It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gerald Celente: What's in store for 2011

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Gerald Celente: What's in store for 2011

www.infowars.com

What’s in store for the world in 2011? Trends forecaster Gerald Celente of the Trends Research Institute provided his insights on the year ahead. Will the people of the world wake up to a dire economic reality? Will the US dollar or the value of gold prevail? Will hardship-driven crimes be committed across the socioeconomic spectrum by legions of the on-the-edge desperate? Will the “War on Terror” morph into the “War on Crime,” where all Americans are suspects until proven innocent? Will governments try to eliminate free access to the web and literally shut down computers and website
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
This is something to pay close attention to, as Celente is often times right on the money with his predictions.

Police state expansion, exponentially in 2011? More victimization of the many to further enrichen and empower the few? He says that as people lose everything and are faced with no choice but to fight back, that Big Brother will be expanding to crush dissent.

He predicts as the fed continues to print out worthless I.O.U. notes (dollars) at astonishing rates, that gold will become THE sought after currency, and he predicts its value to double to nearly $2,000 per ounce!

He feels that the 'cyber wars' that we have begun seeing are going to escalate on a HUGE level. He says that those looking for work should get into the cyber-field as sleuths, as this will be the upcoming future of where we are headed...

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
You always come up with the good posts DD. I love Gerald Celente and his appearances on Youtube. 2011 will be the year to look forward to!

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Well he wasn't right about the financial collapse(stock market) of 2010, I guess it will happen eventually if he keeps harping about it. I am tending to lean away from Celente, all hat and no cowboy in many cases.

brill
edit on 2-1-2011 by brill because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-1-2011 by brill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by brill

This is true, but it almost darn near did happen, and likely would have if it weren't for the criminals in high places of power propping it up with billions of our tax-dollars.

Thing is, I wonder how much longer this trainwreck of a financial policy can be maintained? How much more trillions of dollars can the counterfeiters keep printing up and giving to the corporations and bankster elitists before the dollar is entirely devalued and collapses in on itself?

Peter Schiff recently was interviewed and also thinks this is going to get REALLY ugly on the financial front in the coming months, due to the lunacy of print-and-spend marathons.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
reply to post by brill

Thing is, I wonder how much longer this trainwreck of a financial policy can be maintained? How much more trillions of dollars can the counterfeiters keep printing up and giving to the corporations and bankster elitists before the dollar is entirely devalued and collapses in on itself?

Peter Schiff recently was interviewed and also thinks this is going to get REALLY ugly on the financial front in the coming months, due to the lunacy of print-and-spend marathons.

QE2 runs till summer 2011, so between now and then they will continue to pump phantom money into the system. After that is anyones guess but talk of QE3 is already happening. Obama is in panic stage now and his administration has kicked it up to full retard. How many members of his economic team jumped the sinking ship last year, I lost track. I can't believe this imbecile has made 2011 the year to address the economy, wasn't that a major campaign issue in 2008? Wow. It's not all his fault of course but what has he accomplished economically....zip. The future is extremely bleak and he knows it but he's to busy playing quasi celebrity star to care. I'm sure his new year resolution for economic improvements got in the way of his weekly golf/basketball game.

brill

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by brill

"and his administration has kicked it up to full retard"

No question, this admin has been every bit as disastrous as the previous one, if not moreso.

In regards to QE 3, just came across this article, which basically states Bernanke and the rest of the counterfeiting fraudsters will have no choice but to invoke it:

www.zerohedge.com...

The issue is that as we have noted previously, the benefit from the fiscal stimulus has already been negated by the jump in oil and other commodity prices, whereby the token weekly paycheck increase has been more than offset by gas price increases, while the monetary stimulus is already priced in, and absent rumors of another episode of QE in advance of the June end of QE2, the temporary stock market strength will quickly turn into weakness. Which leaves us with the hangover effect of federal deficit... and its funding. The chart below presents some interesting observations in this regard, and also makes us wonder just what will happen to risk assets if Bernanke does not leak the announcement of QE3 by May at the very latest.

The one hope that they do bring up to possibly stop this disastrous nonsense is Ron Paul getting the lead in the oversight commitee to reign these folks in. Whether or not he will actually be able to is the question though.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
The man is a False Prophet, he is not Guided by spiritual endeavors; hence his LAUGHABLE prophesying is to be mocked openly! For is it not written;

Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
Matthew 7:15

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

What did he predict about 2010 that was right?

