It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Predictive Dreams (Some verified)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

Yeah, I think you responded to his/her post just as effectively as I did and in fewer words. Let's leave the christian to figure it out on his/her own if he/she doesn't understand the logical fallacies that are presented in his/her argument.
edit on 1/31/2011 by Condemned0625 because: Grammar

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Condemned0625

Predictions have a number of characteristics, some of which make them credible, but likely to fail, and some of them make them not credible, but less likely to fail. If a prediction is geographically vague ("An earthquake will happen next week!"), or temporally vague ("A disaster in 2011 will kill thousands in China") or has a pointless timeframe ("In 2056, the Earth will be invaded by aliens!") they are useless as predictions, because anyone can make them, and they mean nothing.

To your credit, your OP included a very specific prediction (along with a lot of the aforementioned vague stuff). Also to your credit, you didn't come round and claim that the airport bombing in Moscow was what you really meant. But now you've come round and turned your useful, specific prediction into a useless, generic one, simply because time ran out.

Now you've claimed that this is merely a correction, but you haven't pointed out what needed to be corrected, why you made the mistake in the first place, why you didn't notice until a couple of days ago, and why a vague prediction has any value at all, apart from moving the date at which this will be shown to be false so far into the future that no one will remember it.

That's why it's a failure, though I will happily return and apologize for my valuation, if circumstances merit it.

Personal slights aside, since this discussion has nothing to do with belief or disbelief in deities, the notion that someone can have a dream that predicts the future either assumes that time is bidirectional (on a macro level) or that supernatural beings which are temporally bidirectional and able to manifest themselves in people's dreams exist, neither of which there seems to be much "hard evidence" of. Which of these two theories are you in favour of, and what's your basis for believing it?
edit on 31-1-2011 by adjensen because: oopsies

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Also to your credit, you didn't come round and claim that the airport bombing in Moscow was what you really meant.

Was there any need to? I should clear something up since you've failed to acknowledge it (at least that's what it seems to me): These are my girlfriend's dreams and I made a mistake in the interpretation of ONE dream.

Now you've claimed that this is merely a correction, but you haven't pointed out what needed to be corrected, why you made the mistake in the first place, why you didn't notice until a couple of days ago, and why a vague prediction has any value at all, apart from moving the date at which this will be shown to be false so far into the future that no one will remember it.

I never pointed out what needed to be corrected? I have no idea how many times I've reposted this, but I'll just do it again and again until you actually retain it:

I need to clear something up about the January prediction. I misinterpreted her description of the dream. I thought she was saying that London would be bombed this month, but she pointed out that I misunderstood her when she described her dream. Her dream specifically predicted the rise in security level in the UK due to terrorist threats (which actually happened, by the way). The bombing can happen at any time this year. I'm not trying to change this prediction to keep it from failing or looking ridiculous. I am simply correcting the error of misinterpretation because I am at fault for assuming that she meant what I thought she meant. However, the rest of the information remains as it is and is as accurately described as possible unless more details are provided in the future.

I did point out what needed to be corrected and I corrected it. If you don't see a correction anywhere, it's time for you to pack your school supplies and revisit an English class.

Which of these two theories are you in favour of, and what's your basis for believing it?

Well, I could have sworn that I specifically stated that I do not claim with absolute certainty that any of the predictive dreams will be true. I also specifically stated that I personally witnessed fulfillment of some of her dreams right before my very eyes. Yeah, I can't prove it, but you weren't here when it happened, so don't play the "You're making it up!" bull#.

But now you've come round and turned your useful, specific prediction into a useless, generic one, simply because time ran out.

The same damn accusation, almost every damn time you press that enter key to form a new paragraph that usually just ends up being that same damn accusation, over and over. Either you're not reading everything I've quoted or you just don't care and you've decided to blow it off simply because it seems to you that I'm "lying" or "changing the information in an attempt to avoid failure", despite the fact that I already cleared that up several posts ago and quoted it all several times, only for you to fail to understand it, putting you at fault for wasting my time posting all the damn quotes because I hoped you would be able to comprehend it. I guess I hoped for too much, right?

