystery.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I value your future hopes, they sound great, sounds like a different sort of life that's not entrusted upon the society of laws.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Daniyal

it seems we get smarter so they say with each generation but we loose quality of being, this can be resolved just looking at art and literature from history alone... there is a certain quality that is missing now even looking at handmade items over mass produced items. I highly doubt I will see the next great renaissance but there are those who think lady GaGa is actually quality art, and she has been thrown to the top of the fold.

I miss the stone ages man

top topics

<<   2 >>

join