It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel preparing for 'large scale war: cable

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Israel preparing for 'large scale war: cable

ca.news.yahoo.com

Israel's army chief told a US Congress delegation in late 2009 he was preparing for a large war in the Middle East, probably against Hamas or Hezbollah, leaked US diplomatic cables showed on Sunday.

"I am preparing the Israeli army for a large scale war, since it is easier to scale down to a smaller operation than to do the opposite," Lieutenant General Gabi Ashkenazi was quoted as saying in a cable from the US embassy in Tel Aviv.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
When aren't they preparing for war? A nation under constant threat should certainly be prepared for a large out-break at any given time.

The article mentions that they are preparing for large scale war "probably" against Hamas or Hezzbollah.. I would assume with the mass deployment of gas masks, hundreds of millions of dollars in jet fuel, extra steps to activate Iron Dome asap, etc... one would assume it's Iran the are waiting to attack.

Either way.. No news here, but I figured I'd mention some Israeli wiki-leaks articles... which haven't been in the public eye yet.

ca.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
God Bless Israel, here's hoping the brave men and women pull through whatever the Cult of Islam throws at her.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Constantlysilenced

Deception lurks within the shadows my friend. And yes, you are entitled to your beliefs.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Like it or not, Israel will survive any kind of outbreak of War, it is written in the Bible. God gave them (Jews) the land and again, it's all fully documented etc.

On to a more normal note now, it's about bloody time that things kicked off and got sorted out over there.

Iran has for many years now constantly defied and and ignored UN Resolutions to stop any kind of Nuclear work and they recently said they can now make their own Yellow Cake, everything needed for Nukes.

Israel is constantly getting missiles lobbed at it from the complete Muppets in Gaza and Lebanon. One day soon they're going to get their butts kicked really hard to teach them a lesson.

So, yes, it needs to be sorted just like the other Muppets in North Korea.

Then, finally, we might be able to have some peace and quiet?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I remember hearing news about this endless war during all my life, Israel and the arabs are fighting since biblical times and I got tired of both of them. After about 2000 years of war without any conclusion, I find them totally lost in a deep sea of blood.

On a second thought, I wouln't consider this a war, since usually someone is wrong and someone is right in a war, regardless who wins. In this case, both are wrong.

On top of that, both sides try to convince the rest of the world they are "good guys" and they claim they do this in the name of God. That makes me sick.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkey53
Like it or not, Israel will survive any kind of outbreak of War, it is written in the Bible. God gave them (Jews) the land and again, it's all fully documented etc.

On to a more normal note now, it's about bloody time that things kicked off and got sorted out over there.

Iran has for many years now constantly defied and and ignored UN Resolutions to stop any kind of Nuclear work and they recently said they can now make their own Yellow Cake, everything needed for Nukes.

Israel is constantly getting missiles lobbed at it from the complete Muppets in Gaza and Lebanon. One day soon they're going to get their butts kicked really hard to teach them a lesson.

So, yes, it needs to be sorted just like the other Muppets in North Korea.

Sometimes I think people who speak like you are trolling. Have you ever noted that Israel refused to allow any inspections into their nuclear facilities? Do you know that Israel has over 200 nukes despite living in a highly dangerous area where a very intelligent terrorist could find a way to get to one of those nukes? Do you know that Israel has also defied the U.N.? Why would you put trust in Israel to have nukes and not any other Middle Eastern country?

How many times do we have to hear about the rockets and missiles? Where is your evident of this? It is amazing how a single rocket gets a loud uproar of support but Palestinians being mistreated and discriminated against gets no support at all. What about the apartheid that Palestinians are going through?

Are we forgetting that Israel has the 11th most advanced military in the world? Palestinians don't have jack. Who is the bully here?

Iran should go on with their nuclear facility. Screw the Western world like North Korea did. Iran will NOT use nukes against Israel knowing that the U.S., NATO, and Israel (if they are man enough to help) will bomb the [bleep] out of Iran and NO ONE government in the West will call foul.

The truth of the matter is that Israel is afraid that Iran's powerful influence will increase if given nukes. It has nothing to do with attacking Israel because NO ONE is that stupid.

Peace and quiet? Israel will simply pick on another foe in the Middle East and demand your support again. This so-called "Middle-east crisis" is complete bull.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

I would not base the outcome of this situation according to a make believe book that was written thousands of years ago

I hope for the good of all the people of that region that war does not break out, but if it does it will not be as easy as everyone makes it sound.

