It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old Christianity, Not Islam, is the fastest growing religion today?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I stumbled upon this. Thought it was interesting. Could this lead to serious problems with Islam and Christianity in the near future?

Christianity vs Islam

Can anyone else give some merit to this?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
The entire world becoming christian by 2032? Those idiots are full of ****. The number of atheists increases every year in large percentages too. By making that claim, they are suggesting that I will become a christian (again) by 2032, even though I will NEVER deal with that bull**** ever again. That article infuriates me because it's false. It also contradicts the fact that Islam grows just as quickly, which means their "entire world composed of such believers by 2032" is utter nonsense.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Such statistics are hard to accurately gauge because you could be scared to reveal yourself if you're non-religious in a Muslim country, Muslim in a Christian country, or Christian in a non-religious country. Islam and evangelical Christianity may both be growing by leaps and bounds, but is it because of new converts or the relatively high birth-rates commonly associated with both groups? Or possibly a bit of both?
edit on 2-1-2011 by gnosticquasar because: grammar corrections

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
i see this as well. Not to mention, the article mentions OLD christianity, not the run of the mill organizations.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Maybe it is an attempt to remove the white man predominance from new style Christianity? At least the white man superior attitude of things such as Christ being depicted as a chizzled white man and who he really was. Maybe if Christians saw their Christ looking far more like a modern day profile perfect terrorist suspect, the two waring religions could begin to live life with acceptance and in peace.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Also, this could be why so many Blacks are turning towards Islam worldwide, perhaps they want to distance themselves from the white mans prejudiced faith. Why does Jesus on the cross have to be made in the image of the white man? In all reality he would look more negro than caucasian.
edit on 2-1-2011 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
This is a load of bull dust, how many people actually follow the practices of their religion? Some may say they're Christian, Jew or Muslim, but only by name. Decline in practice of religion leads to decrease in religion.

Highly doubt it, HIGHLY!

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
not all are so nieve to think that Jesus was white... I dont know many people that would say such a thing. I've never seen a white statue or picture, except in some old medival paintings. Every image of Jesus that I see, he is dark with dark brown hair. I even see black Jesus statues and pictures.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mentalistbee
This is a load of bull dust, how many people actually follow the practices of their religion? Some may say they're Christian, Jew or Muslim, but only by name. Decline in practice of religion leads to decrease in religion.

Highly doubt it, HIGHLY!

I agree completely. If everyone followed their religion 100% to the letter, I think that the world would not be the place we're looking at now. I think things would be so drasticly changed that we wouldnt recongnise the alternative modern day. EVERYTHING would be diffrent.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Yeshua came to do away with religion.

He called those that practice it a "brood of vipers" and "whitewashed tombs that look beautifull outwardly, but inside are full of deadmens bones and all uncleaness".

He also promised that those who practice religion would not "escape condemnation".

Read Mathew 23.. And see that the mission of Gods Son was to set us free..

Yet we like our cage it seems and heap up to ourselves religious rules and regulations to control and burden ourselves.

God wants us to fly

Thats why He sent His Son who IS the Law and broke Him on the tree to set us free.

The commandment (not suggestion) He left us with is to love one another as He loves us..

That is the limit of true Christianity, which is true Judaism btw..

Yeshua set us free to love without condemnation. To love without reward or expectancy.

For "Those that are in the Son are free indeed".

THAT is the REAL grace of God.

Unmerited favour.

We do not deserve it yet God did it anyway.

Its free.

All you have to do is accept it!

Whats more God does not tyranically force you to do so.

Its up to you xxx

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

I do know that fundamentalist and Pentecostalist Christianities are growing by leaps and bounds, mostly in South America, Africa and Asia. But I am not sure if it is growing faster than Islam.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I don't know where those articles get their facts.

The fact is that in reality more people are becoming nonreligious than vice versa.

And Christianity is dying in Europe. I don't know for the rest of the world.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
wait hold on you mean the Israeli loving christianity of pastor hagee, tim lahaye, and other fundies? If so I find that a bad sign because then Israeli Zionists will have massive supporters all over the world in their genocide against Palestinians

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
What is OLD Christianity anyway? The oldest Christian church on record, as far as I know, is Roman Catholic.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Condemned0625

You're assuming that the linear regression is an accurate representation of logistic growth; it is not.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by frozenspark

Dont confuse church with the old way. As some posters mentioned, we as a wold have fallen away from our roots for so much time that its possible that we really, honestly, dont even believe as we should anymore.