Anything?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Anything?

2010 was not a banner year for Celente, but cut the man some slack: He predicted the 1987 stock market plunge, the fall of Communism, the dotcom bubble burst, and the real estate bubble burst precisely to the year in each case. I know, I know, "what have you done for me lately."

However, I do sympathise with those who feel a bit of a letdown in Celente. He is starting to repeat himself and needs a new tune. It was fun hearing "when people have nothing to lose, they lose it," the first ten thousand times, but after that it gets a little tedious. Nevertheless, here he offers up a bit more substance than has been common of late. I particularly like his idea of a generation war...its something I don't hear talked about too much but which makes a certain amount of intuitive sense. Maybe his doom won't arrive in 2011, but he is certainly pointing in the right general direction.
edit on 1/2/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder

Anything?

2010 was not a banner year for Celente, but cut the man some slack: He predicted the 1987 stock market plunge, the fall of Communism, the dotcom bubble burst, and the real estate bubble burst precisely to the year in each case. I know, I know, "what have you done for me lately."

So he's captain obvious? Other than the 87 correction, anyone could see the fall of communism, the dot com bubble and the real estate bubble... All you had to do was be aware and involved...

However, I do sympathise with those who feel a bit of a letdown in Celente.

I could never sympathize those who feel let down by a prophet of doom.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

So he's captain obvious? Other than the 87 correction, anyone could see the fall of communism, the dot com bubble and the real estate bubble... All you had to do was be aware and involved...

True, lots of people predicted these events would eventually happen.You know what they say on Wall Street, though: "Being early is the same thing as being wrong." It's all about timing. During the dotcom bubble, for example, I started to think a crash would come in about 1996, so I sat out the tech stock boom. I never would have dreamed the madness would go on another four years. I was early, so I was wrong, even though the crash I expected eventually showed up.

I can't think of any other pundit besides Celenta that has called all four of the pivotal changes mentioned to the correct year, however. Celante was not early (nor late, for that matter), and he was not wrong.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

But was he right about anything in 2010? Or is he a has been?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

If I may quote Rumsfeld in light of this particular debate over Celente, "I would not say that the future is necessarily less predictable than the past. I think the past was not predictable when it started..."

My point is this, if all things were equal and the markets weren't propped up like DimensionalDetective
and brill mentioned, Celente probably would have been right about a financial collapse. So it seems a bit disingenious to question the guy as a 'has been' when there were variables that came into play which he could not have foreseen.

At the least, Celente seems to be pointing out issues we should be paying attention to and following. The market collapse should have happened last year but obviously it wasn't in anyone's interest to allow that to happen, at least not yet, so TPTB stopped it from happening. So for me, Celente is good for pointing out major trends that are worth following because they are things that no one wants to happen. By following these trends and then tracking down the out of the blue factors that stop them from happening is a good way to see who is behind the scenes working their 'magic'.

Call it reverse engineering of a sort. It makes it easier to see what's coming down the pike later on.

Maybe the better Rumsfeld quote in this situation would be, "...because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns; the ones we don't know we don't know."

- mike
edit on 2-1-2011 by subversivemike because: spelling and to add a couple of smileys for levity.

edit on 3-1-2011 by subversivemike because: the addition of DimensionalDetective's name in the post.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by subversivemike

As my dad used to say..

IF the rabbit didn't stop to take a dump, the dog wouldn't have killed him.

The man is either right at predictions or not. If he can't see mitigating factors last year, what good are his predictions this year?

edit on 3-1-2011 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-1-2011 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
No one's mentioning the "Mystery Trend"?

Space aliens?

Hint:

"Know the hand that feeds you."

That was the most interesting part for me.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLaughingGod

I'm curious about this one as well. Is it dealing with food? Monsanto? GMO?

Could deal with the fact that Russia clamped off its wheat exports and ours were down as well?

Or maybe its not about food at all and it could deal with China, as they "feed" us all sort of material goods and buy our debt.

- mike

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by subversivemike

Very good guesses.

I am also wondering what he could be refering to.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLaughingGod
No one's mentioning the "Mystery Trend"?

Space aliens?

Hint:

"Know the hand that feeds you."

That was the most interesting part for me.

Sounds like local farming.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by NahumTheCelestial

Who said he was a prophet?
The guy is simply sharing his opinion of the year to come.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join