It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The American people and ET Disclosure

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Warning: A lot of this is about the American social and political system, but I am relating it to ET disclosure in the end. If its in the wrong forum I'm guessing mods will move it. Also it might not be correct for all parts of America, my country is a hodgepodge of multicultural social diversity as I'm sure everyone probably knows

Let's play Mario in pipe dream land for a bit.

Here in America we can all agree that most of us are becomming upset with the ways our government deals with problems, when I say "problems" I mean that as a blanket term that I could write a book about so I will leave it at that for now. Many of these issues are directly related to disinformation and media bias concerning events that are taking place, more and more are discovering the underhanded methods in our political system. Ironically, the government functions this way in order to defeat democracy and give itself more freedom of choice in its actions without receiving criticism from the American public, for the most part its been working. Americans are no different than people of any other nation, we are simply being mistreated and mislead by various other problems that are being thrown at us, some of them are real and some are even fabrications. The people of my country deserve a sigh of relief, as does the world. The people of my country want their government back, and every time we think we have it, it turns to dust right in front of us are leaves the same old residue.

Will the United States government be able to continue this trend of pulling a veil over the eyes of the voting population? It may become more and more difficult for them to function in this manner as the future progresses, people are unhappy, dissatisfied and we (Americans) are starting to get the picture as our brothers and sisters, and in particular my biological father, are unjustly imprisoned. Global communication is ever increasing and as people get strapped for cash, they seem to prefer the internet over cable or satellite television, the efficiency of that corporation to receive money from its subscribers is playing a hand in defeating the same systems which allow its biased information to flourish. As time progresses, will America undergo a new social and political revolution? This process has happened countless times throughout history, the people will not stand by and watch themselves be mislead forever, slowly people are getting angry and they are starting to raise questions that cannot be answered easily. The majority and the powerful elite are not split right down the middle, the somewhat vast upper/middle-class (those who pay the blue collar peeps in America) is what protects the ability of the elite to function in this way. They too are beginning to suffer and loose niceties as the foundation that supports them is doing so less and less, and in turn some of them are losing faith in the political elite. They are the last barrier stubbornly supporting the ideals that they have no hand in. It's happening very slowly and subtly, but the chain reaction is there, people unsure of the cause are demonizing each other and taking sides. Some are still stuck around the same old issues, but as presidents come and go with no change save the ones we don't want, more and more are looking for a way out and the statistics are starting to show. When will we stand up as citizens and demand an immediate change? Will that change be acknowledged and diverted? These people work for US and are required by law to listen to US!

Let us assume for a moment that this revolution in the American people is coming. The tools that are used to cover our eyes are not dissimilar to those used to hide issues related to the extraterrestrial hypothesis, will the American people as a whole call for a complete disclosure of important classified information in order to put a stop to this madness? So, with all that said, lets ask the question:

Assuming the world doesn't go down in flames, is the proverbial day that America converts to that values that it once held the same day we will learn for sure if we are/not alone in the universe? What do you think?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Disclosure will happen. The government is running out of options and very short on time. If they don't do it, extraterrestrials will force it.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Condemned0625

Disclosure will happen. The government is running out of options and very short on time. If they don't do it, extraterrestrials will force it.

Disclosure wont happen. The government knows very little more than you or I do about this subject, so they have very little to disclose. They have no smoking gun, they have no crashed ship, they have plenty of other things they need to be paying attention to besides the myth of alien visitors.

I laugh at the amount of people that think the government would be able to hide something like this for the amount of years they would have had to "hide" it. Obviously, anyone who thinks that they can in fact keep it secret for so long has no idea how the government works, how the military works and/or absolutely no experience in basic human psychology.

But, I realize every "religion" needs an enemy. Someone they can blame for everything, bla, bla, bla. The only real enemy in this subject is the legions of ignorant fools who work very hard to make the rest of us look like complete and total morons. And they do it for free!!!

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

IF, there is ever a "full disclosure" on this subject, it will be when it is in the best interest of the agenda of TPTB to do so. You're not getting anything from them but table scraps until then. And beware when they do make a disclosure, because it will be a mix of lies and truth designed to fit the paradigm they want you to have.

I'm still not sure if I believe the ET thing yet. The jury is still out for me. But I do leave room for the possibility. And I will admit there are some official stories that are flat out BS.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

So you don't think there is a possibility that TPTB will ever be uncovered?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I believe that disclosure will happen. As stated by one of the reviewers, the government is running out of options. Pretty soon, they'll have no choice but to come clean about it. Why do you think WikiLeaks is threatening to release a bunch of info on Area 51, and other Alien related things. The CIA Psy-op, (wikileaks), will release it. The mass media will try to debunk it, but the secret will be out. people will start thinking about aliens, and will have no choice but to believe what WikiLeaks has said. Make sense?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts

I laugh at the amount of people that think the government would be able to hide something like this for the amount of years they would have had to "hide" it.

