It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is This?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
This is for anyone who is familiar with HILL AFB, UT.

Backround:

The link I am posting is a view of a parking lot adjacent to perimiter road. Eeverytime I drove by this parking lot I always wondered why there was a building built into the side of the hill. The hill if you zoom out is a golf course.
I have seen this entrance many many times but to be honest never paid attention to it.

Anyone?????

maps.google.com...
edit on 2-1-2011 by surfnow2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/1/11 by masqua because: All Caps in title

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfnow2

I see nothing here my friend.

link   
Is this a trick question?

An empty thread?

edit on 2-1-2011 by nolabel because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by surfnow2

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I gave a flag because he may be working on uploading something.

Take your time.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
sorry guys

41.120152,-111.961804

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
let me add the golf course goes up on a hill and is raised high enough to see the flight line

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by surfnow2

Looks like an underground home.
But did you see the fake C-130 at 41 07’07.75N 111 58’25.57”W
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

that area is a refurbishing area for the c 130s. the hangers behind the blast wall are all for the c130s. thats not a fake plane its real. we only had a couple of nonworking planes .

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Here is the picture as taken off Google Earth

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f2b6ffd5aacf.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Connman

seems a little odd to put a building into the side a hill doesnt it?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Yes think it would be rather more costly to do that. But then I have heard of such things. I was really wanting more of the picture to show up there. Seems there is a rather cool sunroom there actually would have been to the right more then is shown in the picture. Or they could be solar panels but I`m thinking sun type room.

Certainly interesting.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Connman

if u follow the road leading to the golf course you will see some structures
well there are air vents and other indicators that this building reaches this area

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I was stationed at Hill for like 5 years, and played golf at the course there all the time. Very nice course actually. I have no idea what youre referring to though.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I really do not see anything special here either

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
If the question is referring to the grid like structure against the wall that looks like it leads to underground, it could be for storm water retention. Desert rain is infrequent but really hard when it does come down. By retaining storm water, you reduce the surge, and thus less erosion. Just a guess mind you. The photo isn't that good.

storm water retention

The Army Corp of Engineers requires a SWPP. (Storm Water Polution Prevention)

If you look at the roads around the Nellis range, there are all sorts of culverts to handle the rain. Some places the culverts are so big you think you are on a road, well until the culvert ends. ;-)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by PokeyJoe

if you pass the golf course road and right after that make a right there is a building built into the side of the hill. out of all places to build a building this is strange

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Wine storage?
wine caves

Building into the hillsides has a long western tradition. The Indians did this on a grand scale. Old western ranches had hillside storage on a smaller scale.

Some explosive storage at old mines was in hillsides. Really this is not very unusual construction.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

this is not wine storage or munitions. the munitions sections is slightly west of the runway toward the north end.
wine storage on a military instalation? under a golf course? where there are no places for tractor trailers to park?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I didn't mean to imply this is a munitions bunker. The miners and ranchers stored munitions like that, but not the DoD.

In any event, the building looks quite harmless. No dual fencing, satcom, or anything that makes me think much is going on there.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join