It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Getting A Foot In The Door?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I am attending college and am wondering which route to take. I love this kind of stuff(ATS), and want to find a career in it through the government. If I am looking into getting into this which agency is the best way to start. Should i look at being in politics (Senator) or CIA/FBI type of job? OR is the a better way? Anyone have any info. Im sure other people have wondered the same thing, hope this will help you too.

Thanks

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
First of all do a little time in the military, a few year, and try to shoot from a position in engineering. If you are good you'll be working on classified stuff like reactors or weapon systems.

Then get a job for a private company that does weapons/computer systems for the military and work your way up in clearance.

Then from that point you'll have a lot of doors open.

Bewarned, if YOU want to know then this is a great way to go about it but it is NOT a way to expose anything.

Aside from the conditioning and testing you will go through there are serious consiquences for making public certain technologies. You could be charged with everything from espinoge to treason.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
i realize this but i am hungry for the truth.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Learning a language is one thing that would greatly increase your chances of getting hired in the intelligence community. You won�t get hired directly into a position working with UFOs/whatever, you most likley have to start low and prove yourself before you get into the really fun stuff.

Both the CIA and the NSA have the requirements for all the positions that they overtly hire on their websites.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
do skills help out I have 8 years experience in the IT business?

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
CJA252 you`ve probably blown any chance of getting in by being a member on this site

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
If you want to work with computers, the NSA would be the way to go. They primarily provide signal/electronic intelligence and decryption services. I don�t know if experience is enough to get you in though, I imagine that you have to have a degree.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
as i said im in college so i am getting a computer science degree and minor in somthing relating to communications or something

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
O.K. ignore me l don`t mind honestly

new topics

top topics

join