Don't worry, I will no longer expect you to understand any of this. After all, you're a "fan" of evidence and reasoning...while accepting bull# mythological stories from a severely altered copy of an ancient text among many others that make claims that are just as absurd. I didn't know that you could be a supporter of evidence and reasoning and believe an evidentially unsupported concept (bible) at the same time. Thanks for clearing that up. Why aren't you this skeptical of your own belief system? You should try it.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Moderators, don't close my thread. I'm trying to keep this on topic, but there's people like this guy (adjensen) who feel such a strong desire to throw the entire thing off topic simply because they believe I'm intentionally "lying". I already explained the inaccuracy of such a statement in the original post, but for some reason certain people just don't get it. If one of you close my thread, it's not my fault. Whoever is last to take this thread off topic with retarded blabbering before it is closed, that person is at fault for its closure. Now it's time for me to restore the topic with my next post of her dreams...again.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Condemned0625
I never pointed out what needed to be corrected? I have no idea how many times I've reposted this, but I'll just do it again and again until you actually retain it:

Her dream specifically predicted the rise in security level in the UK due to terrorist threats (which actually happened, by the way).

I did point out what needed to be corrected and I corrected it. If you don't see a correction anywhere, it's time for you to pack your school supplies and revisit an English class.

I snipped out the relevant thing there, hope that you don't get too cross. The remainder of your quote was just your explanation.

What does that say about the Russians bombing Big Ben because of the arrest of Julian Assange? It says "Her dream specifically predicted the rise in security level in the UK due to terrorist threats", which is a bland generalization, nothing specific at all.

If you took "Her dream specifically predicted the rise in security level in the UK due to terrorist threats" and produced "The Russians will blow up Big Ben in January of 2011", you've a fine imagination, but I'd say that you're in need of a retraction, more than a correction.

Now, I'm sure that you'll get all whiney and complain that you didn't say that, and you don't answer to me, and so on, so have at it.

Which of these two theories are you in favour of, and what's your basis for believing it?

Well, I could have sworn that I specifically stated that I do not claim with absolute certainty that any of the predictive dreams will be true. I also specifically stated that I personally witnessed fulfillment of some of her dreams right before my very eyes. Yeah, I can't prove it, but you weren't here when it happened, so don't play the "You're making it up!" bull#.

Well, what's your explanation for it? I don't really care whether you endorse it or not, but you're testifying that she's able to see the future, which, scientifically, seems impossible. The reasonable explanation that a skeptic like yourself would promote would be that she just says a bunch of stuff and you only notice the things that seem to happen, because they're vague enough to be fulfilled, but I don't see you claiming that.

Moderators, don't close my thread. I'm trying to keep this on topic, but there's people like this guy (adjensen) who feel such a strong desire to throw the entire thing off topic simply because they believe I'm intentionally "lying".

First, I never said that you were lying, I said that you were invalidating your prediction by making it vague when it didn't come to pass. Secondly, criticism of you or your "predictions" is hardly off-topic -- this is not a soapbox where you say what you like and cannot be criticized for it. If you can't "nut up" and deal, in an intelligent manner, with people who question your claims, you probably shouldn't be making claims.

Threads such as yours are not closed because of criticism. They might be moved to the "hoax" forum if nothing comes to pass, but I haven't seen this happen to a prediction, and I would never suggest it anyway. Failed predictions belong in the predictions forum, as testimony to the futility of it, if nothing else.
edit on 31-1-2011 by adjensen because: oopsies

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

"Her dream specifically predicted the rise in security level in the UK due to terrorist threats"

That is the correction I made because it is the original information provided from HER (not me) in order to correct it. You still cannot prove that I was "moving the goal posts", so to speak. You think you can justifiably criticize me just because my correction was coincidentally near the end of the month or for whatever reason you have? Get the hell out of here with that bull#.

First, I never said that you were lying, I said that you were invalidating your prediction by making it vague when it didn't come to pass. Secondly, criticism of you or your "predictions" is hardly off-topic -- this is not a soapbox where you say what you like and cannot be criticized for it. If you can't "nut up" and deal, in an intelligent manner, with people who question your claims, you probably shouldn't be making claims.

Threads such as yours are not closed because of criticism. They might be moved to the "hoax" forum if nothing comes to pass, but I haven't seen this happen to a prediction, and I would never suggest it anyway. Failed predictions belong in the predictions forum, as testimony to the futility of it, if nothing else.

Then what are you implying if it's not about me lying? I never "made it vague" when it didn't happen. The whole thing was a misunderstanding on my part in the first place, therefore it wasn't going to happen this month at all. Did you even read the excerpt I quoted several times? I'm not making claims. I'm repeating information that I obtain from her that she obtains from her precognitive dreams. I'll quote that excerpt AGAIN but with more emphasis on certain parts.

I need to clear something up about the January prediction. I misinterpreted her description of the dream. I thought she was saying that London would be bombed this month, but she pointed out that I misunderstood her when she described her dream. Her dream specifically predicted the rise in security level in the UK due to terrorist threats (which actually happened, by the way). The bombing can happen at any time this year. I'm not trying to change this prediction to keep it from failing or looking ridiculous. I am simply correcting the error of misinterpretation because I am at fault for assuming that she meant what I thought she meant. However, the rest of the information remains as it is and is as accurately described as possible unless more details are provided in the future.

