It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The American people and ET Disclosure

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

Sorry to disappoint you, but things will be violent. It's not going to be all happy and peaceful like some think. I'm not sure about the security at Area 51 though. They certainly don't have enough personnel to fight tons of people, but they do have a huge arsenal of highly advanced weapons and direct connections with the military. The military would defeat citizens quite quickly.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
When your world view is based on myths you made up or buy off on, it's going to be difficult for your favorite villain to live up to your expectations. That's not to say you can't have a big effect on the world. After all, look at Christianity. It was originally a 'go to the mountaintop, Jesus is coming again WITHIN YOUR LIFETIME' kind of cult. Paul preached an imminent second coming. It's been 2,000 years and still no Jesus, yet you can't say the religion has had no effect. In other words, Christianity was originally a Cargo Cult.

Just like Disclosure.

It has all the same characteristics. The government is going to 'Disclose' Real Soon Now! It's imminent! within our lifetimes! Everything is falling apart! TPTB can't hold onto the Secret any longer! If the government won't Disclose, then, then, then, ET will FORCE their hand!

Wishful thinking.

The Big Problem here is that we've allowed the whole issue to turn religious. When that happens, anything goes. A light in the sky becomes 'evidence.' People start experiencing ET personally. (The same exact thing happened in early Christianity. People reported seeing Jesus so much that the early church had to get a handle on it and suppress it.) And once you have a religion you have people selling indulgences. So there's Dr. Reed and his alien in a refrigerator, the Billy Meier cult, which some otherwise very intelligent people have signed off on. You have a whole host of contactees, abductees, etc. to the point that you really can't tell the difference between what is real and what is not. After all, that guy SOUNDS like he is telling the truth!

So then the arguing begins. One guy says, "He looked up and to the right when he was talking. That's a general indication that he is lying." "No, that means he is remembering." "It's arrogant to believe we are the only life in the Universe!" said with CONVICTION! and then, (wait for it) "therefore THEY are HERE NOW!"

There is no academic discipline to this. There is no rigorous course of study. The issue is not treated in a scientific manner. Reasoned discourse is often trumped by absurdity and psychological instability of people drawn to the field. There is no base level of knowledge to build upon. Anyone can pretend to be an expert and those generally considered experts are often as loony and undisciplined as any other believers. It's a real mess out there.

If there really are People Who Know, they must observe all this.The best solution I can come up with is to let the believers fight each other. They are doing a good job of confusing reality with fantasy. They have no idea what is really happening. Many of them believe obvious hoaxes and fakes. They are completely disorganized. And they are their own worst enemies.

In other words, for the People Who Know, it's the best of all possible worlds!

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Condemned0625

True, but the military is former citizens and they cycle in and out every few years or so, all the them love our country and its people. Would the men and women of the military turn on their own families or follow an order to kill fellow Americans? I don't think even high ranking commanders would follow an order like that, if the SHTF it is more likely the vast majority of the military would turn in favor of the American public.

Every soldier in the US military is taught he has the right to question an order that is overly immoral or wrong.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by moondoggy2

Where did you read about wikileaks and area 51. I read that there were a few mentions of UFO stuff in the wikileaks files but I've not seen anything specific like area 51. Believers are hoping that there is some good stuff in those files but since everything else so far has been mundane garbage I feel there wont be any pertinent information held in these files either.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

That is a whole other topic, I am simply asking if you think an American revolution could lead to complete or partial disclosure of classified information possibly regarding ETs. In the event of something like this happened many things could change for everyone, even the elite.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Yes, christianity was and is complete BS, but there is actually plenty of evidence for extraterrestrials (not the typical little lights in the sky). I'm talking about resurfaced Majestic 12 documents that were found in the national archives, NASA videos of saucers flying by and hovering above the atmosphere to observe Earth's thunderstorms, UFOs appearing and disappearing without a trace, retired astronauts admitting there are extraterrestrials among us and even living on the other side of the moon, more and more abduction victims finding and sharing memories they never knew they had, strange non-earthly metal objects implanted in abductees and extracted by Dr. Roger Leir through surgery (metallurgic properties that are NOT found on Earth anywhere at all and they produce deep-space radio frequencies that are not used by any agency on Earth). If you don't think he has any credentials, research him. His extraction surgeries and scientific analysis of the retrieved objects are genuine, which means it's his career. Religion has absolutely none of that; no videos, no photos, no verifiable documents, basically no evidence.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

Many of those men no longer have families while the rest can probably keep their families safe. Once you work for the secret government, you make sacrifices. If you dare to leak any classified information, they threaten you and your family and there's nothing you can to stop them except keeping your mouth shut. They have personnel who don't mind doing whatever it takes to get the job done, even if it means sacrificing lives.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Condemned0625

While I was in the military it seemed the large majority of service men and women were very family oriented, those that aren't quickly become so. Keep in mind the more people employed in secrecy increases the probability that someone will leak information, the number of people like this could not even begin to approach the numbers of civilians and patriotic military service members. I have faith in our soldiers and unit commanders, not so much the few individuals at the top of the chain though.

