It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bankers Try to Censor Scholarly Paper

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Good news. A university blocked censorship by a powerful banking association.

A powerful banking association tried -- and failed -- to censor a Cambridge University student's thesis that exposed a flaw in electronic card security.

Unheard of even two years ago. Universities usually roll right over and give their funders exactly what they want, when they want it.

Looks like people are finally waking up.

edit on 2/1/11 by soficrow because: better title

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Thanks for the heads up.

May more of our courageous youths stand up for their fellow men, embrace and report the truth without fear or favour.

Already with favour, they banksters had attempted to deny our intelligent youths the right to a scholarly education through the hideous rise in fees by their puppets, forcing many of them into the streets intead of gaining knowledge in all diverse fields to improve upon previous knowledge to spearhead our eventual evolution as a human race.

The slate is wiped clean. No debts or favours are owed anymore, and none should be there in the first place.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I didn't see a link to the story in the OP. Found it here, I think: www.rawstory.com...

Ok read the article. Interesting. Apparently the student was working out a solution to a seperate problem (tampered PIN terminals) and discovered another (more serious) weakness. A couple of quotes were very notable to me:

"Cambridge is the University of Erasmus, of Newton, and of Darwin; censoring writings that offend the powerful is offensive to our deepest values."

and

"You complain that our work may undermine public confidence in the payments system," he continued. "What will support public confidence in the payments system is evidence that the banks are frank and honest in admitting its weaknesses when they are exposed, and diligent in effecting the necessary remedies. Your letter shows that, instead, your member banks do their lamentable best to deprecate the work of those outside their cosy club, and indeed to censor it."

edit on 1-2-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Thanks for finding and posting the link rogerstigers. Second time I've done that in a week. [blush]

Great quotes you pulled too. ...I don't know if Cambridge avoided the funding traps, and has always maintained old academic values or if they acting with the realization that the trap door is closing on everyones' rights and freedoms.

Either way, bravo for Cambridge.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

As much as I like your threads and posts, I regret to inform you that I have already made a thread on this subject.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Sorry. Take care
Regards

top topics

join