It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Catastrophy due yet? Make your guess!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I wonder what the average time correlation is for major world catasrophy like, the Tsunami a few years back, 911 Shuttle destruction, North Korea sining SK ship, major earthquakes or even the BP disaster. What is next and when is it due?

Lots of disasters predicted for 2012 but what about 2011? We could get hit by a comet in 2011 and miss all the fun due in 2012!

What are your thoughts on our next major news story? War? Volcanoe, Major Earth crust movements?

I am going to guess the easy one and predict that at least a major exchange of fire between north and south korea will occur before July. It may possibly be an all out war or some limited but devestating exchanges between the two.

Yellow Stone? Alien landing? Whats next?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Russian forces bombing London this month because they're angry about Julian Assange being imprisoned and prosecuted.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
We should not wish or hope or dream or conjure or rely on catastrophies. Think happy thoughts. Humanity will prevail, and we shall live in better times.

eta: guy above me made no sense. why would Russia give ...... that Britain arrested Assange?
edit on 2-1-2011 by Myendica because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Faux riots initiated by people who would want to see the destruction of the US.
Obama has his birth certificate released, and Darth Vader is his father.
More terrrorist attacks, and sometimes they succeed.

That's the extent of my crystal ball.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

Because they didn't want him to be arrested. They wanted to give him a nobel peace prize and get more secret information from him, mainly information on U.S. government projects.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Further economic crisis in the UK, caused by the Jan 4 VAT increase by 2.5% to 20%, as part of a ridiculous economic policy put into place by New Labour in 2008 and delayed by the Con-Dem coalition.

This increase is in response to the decrease in VAT to 15% during 2008-09, a disastrous gamble however, when you consider that in December 2008, petrol was 89p a litre (unleaded) and is now around £1.24, a factor that as already pushed food prices up as hauliers are struggling with these costs.

We are also seeing an increase in fuel duty:

www.telegraph.co.uk...

And in addition to these factors, according to the following report, competition with the booming middle classes of Brazil, China, Russia and India, and crop failures as a result of extreme weather are pushing up not only food prices but cotton, the raw cost of these commodities are yet to it the retaillers, leading to sharp price increases over the coming quarter.

www.independent.co.uk...

There have recently been energy price rises of around 7 - 9% depending on suppliers:

www.telegraph.co.uk...

The Bank of England has forecast a further 5% rise in gas prices in the first half of 2011:

www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk...

And this coming at a time when employment opportunities are low, after poor Christmas sales caused by the adverse weather, this is going to hit retailers hard as well as consumers, causing further unemployment, and lower recruitment.

And of course we all know, higher unemployment is lower spending, which will impact all sectors, not just retail.

I see these factors contributing heavily towards a double dip recession.

I understand, as reported on the news in the UK at the time, that the US adopted some of New Labours bail out strategies in the 2008-09 period, however I don't know in detail to what extent, but some of these factors might apply over the pond. If anyone from the US or other big economies would like to post please?
edit on 2-1-2011 by rufusthestuntbum because: spelling

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

Ok, I'll bite.

January 17, 2011 major 7.8 eathquake in California.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
next catastrophe : chicago cubs win the world series, the detroit lions win the super bowl, the toronto maple leafs win the stanley cup and the clippers win the nba championship all in 2011.

if this multi-billion to 1 shot happens this year, earl "the pearl" robinson's prediction for the beginning of the end of the world will be true.

these franchises are such losers and run by even bigger losers that if this ever happened, its time to get ready for armaggedon.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
The Patriots win the Superbowl, again

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
"""What are your thoughts on our next major news story?"""

All of the Natural Gas wells going into New England which is using hydraulic fracturing.......Natural Gas will seep into homes/some big buildings this winter and there will be major explosions all over New England.

1 will be a school with children present. There's my guess on the next major news story.

The abandoned coal mines in Eastern Pennsylvania will explode and catch on fire again. This time they will never be put out...or burn out.

It will be called Coalmageddon. It will smoke out entire towns. Lakes and ponds will boil.

top topics

join