It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Environmental experts baffled as thousands of blackbirds literally drop dead from the sky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Residents of Beebe in Arkansas have been left baffled after more than 2,000 blackbirds fell to their deaths in a section of the city.

'Last night at about 10.30pm I came out here and saw a bird drop.' In a matter of hours on New Year's Eve thousands of birds fell from the sky to their death. Resident Melissa Weatherly told the local THVstation: 'It was horrible, you could not even get down the road without running over hundreds. It was that bad.' The unexplained event drew dozens of U.S. Environmental Services crews, who turned the usually quiet area into what looked like a scene from a disaster movie.

I did a search, but didn't see anyone else discussing this. What on earth could cause 2000 birds to simply drop dead out of the sky? All environmental tests have apparently come back clean - air, water, etc. The prevailing theory seems to be stress from weather and/ or fireworks, but even that seems dubious at best. My inner conspiracy theorist wants to check for flight data/ unexplained aircraft in the area at the same time, but there is very little I can find to support or deny that.

Given my complete inexperience in these areas, I am curious what the rest of the community has to say about this.

DailyMail link

Reuters link

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Someone did start a thread on this an hour ago, but it was 404'ed for some reason.

It is strange, especially as it (according to the other thread) happened somewhere in South America at the same.

My money would be on some form of gas, or electrical activity in the clouds.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
already coverd www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I'm going with either solar activity related, else maybe HAARP or similar facility was doing some experimentation.

Not sure.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by gateway30

That might explain why the one i seen was 404'ed, lol.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
This is literally the 7th time someones posted this thread today, Infact someone just posted the same post a minute ago! Im getting irritated now.

SEARCH PREVIOUS POSTS BEFORE POSTING

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Maybe it's like cow mutilations. Aliens mutilate the cows and than drop them back to earth? Maybe they were experimenting with these birds and no longer found any use for them and just dropped them back to earth?

Seriously though, maybe their was a secret radio wave experiment conducted by the government and an unexpected reaction caused these birds to become disoriented and they fell to their deaths?

Maybe HAARP was behind this?

Who knows what our government does or what kind of secrets it keeps from us. We just see the remnants of their experiments.

Maybe they were testing something that would eventually be used on us to reduce world population?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
already posted...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Many thoughts of possibilities regarding freak weather systems:

HAARP/Chemtrails

Methane gas in atmosphere (and/or concentration levels of carbon dioxide, too).

Depressurization (or a mysterious vacuum created to suck out precious oxygen from air)

Electromagnetic discharge (like prior to alien abductions and UFO's disabling electrical system of vehicles)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Didnt this happen last year too? Il try and find a link

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Thanks for the posts pointing to the other threads. Of course, I did search, but it appears that the results are lagging a little behind. I am looking forward to taking a peek at those other threads to see what people have to say

top topics

join