If you don't get it this time, get off my thread. You're ruining this thread and you're wasting my time with your belief-inspired accusations that have no basis on evidence. Were you here at my house to witness her telling me all of this? No, you weren't, but that doesn't mean "my" prediction is "invalidated". I'm hoping you noticed the bold emphasis on the words 'her' and 'she'. Stop skipping and start reading.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

"Her dream specifically predicted the rise in security level in the UK due to terrorist threats"

That is the correction I made because it is the original information provided from HER (not me) in order to correct it.

WHAT ARE YOU CORRECTING???

Here is your original claim:

Big Ben clock in London bombed by Russian military in January, 2011. The reason for the attack might be from their anger towards the U.K. and U.S. for arresting Julian Assange, founder of WikiLeaks

and here is your "correction":

I need to clear something up about the January prediction. I misinterpreted her description of the dream. I thought she was saying that London would be bombed this month, but she pointed out that I misunderstood her when she described her dream. Her dream specifically predicted the rise in security level in the UK due to terrorist threats (which actually happened, by the way). The bombing can happen at any time this year.

Did she dream about Big Ben, the Russians, Julian Assange and all that specific stuff, or did she dream about increased security levels in the UK? You said one thing in the original post, another in your 26 January correction. So what was the mistake that you are correcting, how did you notice it, and why did you wait until the end of the month to do so?

If her dream had nothing to do with Big Ben and Wikileaks, then your "The bombing can happen at any time this year" means absolutely nothing -- what she claimed, increased security in the UK, has already come to pass (though it's one of those "there will be an earthquake in China" kinds of predictions.)

Then what are you implying if it's not about me lying? I never "made it vague" when it didn't happen.

Did it happen? No. Did you take a specific claim and turn it into a vague claim? Yes. How is that so hard to understand, and why do you insist that it is an accusation of lying? Are you accused of lying a lot?

If you don't get it this time, get off my thread. You're ruining this thread and you're wasting my time with your belief-inspired accusations that have no basis on evidence.

This thread represents itself, it has no need of being "ruined" by anyone else. "Belief-inspired accusations"? What on Earth are you talking about? You're the one who is making claims of supernatural ability, with no evidence, all promoted by your belief that there is something of value in it.

Are you this hyper sensitive to criticism in real life?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I gave you the benefit of the doubt after you derailed another members topic entirely. However I would like to be among the first to say that January is over and the Russian have not bombed Big Ben.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by JewelFlip

I already cleared that up in an earlier post many times. Did you even bother to read it? Don't make the same mistakes like the christian idiot did. This thread is done because I'm sick of the ignorance, especially from these christian assholes who decide to come in and # it all up. Now that I'm frustrated, some moderator might ban me just because I used a few "bad words". Whatever. Moderators, just close this thread. If one of you are going to ban me too, then fine. I don't deserve it, but whatever. Not my fault.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I'd just like to state that while it's true we can't have any evidence of these dreams, how an you say they're not real predictions or rando junk? Are any of you experiencing these for yourselves? If you were and you decided to start a thread about it then how frustrated would you get at people telling you it was all false, there was no evidence, you're "moving the goal posts" after misinterpreting?

That's all it is, interpretaion. Get it slightly off key, even slightly, and you're screwed until you get confirmation at the real vision. Condemned is doing a fine job so far considering he's a go between and so what, he misinterpreted one measly thing and he has to spend several pages stating the same thing over and over for people who seem unable to read and understand what he said already?

If you hadn't noticed, this is the DREAMS & PREDICTIONS section of the forums, if you want evidence and wann be insulting because you're not experiencing the same dreams then why are you even coming to this section of the forums if it's something you don't agree with?

Now Condemned, I think you've been doing a stand up job so far and if this thread has to close then may I be the first to apologise to you for this whole thing being derailed and also if you and your girlfriend wish to, I'm open to receiving U2Us from you with any further dreams should you feel me worthy enough to share them with.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

I tried to explain and you failed again for the third or fourth time. I guarantee you that you'll do the same thing again for the fifth time once you respond to this. Thanks for causing me to waste my time pointlessly explaining everything to you. All you've done is blindly denying everything and completely dismissing it for no good reason

I'm not sure what time you've wasted, since you've explained nothing, apart from claiming that you made a mistake which is either grand or minor, as you've said both. Mostly what you've really done is display a lot of irrational anger with people who ask for clarifications, or whom you infer are insulting you.

