It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Enron CEO Ken Lay Indicted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
A superceeding federal indictment has been handed down in the Enron scandal against Ken Lay. The indictment is sealed so it wont be known til tomorrow what the charges are. It's expected to be conspiracy and fraud.

Chron.com
Ex-Enron Chairman Ken Lay, the man who built the company to greatness and was at the helm when it crumbled, was indicted on federal criminal charges by a Houston grand jury today, sources said.

The 62-year-old is expected to surrender to the Federal Bureau of Investigation Thursday morning and plead not guilty around 11:30 a.m. before U.S. Magistrate Judge Mary Milloy.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

He is expected to turn himself in in the morning.

I'm glad to see them get the big dog. I met him one time and he really thinks he's better than anyone else IMO.

[edit on 7-7-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I hate to say it - but just in time for elections. This whole fiasco started almost 4 years ago to the last election. Amazing!

[edit on 8-7-2004 by NavyDog]

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
They charged him with 11 counts. I dont see how he'll get out of this one. Here's a new link.

www.chron.com...

"Lay faces 11 criminal counts, including conspiracy to commit wire and securities fraud, perpetrating wire, securities and bank fraud, and making false and misleading statements to employees at a company meeting, as well as to banks, securities analysts and corporate credit-rating agencies."

He left in handcuffs screaming "I did nothing wrong" LOL!!!

join