I agree with IgnoreTheFacts that it seems incredible that bumbling government officials could keep anything like this secret for this amount of time.

However, have they kept it secret? The fact that stories are leaked about possible extraterrestrials and their technologies would indicate the secrets aren't always being kept secret. All that happens is that the source of the leak is either discredited or the story is denied. Discrediting and denial is well within the capability of any government or military establishment.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

Myth? Why call extraterrestrial visitation a myth when there is obviously evidence to support it? What about the Majestic documents and the continuous government denial when asked if they have alien technology in their possession? What about the insiders who got in trouble for leaking classified information and had to run for their lives? What about the leaked NASA videos that show saucers flying by and hovering above our atmosphere, seemingly interested in thunderstorms below them? What about some of the astronauts admitting there are other people out there? What about the obvious secrecy and tight security around bases like Area 51 and S4? Before marking it as a myth, do some research. It is even mathematically impossible for us to be the only civilization in the universe out of trillions of galaxies that have had plenty of time to allow other races to evolve in intelligence and technology.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
A disclosure will happen, they have to carry out their fake alien invasion agenda.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Condemned0625
It is even mathematically impossible for us to be the only civilization in the universe out of trillions of galaxies that have had plenty of time to allow other races to evolve in intelligence and technology.

Well, it's not impossible, but very improbable according to the drake equation and the mere fact that we (Earth life) exist.

I'm getting the feeling no one actually read what I wrote.
edit on 2-1-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by moondoggy2

Yes, that makes sense. I'm fully aware that WikiLeaks is probably a CIA operation. This entire matter is extremely clear and I hate it when skeptical people give excuses, disregarding all of the evidence to support it. I actually was once completely skeptical of the entire subject when I was a christian, then after I became an atheist I realized that there is a preponderance of evidence for extraterrestrials and government cover-ups. Tons of evidence for that, absolutely none for religious claims. At least this matter can be researched and demonstrated.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

An equation doesn't eliminate the possibility nor the probability of other life. Our existence doesn't eliminate it either. The fact that we exist suggests that it is very probable elsewhere in the universe. His equation might be complicated or intelligently devised, but it can't be demonstrated.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

That's basically the same thing I was trying to say. So, uh, I agree? lol

When I said I get the feeling nobody read what I wrote I wasn't necessarily talking about you, sorry if it seemed like that. Just that everyone kind of went off on their own battles and it didn't really have too much to do with my OP.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

"Well, it's not impossible, but very improbable according to the drake equation and the mere fact that we (Earth life) exist."

But you stated that it is improbable according to the drake equation, so how can you agree with me? I'm confused.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77

Originally posted by Condemned0625
It is even mathematically impossible for us to be the only civilization in the universe out of trillions of galaxies that have had plenty of time to allow other races to evolve in intelligence and technology.

Well, it's not impossible, but very improbable according to the drake equation and the mere fact that we (Earth life) exist.

>>It is mathematically improbable for us to be the only civilization in the universe.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

Oh, I see where I misunderstood your statement. That was my error.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

No problem, its an easy misunderstanding and I'm probably confusing at some times as well.

Because of my limited knowledge I still hold the belief that both hypothesis could be correct though, ETs or no ETs. However, there is obviously something there that is being hidden from us, I will say that signs do point to ETs existing and visiting us. I have to accept that they may be fabricated though.

So do you think if there is a social revolution in America it could lead to possible disclosure of what this 'something' is?

This brings up an interesting question, what UFO related stuff was uncovered when the Soviet Union fell and was it looked at with so much skepticism it was disregarded?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
Disclosure wont happen. The government knows very little more than you or I do about this subject, so they have very little to disclose. They have no smoking gun, they have no crashed ship, they have plenty of other things they need to be paying attention to besides the myth of alien visitors.

You don't "know" this, it is just an opinion - an ignorant one - disguised as fact. Yawn.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

Revolutions happen every few hundred years or so and now the time has come for another one. With all the ET phenomena and gradual removal and censorship of our rights by government (for our safety, they claim), it's only a matter of time until people have had enough and decide to try something. I'm not sure exactly what will happen, but revolutions are repeated in history. That's a fact everyone can agree on.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I agree, a revolution in America could possibly yield the truth about ETs, among many other things. Just something I was thinking about and I figured I would ask the members of ATS their opinion on the subject.

Do you think the soldiers guarding places like Area 51 would drop their guns and leave in the event of a revolution? Would the government hold those places after all others have fallen in that scenario? Or would it be a quiet, non-violent revolution and the political officials would be replaced by others more inclined to divulge the truth?

Possibly we will never know or there is actually nothing ET related at places like Area 51. In any case, just a hypothetical question, I don't want to see a violent revolution occur in America.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join