It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Guards shoot down two 'Western spy' drones

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Your right but unfortunately the Iranians don’t seem to follow the system of law either by training militants and running kidnapping operations against western targets inside Iraq. Therefore the use of drones in my view is justifiable.

I'll do my best not to offend you but your statements are nothing more than conjecture based on what you've read online and what propaganda you've been fed through your TV screen.

Do you personally know any Iranians? I do. Have you spoken with any to see their thoughts on this? I have.

Sitting in your ivory tower as some low level know it all does a disservice both to you and to those who are on the receiving end of the drone attacks you are so ready to "allow".

I'm sure this will come across as both harsh as well as abrasive but I have really grown tired of those thinking they are ready to decimate other cultures based upon their lack of information to see the bigger picture and make an informed decision.

If you or yours wish to send a drone over my home, don't be surprised if I do what I can to incapacitate it. I would expect you to do the same should I send one over your home.

I'm sure many think this incursion is nothing more than a game similar to that played on a Wii or PS3 but it is far bigger and far more reaching than that.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
More Iranian BS propaganda.

They are well known for BS propaganda like the photoshopped missiles
www.thedigitalstory.com...

Or endless repainting of old 1950s vintage US hawk missiles or Russian missiles and claiming they are Iranian missiles.

Yet they have no photos of these shot down spy drones.
They need to shot there photo-shop people for not doing any photoshopped spy drones.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
They need to shot there photo-shop people for not doing any photoshopped spy drones.

Please tell me this post was a joke or that Farsi is your primary language as is theirs.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Dam I knew those RC planes of mine that I lost the other day ran on solar power but dam did they get far or what.

If they send anything over Iran it will be stealth and Iran doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell on shooting it down. Could one malfunction and crash, sure but we have stealth UAVs and Iran let alone Russia could not shoot them down. They are just to fast and to small. They would look like a bee on radar.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Likely the Iranian Guards shot down a couple Iranian Army Drones.

It's like the Three Stooges over there with the different militant/military organizations.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
reply to post by Magnum007

I agree, but a drone is little more than a RC Toy.

wanna show me balls? shoot down a spy plane or better yet one of those carriers hunting of their coastlines. :

Nah... We'll let the Israelis do that kind of work... They seem to be pretty good at getting away with it... lol

On a serious note, Iran knows not to start the war, they will wait and defend. They aren't stupid enough to do something that would make them look like they are the bad guys... They'll let the US do it themselves, like they have done numerous times in the past... Iran knows that they have no real reason to be attacked, and are waiting for the US to make something up to do it...

Once that's done, Iran will humiliate the US and the world will understand what is really happening.. Adhemijad is a smart man.

Magnum
edit on 11/1/2 by Magnum007 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/1/2 by Magnum007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
If a night prowler's nose gets caught in the window as you slam it shut; is it your fault for not letting him get out of the way in time?

There's nothing political about it, it's common sense.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Price

Depending on the type of drone, it will hurt a lot of people considering the price:

Some High Altitude Long Endurance, or HALE drones can cost upwards of $500 million.

Wikipedia

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

From reading your first line, your entire post only works if you take the view that the media are lying to us about everything and there is a massive propaganda campaign and so on, shame there is no proof of this. A few years ago, 5 British security consultants were taken from the Iraqi finance ministry but a large group of militants posing as Iraqi police. It was later discovered that these militants had then transported their prisoners to Iran and were working with the IRGC . I have read other accounts be solders in theatre in Iraq who point out that IED’s have became more sophisticated as a result of Iran IRGC again providing training to Shia terrorists. That to me shows that Iran are a threat to forces in Iraq.

www.guardian.co.uk...

That’s from the guardian, you know the same guys who helped out with the war logs from wikileaks. I don’t think they are part of your massive propaganda conspiracy.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
They should target the American carriers that are in their seas. That should send a message. Not to mention insulting the Iranians by calling it Arabian instead of Persian.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Welcome to spotting propaganda 101:

Today's class, changing geographical names.

Since when did the Persian Gulf become ''The Gulf''?

Huh? Huh?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join