It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Passengers tell TSA: Keep your hands off my religious beliefs

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkey53
Everybody be honest now OK!

Would you rather go through a Body Scanner, maybe let some perv have his 2 minute laughter and fix and fly safely.

Knowing that everybody has been checked and there are no bombs on board!

OR

Would you want skip the scanner, to risk flying with the thought always in the back of your mind that you may not get to your destination?

I reckon most people would go for option A.

So to all you scaremongers, Alex Jones fanatics and TSA haters out there.

Do you really want to die or live a lot longer?

At the end of the day, that's the choice we have in today's World, like it or not!

That is pathetic. There's no guarantee I'll make it back from taking a shower or going to McDonalds, so should I cower in fear that some terrorist has poisoned the water, or my Big Mac?

These methods have stopped ZERO terrorists. The shoe bomber, the underwear bomber were stopped by citizens, not security.

All these machines do is make people complacent with false security when they SHOULD be alert.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ilovecatbinlady
What the Hell does it matter what the is religion of a complainer ?

That was my question. Perhaps you missunderstood my post?

Do you expect people to lump it just because they are muslims. Your comment is probably one of the most ludicrous one I have seen on ATS.
edit on 2-1-2011 by Ilovecatbinlady because: (no reason given)

I am not at all sure what you mean. I do not understand why anyone that dislikes the TSA would complain that any other group does not also have the right to dislike the TSA just because they are Muslim.

What did I say that was so ludicrous? I think the idea that everyone BUT MUSLIMS have the right to complain or protest the TSA is ludicrous. What does it matter what religion the complainer is?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Ilovecatbinlady

Btw, starred and flagged!

Second Line

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

My mistake.

Sorry.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

The so called feud between 'Protestants' and 'Catholics' has absolutely nothing to do with religion. It is about where you come from - about your roots and about English domination.

As far as these scanners go it is the doses of radiation that concern me. I refuse to go through them and if that means I stay in Ireland then that is how it has to be.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
On topic, would you rather people be thoroughly searched for weapons or bombs, or would you rather someone sneak one and board and kill a load of people?
edit on 2/1/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

Since when are those the only two options? Those scanners are easily beatable and I can prove it. They will only catch a really stupid terrorist. TSA must certainly know this so that leaves profit as the major motive. Profit for the guys who make scanners and nothing else.

Security "theater" is all they are.... But the ignorant claim they keep us safe. Believe me when I say that TSA is hoping we all stay ignorant.

Sheesh.
edit on 2-1-2011 by trailertrash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
As far as these scanners go it is the doses of radiation that concern me. I refuse to go through them and if that means I stay in Ireland then that is how it has to be.

You are correct. The medical word is this: The scanners only use low power and the penetration of the body by xrays is slight but, almost all of that which is emitted is concentrated in just the skin. The thought is that because of the uneven distribution of xray power there may well be an average equal to an overdose over a period of time. I don't know about you but I have leaned in my 69 years to never trust a thing that anyone with a conflict of interest says. Never.

On the Isle eh...? Get a sailboat maybe? Or maybe a bomb shelter for when everyone has had enough of the BS we get all the time from all governments.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Origin

Originally posted by gnosticquasar
So, basically, Muslims expect a free pass because of their religious beliefs when it's the more extreme form of their religious beliefs that have a large hand in causing the situation in the first place.

Traditional and conservative Christianity tends to have fairly stringent modesty guidelines, particularly for women, and they're not likely to get a pass because of that, so Muslims shouldn't either.

The ironic part is that the Muslims are the ones responsible for these more extreme security measures. So now they don't want to be checked. Why? So they can sneak a bomb onto a plane?

You are very gullible if you believe that "Muslims" actually are responsible for 9/11! (Also for any of the "security measures" you people impose on the rest of us since...
Did you realise that Gestapo means Geheime Staats Polizei, which translates pretty much, to Department of Homeland Security?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
The only way to fight TSA is stop flying and using Amtrack, buses or cars. This in itself would cost the airlines millions of dollars every day and soon TSA is out of a job. This would force the hand of the Govt to reconsider their policies. The only reason why TSA is doing this is because they are stupid and not thoroughly trained - which usually takes a full year.