The old christianity before the catholic church existed for some 100 years before it was put in a catholic format of symbolism and ritual. Though, remember, even the old Judean ways in Israel were ritualistic and symbolic, but for GOD, not false gods.

If we can claim that we follow our religion enough to be worthy, my question is... Why are we not doing as Jesus had his deciples do? Why are we doing totaly contradictory? This is true in EVERY church I know. Every single one. Every denomiation. There are very few examples that I know that compares to what Jesus and his deciples....

They traveled from city to city, without a staff to walk with. They traveled with NOTHING, no food, no money, nothing. They lived off of faith. GOD provided where ever they went. They ate food with people who wanted to hear the truth and they were fed well. Any moneys were used to feed the people and expand their teachings. They did not ride golden chariots. They did not wear new clothes, they wore rags. They did not own anything or possess anything of worth EXCEPT for the word of GOD. they were all killed for their teachings. They had no possessions. They built no large ornate churches to advertise their church. Everything they did, they did by their lips alone.

Why arnt preachers, priests, and such not following this example? How many limos, gold rings, white tuxes, do you see today on these people? Why do they stand at the pulpit and tell me what is wrong with me, when they can go home every single night to a beautiful house and plenty of food to eat, with not one worry about bills and how their family will live through the hard times? Their biggest downfall are taxes and not being able to keep it in their pants, by human standards... But where is their soul? Why am I to suffer while those above me on the religious ranking system filled with plenty? How many people in these churches suffer, while those at the top seem to always have the greatest blessings?

Jesus overthrew the money changers on his fathers temple, the ONE throne of GOD on earth, where he chose above all places on earth to sit durring those times. Why do we alow such things to exist today in "faithful" communities, states, and religions.

I have one more point before closing...

If you sit in front of someone who preaches christianity, and you ask them various questions in a manner, because you simply dont understand something. If you see it in a diffrent way, why do these people get upset, shut you down, and refuse to speak with you? I only want to know. I only want to see some explination in my own beliefs. If mine are not correct, I want to know why. I dont want to get shut down and turned away, because I still have a need in searching for GOD. Yet, these same people push those away that "do not fit", my opinion, to stop anyone from changing their own laws... Not the laws of GOD. I never understood why people get frustrated when speaking about GOD in ANY way. The goal is to learn what you do not know and contemplate what GOD stands for. We cant very well do this if we are always shutting down those around us if one thing does not fit. I think the purpose is to show why it does or does not... Not "End of conversation".

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
That article is a joke!!

According to Gallup, atheism increased by 78% over the last 10 years in the US for example. During the same time, the number of Christians decreased by a significant amount...people are finally waking up.

As for the fastest growing, not sure really. China's largely atheistic...and got billions of people. Same goes for India...so Hindus probably show a healthy growth rate too. And a lot of Muslim countries have a riddic birth rate too, much higher than that of Christian countries. We barely get to 2 children per adult, that's nothing compared to India/Afghanistan/Saudi Arabia and a ton of other countries. It's a numbers game...

Having said that, the number of atheists is growing way faster on a % basis than any religion...but of course atheism isn't a religion, so that kinda doesn't count.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
i looked at the link and I see on the left hand side under WND directory - the 8th thing in the list is 'daily blessing'

that to me means this is not an independent news web site - it is in fact one that is affiliated with the religious groups it says will take over etc

I would take what I read on this web site with a little caution and cross veruify it with more independent sources before you believe articles that say that they have an avalanche of new memberships

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

theRhenn,

I see it is the one world religion push that is taking over and making it, we are all one, your're ok, all are ok, just believe and we all end up there together. Our God is your God and your God is our God.

That's a fat one from the father of lies. Don't get caught up in it.

Truthiron.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Hey look, more baseless claims from WorldNetDaily. This is just another evangelical who is upset that the western world is slowly becoming more atheistic and secular, so he just randomly claims that there are a lot more Christians. Also, it doesn't mention the rate at which these newly classified Christians are cannibalizing the other classifications of Christians.

top topics

join