It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America isn't peaceful

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Let me start out by saying that I wasn't sure where to post this.

In my opinion I think its sad that America has not been out of war.Im going to start back from WWI that was dated from 1914-1918.Than right after that we have another war WWII 1939-1945.Then after that we have Korea 1950-1953. Then we have Vietnam from 1955-1975. A 20 year war.

Then we have all Those little battles like desert storm/ desert shield,Somalia,Operation Just Cause,Cuba,etc.Then we invade Iraq again supposedly because we are helping them.You can't make peace with war.We aren't helping Iraq they don't want our help.My point is America isn't a Peaceful country.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Burger eating invasion monkeys

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by zombiesC4

Apart from wars, it has had and still has many problems with crime. I made this Thread on that a while back...

America is not all it puts itself out to be...

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Not just the US. Its a human condition.

That being said, take the world bank out of the equation, and most of these wars never happen.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by zombiesC4
In my opinion I think its sad that America has not been out of war.Im going to start back from WWI that was dated from 1914-1918.Than right after that we have another war WWII 1939-1945.Then after that we have Korea 1950-1953. Then we have Vietnam from 1955-1975. A 20 year war.

Go back further...

A MILITARY HISTORY TIMELINE OF WAR AND CONFLICT CROSS THE GLOBE 3000 B.C. to A.D. 2008

See a pattern?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

That may be true but we call ourselfs land of the free and we call our self peaceful but we aren't

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

So you would rather be speaking German right now?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

America just like many other countries has a long history of fighting wars. The problem we now face is it has become a industry. Just like Coke or snack cakes. We need to keep fighting to keep people employed. This is a scary scenario and reminds me of Rome in many ways.

But to say America is any less or more peaceful then say China or Russia is stupid at best.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Skippy1138

After project paper clip we might as well be.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

You don't compare two turds a turd.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Every culture has/is/will partake in war. The sad truth of the matter is war does solve issue's. This may come at a human loss but one way or another the problem is solved. The flip side is that in solving an issue by way of war we can open up new and more complex issues. Another issue is defence. In order to keep others from invading your country whether it be for land or resources you must maintain an efficient defence force. Now that you have this defence force you have to be willing to use it if needed, or having it is pointless waste of money as you will be losing it all when your agressor decides to attack.

Some people don't have a choice in the matter, If you are attacked you don't have many options. You can do nothing and claim to be a peacefull culture. In the end you have risked losing your culture and freedoms. Or you can fight.

As far as America's wars go. I think some were in our long term interest and some were not. Alot of people get caught up in conspiracy's, they forget that most if not all are unproven, or they wouldn't be a conspiracy. But these people live there lives as tho they are true. In there mind they are sure that there is a world order that has been around for thousands of years that are manipulating countries to go to war so that they can profit and control the population. Instead of looking at each conspiracy as a possibility they look at them as fact and then make all of their judgements based on this one un proven possibility. For some people anything the U.S does will be bad. My thought is most countries do alot of bad stuff and alot of countries do good stuff, the good stuff never sell so we mostly hear about the bad. The U.S is the major world power at the moment, anything we do wrong gets plastered all over the world news. It is like a celebrity getting caught drunk driving, why is it you hear about them getting caught and get to hear about their court case and punishment, but no one cares when some average joe does the same.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

America is a pretty large distinction here.

I agree that the American government haven't been peacefull since WW2. After all there are 6 wars going on right now that the US is involved in.

I think the American People are very peacefull, they just haven't realized whats been going on with their name and their money stamped all over it.

Eventually people will wake up and see the world for what it is.

I firmly believe America will be a great nation once again, for all the right reasons in the future.

~Keeper

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

And I also dont write one line answers in my own threads.
You are trying to make a point that is mute in reality. Ya, America is war mongering and so is Germany and France and Russia and China and Japan.............I bet I could list 100 countries.

Man is war mongering. At this point in history America is doing the fighting 20 years in the future it could be China who knows?

I am getting sick of these bash America threads with OP's who post one liners. Why not go into detail and argue the finer points it's your thread.
edit on 2-1-2011 by Subjective Truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I believe the OP is correct. Our crooked, war machine government victimizes the world to their benefit.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Well, the USG is obviously not peaceful, as history blatantly exposes- even starting wars under false pretenses, ie the phantom WMD's, and before that Gulf of Tonkin, and before that etc... the list goes on and on. And these are just the details that have been brought to light for all eyes to see. However, I believe most Americans are peaceful in nature- at least those of us with IQ's above room temperature. The same goes for citizens of any country. At the same time I feel that Americans are becoming more apathetic every year. Maybe it's something in the water, but I suppose that is for another thread.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

reply to post by LadySkadi

That may be true but we call ourselfs land of the free and we call our self peaceful but we aren't

The whole idea of your premise seeks to discount thousands of years of war fought and/or suffered by hundreds of millions of people in every country, spanning the globe. How does a "snapshot in time" a time of relatively short period (20th-21st century according to the o.p.) have any bearing on judging a global HUMAN issue that has been ongoing since man can remember? Seems rather myopic and myopic questions have myopic answers. Perhaps simplicity is what you are seeking? Too bad it's only a smokescreen for reality...

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Who is peaceful? Even the Swiss weren't exactly neutral in WWII... they helped the Germans store Jews in their vaults in the Swiss banks. They were knowingly intervening on the side of the axis powers.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I just have a hard time understanding how they keep coming up with cannon fodder so consistantly.

But then,when I was young,I was.

Must be cuz I was poor.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth

And I also dont write one line answers in my own threads.
You are trying to make a point that is mute in reality. Ya, America is war mongering and so is Germany and France and Russia and China and Japan.............I bet I could list 100 countries.

Man is war mongering. At this point in history America is doing the fighting 20 years in the future it could be China who knows?

I am getting sick of these bash America threads with OP's who post one liners. Why not go into detail and argue the finer points it's your thread.
edit on 2-1-2011 by Subjective Truth because: (no reason given)
Ya your right china might be the next one to do it but wrong is wrong

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skippy1138

So you would rather be speaking German right now?

This statement makes it seem like Germany and their language is completely evil. It also purports the myth that we would 'all be speaking German' if we didn't engage in WWII.

WWII was the Industrial Age war. It was to see what powers could harness the new manufacturing capabilities that came with it. Germany had a huge lead in the start, but with the fact we were an unchallenged (with the exception of the Pacific) nation, we were able to throw all our production into the war without fear of homeland invasion.

It was at that moment that the United States saw a huge opportunity in becoming a Super Power upon the World. We could produce more tanks, planes and guns without fear of a direct attack upon the nation. With the wholesale destruction of Europe and the British Isle, it left just us and Russia at the wheel. It is to note that the Russians would have been defeated without the help of Mother Nature.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join