Iran claims to have acquired four S-300 surface-to-air missile systems through Belarus and Venezuela. If this is true it changes everything and the only way for Israel or the USA to strike Iran without suffering major losses would be a nuclear strike which I do not think China or Russia will be too happy about with all their interests in the region.

huffington post

TEHRAN, Iran — Iran has obtained four S-300 surface-to-air missile systems despite Russia's refusal to deliver them to Tehran under a valid contract, a semiofficial Iranian news agency claimed Wednesday. The Fars news agency, which has ties to the country's most powerful military force, the Revolutionary Guard, said Iran received two S-300s from Belarus and two others from another unspecified source. Fars didn't elaborate, and there was no official confirmation of the report. Russia signed a 2007 contract to sell the S-300s, but so far has not delivered. The sophisticated anti-aircraft missiles would significantly boost Iran's ability to defend against air strikes and Israel and the United States have strongly objected to the deal. A spokesman for Belarus' state military trade committee, however, denied there were any missile deliveries. "Talks with the Iranian side about the delivery of such systems have not taken place and, consequently, no deliveries to Iran have taken place, neither of these systems or elements of them," said Vladimir Lavrenyuk. "The Belarusian side strictly observes all international agreements on export control." The S-300 is capable of shooting down aircraft, cruise missiles and ballistic missile warheads at ranges of over 90 miles (144 kilometers) and at altitudes of about 90,000 feet (27,432 meters). The report comes as Iran faces increasing pressure from the West over its nuclear program. The U.S. accuses Tehran of seeking to build an atomic weapon, a claim Iran denies. The United Nations has imposed four rounds of financial sanctions on Tehran for its refusal to halt uranium enrichment, a process that can be used to produce fuel for a reactor or a warhead. Iran says it has a right to conduct enrichment for what it says is its peaceful nuclear program. Moscow said in June that the latest round of U.N. sanctions would prevent it from delivering the S-300s to Iran. The U.S. State Department said that Washington appreciates Russia's restraint.

Israel is clearly the aggressor here and this is just more saber rattling on their behalf. It is a shame they are too stupid to realize how idiotic their strategy for diplomacy in the region is. The more they try and portray other countries as part of "the axis of evil" the more they look like the cornered wounded dogs that they are.
edit on 2-1-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: fix link

edit on 2-1-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: spelling

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Oooh crap.
Regardless of the necessity, it doesn't look good. Obama is no friend of Israel and they may feel even more cornered now.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

It is also fully documented that snowwhite lived with seven dwarfs and that every princess will eventually live happily ever after....

If you believe in fairytales you might aswell include a couple more imo.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Um no, the US and UK gave them Israel... Not some fairy named god. The bible was re-written in the first centuries after a really good magician/con artist roamed that part of the world. BTW the Jews had this guy killed... (I guess we'll call that the 1st aggressive/act of violence in that piece of land...)

Israel has the most condemnations in the world from the UN concerning illegal acts they have committed in regards to a zillion treaties. They have ignored every single one considering them anti-semetic rhetoric.

The Palestinians are fighting to have their rights. They have been systematically pushed back into smaller and smaller territories and excluded from many basic rights which the UN keeps "talking" about but doing nothing.

North Korea is fed up of being told to do things so they are defending their sovereignty from the tyrannical US government, plain and simple.

Peace and quiet will never come as long as we have corporate warlords as our leaders... And I mean the western leaders...

Magnum

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

The fact that you quote or use the bible as a reference is laughable at best and severely limits any further discussion.

Same ol story. A nation that doesn't even have the balls to admit to their own nuclear program yet openly chastises other nations, hypocracy at its best. israel is like a whiny little brat, needs a good slap upside the head and a kick in the ass so it can see straight.

Only once israel is removed.

brill

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
To the OP.

This is normal procedure for any country. Every country has contingency plans for almost everything... Probably including : "President stubs toe on oval office desk"... Protocol : "Bring in Mrs. Obama to kiss it better"...

Jokes aside, it's normal for them to prepare for war, there is so much crap going on over there (for nothing I must add) that war is definitely in the realm of possibilities.

Magnum

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Well it is not JEWS preparing for war now is it....It is the State of Rothschild....It is the filty Rich bankers waging War...and if people talk to orthodox jews they would realize that the they are not ones who believe it is about a Jewish homeland...that God promised them...The State of Rothschild was a form After the second world war at the behest of the Bankers.
Why on earth are people still blind to the true goals of the Zionists and the movement towrds expanding The State of rothschilds borders futher into the Middle east.