I never dismissed any of it, aside from the "January 2011 Big Ben" thing, which clearly did not happen. You dismissed that, as well, by saying that this wasn't what was meant, so we're in agreement on that matter.

Rather, I just asked you what your scientific basis was for accepting these claims, and you've yet to even address that question. You belittle any person of faith, and yet if you have no basis for this, you're not only accepting supernatural claims on faith alone, you're demanding that everyone else have faith as well.

You have some very significant unresolved anger issues, particularly with anyone who doesn't agree with you completely. I would recommend seeing a counsellor. Seriously, that's not said with any judgement, but you seem to be on a path that isn't leading to a good place. Whatever is driving you isn't going to go away on its own.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

You are very annoying and I find your repeated banter nothing but an attempt at condemnation; yet, you claim to be so "Christian". Yeah, you got it down, you know exactly how to grab a hold of something and irritate it to the point of festering. Need I call you a leach? No, because leaches have a beneficial quality about them. You are just an annoying soul that hasn't learned not to Judge. You are fool-hearty to believe that your calling is to "condemn", it is your condemnation that is in question.

Lead yourself out of the thread by saying this, "forgive me of my trespasses!", because clearly if you reread all of your repeated garbage of wanting to "disprove" something, you have only caused yourself to open your heart to something ugly, and it shows.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Condemned0625

You are that Aol dude that predicted all hell to break loose on Jan 24th. Then when nothing happened you abandoned the thread. Why the name change?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

What is ugly is a poster leading a lot of gulible readers on. If this poster is credible why the name change? Why the new thread? Why did he abandon the original while being online?

Friend, you are defending the wrong person here.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greensage
Need I call you a leach? No, because leaches have a beneficial quality about them. You are just an annoying soul that hasn't learned not to Judge. You are fool-hearty to believe that your calling is to "condemn", it is your condemnation that is in question.

Oh, please. Nothing that I have said is judgmental, apart from the pretty obvious observation that this person has some very clear anger issues. I've simply asked what his basis is for believing these claims -- since he is an avowed skeptic, I find it odd that he'd do so on faith, so I'd like to know what his scientific reason might be.

The resulting discussion could potentially have a significantly "beneficial quality", I would say. Unfortunately, he doesn't seem interested in replying to that query, so I guess that we'll never know.

I did not come into this thread as a "Christian", and my criticism is not based on that, so give the name calling a rest. Maybe I don't fit your mould of what a Christian doormat is supposed to be, but calling me such in order to stifle criticism is uncalled for.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

You are annoying, you said what you had to say, you didn't get a response as you like and so you are continuing your annoying behavior until you exhaust yourself or this thread. This is your clear intent.

Yes, I was being judgmental too, and I will pay for it in my own way, but at least I am not annoying and if I do not like a thread you should simply leave it alone. Besides, these are dreams we are talking about and what ever you care to realize dreams often do come true; your intent is not about that but about disproving something. Annoying, we can read your disbelief in the OP, we can see that this subject is not "beneficial" to you until you get what you want, to disprove someone because they cannot see it as you do! You should go start a thread rather than destroy a thread, that would be beneficial.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Ikema

AOL dude? I haven't used AOL in 10 years. You have the wrong guy.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I'm not the only one with "issues". You clearly have quite a bad problem, slipping judgement into a place where it is not needed. You're the one who pissed me off with your persistent bull#. I've explained things to you that are extremely simple, yet you fail to comprehend it over and over to the point that it looks ridiculous. Yeah, you wasted my time, you ruined my thread, you skimmed through all the details without even trying to understand them (typical behavior from a guy like you) and you persist even after I requested the closure of this thread. Are you that desperate to make your point? I already invalidated your point several times, so it's completely useless. Yeah, I hate christians and I'm proud to hate them. I have a whole family of those idiots and most of them do exactly what you did.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

I can send you more information through U2U if you like. I'm just done with creating threads about it because all it takes is for me to make one simple mistake and people go nuts over it, accusing me of spreading disinformation and "moving the goal posts". I hate that damn phrase. I know she has the ability to foresee the future in her dreams because I've seen it happen. She predicted the divorce of my parents within a year and they divorced a year later. I've known them my entire life and I didn't even think they would divorce. She already feels bad ahead of time when she knows something won't work later on, then that certain thing ends up failing like she said. I still have no idea how it is even possible and sometimes the skeptical side of me says it's nonsense, but she proves that side of me wrong every time. There must be a scientific explanation for it that has not yet been discovered and that's what I have been researching for.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join