'We' outnumber 'them' by far, matter of fact, we give them their power.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

Yes, we do greatly outnumber them, but we don't have access to the weaponry they have. With the push of a few buttons, they could probably wipe out the whole nation if they wanted to. I'm not saying they would just open fire, guns blazing, killing everyone in the crowds. There will be violence in the future, gunshots, people wounded and killed, etc. Soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan have been killing civilians and police open fire on innocent people sometimes, so those are some examples. If the people really want to overthrow the government, large mobs will be needed to take over their structures and somehow gain access to the rather inaccessible underground structures. But, like always, not everyone will agree to participate. As long as people are busy with their lives, not knowing much about what is really going on, government will continue to have power until enough people wake up, seek the truth and do something about it.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
In my opinion and sorry to sound so grim, but disclosure will not happen in 2011or any time soon. Unless and i mean unless, there is a major shift in power on a global front.
edit on 2-1-2011 by tristar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
From what I have read from some Americans replies and threads on ATS, I have formed an opinion that they have been led to believe that they are the world's dominators. And that they lead the way in democracy and freedom. I feel that because of the race to the moon and 911, Roswell, JFK, the FBI, CIA, the media and their education, wealthfare , cultural and religious belief systems, that they feel the world will only believe in UFO disclosure ONLY when America does so. The world populas do not hang on to the words that come from the White House. Yes Your government might have some answers but so do every other nation in the world. I'm realising that the Chinese, Russians, Mexicans are more open in what they let their nation see regarding ufo's. I don't need the American government to tell me what I already know. I don't need the American government to protect me from what I know. And from what i see and read on here. America is on the brink of losing it's strangle hold on the modern world. It hasn't worked. it never will work and your future will be the same as every other dominating nation.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sussy

Yes, that is true. America is not the only country with secrets. Europe and Russia have their fair share of secrecy and so do some South American countries, especially Brazil. I live in the U.S. and I actually hate it. I'd rather live in Europe or Australia than this piece of **** country. "God bless America, greatest country in the world!" Yeah, my ass.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77
reply to post by Klassified

So you don't think there is a possibility that TPTB will ever be uncovered?

I think they have already been uncovered by many of us. And they don't care. Because unlike us, they have thought ahead. They have a contingency plan. They have taken the time to know their enemy(us) inside out. So whether we rebel "en masse", or we just go along for the ride, they have a plan for either.

But I have high hopes. I still think they can be stopped. I just think it's unlikely.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
The problem is most people aren't really getting mad at the government. They are only getting mad at the "other side," be it republican or democrat. IF democrats and republicans(the people, not politicians) could unite, there could be a successful revolution. That's a very big if. I think there's the same chance of that happening as there is the chance that there isn't life elsewhere in the universe.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
the truth is more terrifying than science-fiction horror. TPTB have lost control of the situation when the dirty underhanded dealing with these entities went sour now they're afraid the public will call for their blood. mind control, implants, threats, subterfuge and murder are the weapons of the devil. disclosure is a pipe dream.

the politicians are as clueless as the general public. don't look to tell to bring about disclosure.
edit on 3-1-2011 by kmarx because: truth

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
This is going to be short and sweet!

Why is it always America? I mean come on your not the only country by far thats had ufo sightings.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Down Under
This is going to be short and sweet!

Why is it always America? I mean come on your not the only country by far thats had ufo sightings.

That is correct, lets not over look the upgrade that is going on right at your back yard, obviously i am referring to pine gap, such a tranquil place but rather dangerous to say the least. Funny thing is that amount of u.s. (citizens) working as civilian contractors is mind blowing, but hey, the agreement between both the u.s. and i am not referring to the anzus treaty, strictly guidelines the amount of u.s. military to be within a.u. at any given point. But hey, noone can criticize any leading party for civilian contractors, regardless of the fact that the very companies involved are the ones directly involved with no such projects.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I apologize if anyone feels that I excluded them and their nationality, it is just that America is where I have always lived and it is what I understand. I am open to talking about disclosure in other nations as well?

No I don't think we run the world and yes I AM one of those people who is mad at my government as a whole, not just one piece of it. As far as I'm concerned my government is mistreating its citizens and the world. I also believe our military is the most powerful on Earth and demands that we take great responsibility in using it, unfortunately it is not so. This lack of responsibility by TPTB could be seen as cause for a revolution in America, and this is why I talk of disclosure in America rather than anywhere else.

If you want to talk about this same topic in another country then go ahead, I'm listening...

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
As long as the subject of UFOs is still ridiculed, yes, the government could even coverup a UFO landing on the White House lawn in full daylight, with a crowd in attendance.

If an even semi-plausibel explanation were given, and any (manufactured) physical evidence (costumes, pieces of the craft model, etc.) were provided to the press, it'd quickly go down as just a practical joke, and soon be forgotten.

Now, a large mothership hovering over the city....??? Well, that's a different story....

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Funny how it seems we are doomed to disbelief in their existence until they are actually invading us (presumably). I just don't know what to do or think anymore, so if a large crowd of people forced their way into Area 51 and initiated disclosure would that be sufficient proof?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join