It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denmark terror plan 'destined to fail': expert

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

A plot foiled this week to massacre staff at a Danish newspaper was destined to fail because the suspects' links to Islamic extremists were so well known, a terrorism expert was quoted saying Saturday.

One of the five men arrested Wednesday was "so publicly exposed and known by the intelligence services that the plot against Jyllands-Posten was almost destined to fail," Magnus Ranstorp, a terrorism expert at the Swedish National Defence College, told the Politiken daily's online edition.

Munir Awad, a 29-year-old Swede born in Lebanon, was one of five men arrested Wednesday for hatching what Danish officials called a plan to "kill as many people as possible" in an assault on the Jyllands-Posten daily.

It seems Awad, who is central in this so called terror attack, was known to the authorities and has already been arrested a number of times and released. He was even arrested in Somalia and released to the Swedish authorities who intervened on his behalf. The other arrested individuals where either sharing the same flat as Awad or are associates he attached himself too.

Further searches on the internet replicates the above article and the feeling one gets is that Awad has mental health problems. Unlike the UK and the Netherlands, Sweden seems to still observe the rule of law and the Swedish government has routinely intervened on behalf of Awad whom is most likely a vulnerable person.

I am in no doubt that Awad made grandiose plans to set the world right and announced them bombastically. He probably babbled on the telephone, sent mad emails and tried to get others involved in his delusions. This guy seemed to travel all over the place, get arrest, have his story reported and sent home to Sweden. It even seemed the al Shabab in Somalia, who are currently being hunted by US special forces, took the trouble to send him on his way with his pregnant wife back to the Somali authorities and then to Sweden.

It seem everybody including terrorists feel bad for a crazy man except for the UK. US and Dutch security services who like to set them up as patsies. Now security consultants in the Netherlands are lining up to appear on Dutch tv to regurgitate neocon crap about the catastrophe facing the world because of terrorism.

www.thelocal.se...

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
mad people kill 3000+ people and they are terrorist patsies set-up by the government

mad people kill dozens in public transport attacks and they are patsies set-up bu the government.

mad people blow up a hotel, targeting all and sundry, and they are patsies set-up by the government.

mad people plot to kill people, fail miserably and they are patsies set-up by the government.

I just don't get it, when is a terrorist a terrorist?

edit on 2/1/2011 by badw0lf because: the government set me up to make typoes...

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

I just don't get it, when is a terrorist a terrorist?

when mad people take a hold of the rudder of the state kill millions and psychopatically project it all onto others

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

You are confused. I suggest you read up on Machiavelli, the USS Liberty and study modes of combat by deception.

Further still, I recommend this excellent documentary by the BBC before it became a neocon state propaganda organ - The Politics of Fear;

Google Video Link

Thanks

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
this crap happened 5 years ago and these morons

want to make a statement now?

don't the rads ever get embarrassed?

like, "dude, it's ancient history! let it go!"

lelelelelelelelelelel!!!!! hiiii yaaaa!!!!

ok xena, you go for it.

oh, but what will the jail time be? 2yrs and then sent back to start over?
edit on 2-1-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Fooks, I don't understand what you are saying.

Can you please break it down? I am a bit thick today.

top topics

join