Israel is the Rothschilds’ Hexagram State
Israel is the Rothschilds’ Hexagram State Lord Rothschild in his book The Shadow of a Great Man quotes a letter sent from Davidson on June 24, 1814 to Nathan Rothschild: “As long as a house is like yours, and as long as you work together with your brothers, not a house in the World will be able to compete with you, to cause you harm or to take advantage of you, for together you can undertake and perform more than any house in the World." The closeness of the Rothschild brothers is seen in a letter from Saloman (Salmon) Rothschild to his brother Nathan on Feb. 28, 1815, "We are like the mechanism of a watch: each part is essential.“ This closeness is further seen in that of the 18 marriages made by Mayer Amschel Rothschild’s grandchildren 16 were contracted between first cousins. The Knesset and the Israeli Supreme Court (front cover of this book, a totally Masonic design) were designed and paid for by the Rothschilds. One of the Rothschilds in his will left money for ongoing building projects in Israel, and the Rothschilds are honored with a Street named after them in Jerusalem. Don’t be fooled by appearances!!! Israel is the Illuminati’s Rothschild state and its flag carries the symbol of the House of Rothschild (not of Judaism), i.e. the Hexagram which is known as the Star of Moloch in Babylonian Masonic idolatry.

source

Now that should wake a few people up to what is going on...Of course they are preparing for all out war and have been for years...cause as was mentioned in the bible the fight will come to their doorstep...brought on by the Zionists.

now how does the Rothschild money to this day and before come into play...this is just a tip of the funds funneled in from the Rothschilds.

Long before the establishment of the state, Baron Edmond de Rothschild was buying land in Eretz Israel, and without his help, places such as Rishon Lezion would not exist. James Rothschild financed the construction of the Knesset and Dorothy de Rothschild donated the building that houses the Supreme Court.

source

so does Isreal have the tech and the weapons....Well they certainly have a Army for hire in he US..

Israel is widely believed to be the sixth country in the world to have developed nuclear weapons and to be one of four nuclear-armed countries not recognized as a Nuclear Weapons State by the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT), the others being India, Pakistan and North Korea.Former International Atomic Energy Agency Director General Mohamed ElBaradei regarded Israel as a state possessing nuclear weapons,but Israel maintains a policy known as “nuclear ambiguity” (also known as “nuclear opacity”). Israel has never officially admitted to having nuclear weapons, instead repeating over the years that it would not be the first country to “introduce” nuclear weapons to the Middle East, leaving ambiguous whether it means it will not create, will not disclose, or will not make first use of the weapons. Israel has refused to sign the NPT despite international pressure to do so, and has stated that signing the NPT would be contrary to its national security interests.
Israel started investigating the nuclear field soon after its founding in 1948 and with French support secretly began building a nuclear reactor and reprocessing plant in the late 1950s. Although Israel first built a nuclear weapon in the late 1960s, it was not publicly confirmed from the inside until Mordechai Vanunu, a former Israeli nuclear technician, revealed details of the program to the British press in 1986. Israel is currently believed to possess between 75 and 400 nuclear warheads with the ability to deliver them by intercontinental ballistic missile, aircraft, and submarine

source

Now of course this is all just speculation and left for whomever wishes to believe it....there are many threads concerning The State of Rothschild....and i am sure there will be many many more.
When the time cmes though to choose what to do and who's side to settle with that is something else....
I think myself there is going to be a messy one coming soon....starting this year....but that is just a guess on my part....
But i also believe the Rothschilds backed 9/11 False Flag Op.....but that too can be read about in a thread i have done on the matter.
The world is a chess board and the pawns have been put into place the rooks are on gaurd...the Bishops have been maneuvered now it is time for the Kings and queens tostart the Attack.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Yep.. Right on schedule.. The usual isreali sob story to the u.s congress to take more of the american taxpayers hard earned money so that isreal can merrily continue to commit genocide and crimes against humanity...

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Great...Another war we will be dragged into since we side with Israel on everything. On the other hand, these extremists Muslims need to be taken out so as long as it accomplishes that bring it on.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by chimaybliss
Great...Another war we will be dragged into since we side with Israel on everything. On the other hand, these extremists Muslims need to be taken out so as long as it accomplishes that bring it on.

Get the Beers in bud and we can sit back to watch the next Shock & Awe campaign!

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

If I were doing as israel has done I would also say God gave them the land. remember the bible was written by man and by mans image. anyone can say God told them this or that, do we honestly think God would forsake the palistine for the sake of israelis who have deeemed themselves gods chosen people? Well I the christian say God told me christians are gods chosen people. and the muslim will tell you allah told them they are the chosen people, come on get real

new topics

top topics

join