Just in the USA alone, every every American stopped flying just for one day a week; this alone would put enormous strain on the airlines and TSA.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I love this thread, its just too funny, every time you hear of a non muslim having a horror storie at the airport, everybody just gets dmn pissed off, now that shes a muslim lol, its her own god damn fault ehehehhe

Thanks for the laughs

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Origin

Really? When did you last fly? I am quitting my job soon and one of the reasons is the new TSA BS. I normally fly at least 2x each week. I often ask these guys if they are faggots or what?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by dukeofjive
I love this thread, its just too funny, every time you hear of a non muslim having a horror storie at the airport, everybody just gets dmn pissed off, now that shes a muslim lol, its her own god damn fault ehehehhe

Thanks for the laughs

Bigots are funny though. Sheep + hypocrite = Sheepocrite! LOL!!!!!

I forgot about the second line.
edit on 3-1-2011 by Ilovecatbinlady because: I forgot about the second line.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Oh well. No one died.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
TSA will (probably) never be shut down, simply because most people agree with these so called "security polices" You can go to any other forum on the interwebz and you will see that most people actually think this stuff is "keeping us safe", the sad part about all of this is that it seems like the Government wants people to "hate/dislike" Muslims. Why? I don't know.
edit on 3-1-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ilovecatbinlady
I don't mind my tackle being fondled either but on my terms and by an attractive female.

You are just being silly (or bordering on paranoid schizophrenia). Nobody is fondling anybody's tackle. They are simply security agents trying to make air travel safer by checking for explosives and weapons.

I don't understand why this has to be so hard to understand. The TSA is doing all it can do in response to stuff like the underwear bomber. Then these crazy people go all wacky thinking it's a bunch of perverts trying to get ahold of their junk.

Here's an update for you. Nobody gives a crap about your junk. It's all in your head.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by gnosticquasar
So, basically, Muslims expect a free pass because of their religious beliefs when it's the more extreme form of their religious beliefs that have a large hand in causing the situation in the first place.

Traditional and conservative Christianity tends to have fairly stringent modesty guidelines, particularly for women, and they're not likely to get a pass because of that, so Muslims shouldn't either.

NO. Those Americans think that this is a way for the TSA to grope and feel you and your family.

I am glad someone enjoys going through the TSA.

It isn't about Islam, Christianity, or Atheism. This is about the government going too far to try to catch a bomb, which now we know, is only some type of bombs.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

Really? When did you last fly? I am quitting my job soon and one of the reasons is the new TSA BS. I normally fly at least 2x each week. I often ask these guys if they are faggots or what?

I guess your also call your doctor a faggot when he tells you to turn your head and cough?

This Youtube basically sums up the mentality behind that kind of paranoia:

edit on 3-1-2011 by Unknown Origin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I get the blood test instead. However, my doctor is female so.......

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
OMG, except for a very few comments here, I am appalled at the responses! First of all, I'm an elderly woman; I get to say who sees my private parts. It's called morals! I don't care that some or none of the TSA wants to see my private parts--I DON'T WANT THEM TO SEE MY PRIVATE PARTS! I also get to say who touches my private parts! What about the emotional impact on those who've been raped/molested in the past??
In addition, what about the CONSTITUTION? The Fourth Amendment: The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
TPTB use fear to increase their power, can't you see that? More people are killed on highways, by pharmaceuticals--you fill in the blank!
Not to mention, THz waves tear apart DNA: www.technologyreview.com...
Not to mention, scanners don't work: www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Habit4ming

With the sheepocrites, these violations against the person is ok if Muslims get it in the neck. The are in favour of the TSA searched because a Muslim says the searches and scans a violation against her religious morals.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join