It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NKorea's New Year's welcome: War would bring 'nuclear holocaust'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

NKorea's New Year's welcome: War would bring 'nuclear holocaust'

www.rawstory.com

North Korea welcomed the new year Saturday with a call for better ties with rival South Korea, warning that war "will bring nothing but a nuclear holocaust."

...South Korea's Unification Ministry, which handles relations with the North, said the editorial carried in the official Korean Central News Agency, even with its tough rhetoric, showed the North's interest in resuming talks with the South.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Talking is good - and it looks like both North and South Korea want to sort things out.

In South Korea, President Lee Myung-bak, dressed in traditional Korean clothes, said in a televised New Year's address he would work toward peace. "I am confident that we will be able to establish peace on the Korean peninsula and continue sustained economic growth," he said.

North Korea said in its editorial that confrontation between the Koreas should be quickly defused.

Whew.

Let's hope this is real. It might not be...

"Under the leadership of the great leader Kim Jong Il, the future of Korea will be brighter," said Kim Hye Gyong, a Pyongyang citizen interviewed by APTN. "Today I greet new year 2011 with such happy feelings."

There is a religious commitment in most Asian religions to start the New Year happy. But January 1 is NOT New Year's Day in any Asian religion. ...?

So what does this mean ATS? Empty posturing? Or a real effort?

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 2/1/11 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

2011 is the Chinese New year of the Rabbit so the chances of any Asian nation going to war this year is very slim however next year is the Year of the Dragon and the the fact that 2012=5, 5 is a war number.

I think overall, 2011 will be a year for a good breather and not much war will be happening.

Just my 2c worth.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

EXCELLENT catch. S &
for you.

I agree - no Asian conflicts in the Year of the Rabbit. ...2012 is a Water Dragon year - and water is an extremely mellowing influence, even in us Dragons.

In Chinese Taoist thought, water is representative of intelligence and wisdom, flexibility, softness and pliancy; however, an over-abundance of the element is said to cause difficulty in choosing something and sticking to it. In the same way, Water can be fluid and weak, but can also wield great power when it floods and overwhelms the land.

...Water is the most yin in character of the Five elements, its energy is downward and inward and its motion is stillness and conserving. ...The negative emotion associated with water is fear, while the positive emotion is calmness.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Thanks for that, did'nt think of the water dragon in 2012 but knew we would be safe in 2011 been the year of the rabbit.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Another thought - 2011 is a Metal Rabbit - metal is an interesting concept, and is only controlled by very hot fire. Hence the threat of nuclear holocaust? ...a reference to 'larger understandings'?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
i'm glad coz i'm going to tokyo just before cny.

besides, north korea is finished with the bullying.

bluff called, game over.

call it, year of the putz.
edit on 2-1-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

I'm in the year of the rabbit myself and have been told I must wear something red at all times throughout this year before leaving home to protect myself.

No war this year by Korea, China or any other Asian nation. This I am pretty certain of.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I think / hope so too.

Overall good news, yes?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

i think they only way all this "hot rabbit" metal dragon jargon actually can work is if those who follow it allow it to happen.

Self fulfilling prophecy.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

No war is good news

Everyone can take a breather in 2011. I think this year should be about family and close friends.

2012 will come soon enough but let's not worry about that until another year.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

2011 is the Chinese New year of the Rabbit so the chances of any Asian nation going to war this year is very slim however next year is the Year of the Dragon and the the fact that 2012=5, 5 is a war number.

I think overall, 2011 will be a year for a good breather and not much war will be happening.

Just my 2c worth.

Well noted except for one thing.

The Year of the Tiger still runs until February 2011 so we've a month or so left until the rabbit comes along

Year of the Dragon is indeed 2012, beware of it's swooping wings...

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I dont give a damn what year it is. North Korea is a problem. Both Iran and this country scare the hell out of me and if they get nuclear weapons, heaven help us.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by chimaybliss

I dont give a damn what year it is. North Korea is a problem. Both Iran and this country scare the hell out of me and if they get nuclear weapons, heaven help us.

North Korea and Iran are not the only problems - and anybody having nukes scares the hell out of me.

fyi - Most reports say the black market is bloody rife with nukes. Never mind the boyz who strut their radioactive stuff in plain view.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
With these two, you just never know.

They bring new meaning to the term "mood swings". lol.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
NK is being handled with kid gloves,because they have had nukes for about a decade.

Aside from that fact,they are backed up by Russia and China.

The really important thing to note is distance from the U.S..

Logistics.

Drive me on down................

new topics

top topics

join