It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
reply to post by Akragon

Instead of looking at it in this perspective. Look at it this way:
What if his task was to set up the stage to tempt man and do as you say, but he took it too far and not only did this to man, but tried to get the others above to follow him?

What would be the purpose of this?

To rule a world that decays and dies? Knowing full well that a spirit can make no practical use of the material world?

I do not know the minds of spirits... but this isn't logical to me...

This also implies that God is in fact similar to the OT God as well... Why would "angels" not agree with the way God runs things... if he is perfect?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

What would be the purpose of this? To rule a world that decays and dies? Knowing full well that a spirit can make no practical use of the material world?

No, I put the part of above in there. He thought if this worldly realm will do it, what about above. He tried to rule above, not here. Thus, what I mean took it too far.

This also implies that God is in fact similar to the OT God as well... Why would "angels" not agree with the way God runs things... if he is perfect?

In the very beginning, angels could think on their own and the such, after the fall, this was changed. Maybe this is why the confusion.

Even to this day, they go to him with different paths of action. But, Satan didn't talk to him, he went ahead and tried to do action.
edit on 10-7-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
SATAN, of which is just one of the many names attributed to a particular kind of energy power that we humans all share as a common trait. IMAGINATION.
This word is the key and mystery to all of the eternal potential known as reality, which can also mean realm. The mind is the temple of the realm where we can make a choice. And a defiance against ruling.

SATAN, cast out from our minds are our own accusations of the realm. It is a eternal conflict and curse.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by InnerstellarOne
Lol this thread is fail.

you can debate satan and what he is who he is, Blah blah and go on, But the truth is jesus is coming, Satan is rising, And the end is near

Stop yapping on about ficitious tripe, Do something with your life, and stop living in conspiricy heaven. Its knowing the word of god that will set you free.

Can you prove this? People have been saying Jesus is coming since he left the planet. And people keep talking about the Satan. think perhaps you can arrange a meeting?

Listen carefully, the song explains who Lucifer really is.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Grandma

Lucifer is no friend, he is a theif, a liar...

No disrespect intended, Grandma, but can you show me the Bible verses that show when Lucifer told a lie? In the KJV Bible, there is only one reference to Lucifer. Lucifer makes his appearance in the 14th chapter of the Old Testament book of Isaiah, at the 12th verse, and nowhere else: "How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! How art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!"
No where else in the Bible does it say that word, which is a Latin word, you know, not a Hebrew word.

Now let's talk about Satan. Satan

As A Metaphor for the Yetzer HaRa

The Hebrew word "satan" literally means "adversary" and in Jewish thought one of the things we struggle against every day is the "evil inclination," also known as the yetzer hara. The yetzer hara is not a force or a being, but rather refers to mankind's innate capacity for doing evil in the world. Using the term satan to describe this impulse is not very common though. (The "good inclination" is called the yetzer hatov.)

References to "satan" can be found in some Orthodox and Conservative prayer books, but they are viewed as symbolic descriptions of one aspect of mankind's nature.
References to Satan in the Hebrew Bible

Satan appears as a proper character only once in the Hebrew Bible. In the Book of Job he is depicted as an angel who mocks the piety of a righteous man named Job.
source

So, I have to ask you, Grandma, I mean you threw this out there to us; what did Satan/Lucifer steal, and what were the lies they told?
Please be specific with chapter and verse, so I can look it up?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by InnerstellarOne
reply to post by Akragon

Akragon your are really ignorant, What is your motive im interested

Please explain to those us us who know Akragon, and have read Akragon, how he is ignorant? As opposed to your own ignorance in some matters? Have we reduced to school yard name calling to make a point now?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by bogomil

The funny thing is we have little to no information about Angels and their jobs in the physical realm...

The information we do have has been given over time, but ignored by many if not most... It seems that people believe that once the bible was written God stopped talking, and so did the spirits/angels.

Can people be so nieve?

True, we have little Intel of the Angelic Legions. I once saw my Holy guardian "Angel," at least that was what I was going after, and what I saw was two tall beings, glowing with silver sheen, and both had wings. They were identical twins, but decidedly male and female. At the time I wondered if this is where Humanity got the original idea for Angelic Beings.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Firstly, the church was in its baby stages for a long time, and was persecuted. Religious authority were mainly the romans and the jews. Yet here we are, we still have the bible. Secondly, I dont agree with you on your idea of Lucifer. Whats so weird about a being believing he is higher than God? Humans do it all the time. He is one of those that will be cast into the lake of fire, so hes definitely not working with God. Does he think he can win? Hard to say, but i'll go with the idea that at this point he knows he cant win, and that hes just trying to defy God as much as possible.

P.S-Dont forget that angels have free will too! Theyre just more divine, and spiritual, than humans. Also more knowledgeable id imagine.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Do you really believe God or the "devil" killed any of these people, or was it man?

God kills a man:
Genesis 38:9-10 (KJV)

9 And Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in unto his brother's wife, that he spilled it on the ground, lest that he should give seed to his brother.

10 And the thing which he did displeased the Lord: wherefore he slew him also.

God orders killing by his creations:

Leviticus 26:7-8 (KJV)

7 And ye shall chase your enemies, and they shall fall before you by the sword.

8 And five of you shall chase an hundred, and an hundred of you shall put ten thousand to flight: and your enemies shall fall before you by the sword.

Numbers 25:4-5 (KJV)

4 And the Lord said unto Moses, Take all the heads of the people, and hang them up before the Lord against the sun, that the fierce anger of the Lord may be turned away from Israel.

5 And Moses said unto the judges of Israel, Slay ye every one his men that were joined unto Baalpeor.

God teaches Humankind War:
Psalm 144:1 (KJV)

144 Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:

These are simple, every Christian worth their salt should know these. But you asked if we thought God killed, or Man killed? Well, Man kills, no doubt of that, but they learned it from their God, after all. Read here and know the horrid truth:
How many has God killed?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Disagree, there is/was a kingdom of darkness, but satan ends up in chains (double bound) and thrown into the abyss (oblivion). Hurray!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by isaac7777

reply to post by NewAgeMan

So says the bible...

How do you know this information is accurate?

IF this information comes from a flawed book written by man... could this information about said horned evil doer be wrong?

Its correct because the bible says so... is hardly a solid arguement on this forum...

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

There's no need for any Christian to be the devil's advocate.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join