It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Guards shoot down two 'Western spy' drones

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr UAE
really ? the Iranians are capable of bringing down spy drones?

this is going to embarrassing to whom ever owns those spy drones , that is of course if its true.

lets wait and see

It's ignorant people like you who are going to get a serious shock should a war break out with Iran.

Iran are not Iraq or Afghanistan... Not that the yanks trampled all over them like they thought they were going to

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Segador

I see what you mean but in reasoning that comment would be classified as a fallacious argument. There was never a pilot or pilots, the drones were meant to be flown remotely and they are often used to kill people on the ground,

Shooting those drones down did save lives; the lives of people on the ground.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ilovecatbinlady
reply to post by Segador

I see what you mean but in reasoning that comment would be classified as a fallacious argument. There was never a pilot or pilots, the drones were meant to be flown remotely and they are often used to kill people on the ground,

Shooting those drones down did save lives; the lives of people on the ground.

I don't think spydrones carry weapons

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Segador

Maybe they don't carry weapons but they sure do find targets for planes that do.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by tlasalt
reply to post by Segador

Maybe they don't carry weapons but they sure do find targets for planes that do.

Wouldn't it be called a scout drone then?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Good.

I hope Iran shoots down everything that the US sends illegally into their territory.

I don't think the US can do anything though, as far as I know they do not have the permission to fly into that country. I'm sure the Iranian government hasn't given them that permission and probably never will.

Then again Iran probably saved some poor villagers from being bombed by some kid sitting in Virginia.

~Keeper

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Would you say that if America gained intelligence form a drone that they had a Nuclear warhead pointed at a western target. Thought not.

Granted that is incredibly unlikely but the drones do their job.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Segador

reply to post by Segador

I don't think spydrones carry weapons

Aren't all drones classified as spying devices? They have amazing camera lens technology and carry missiles and bombs; the Globemaster.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown

Would you say that if America gained intelligence form a drone that they had a Nuclear warhead pointed at a western target. Thought not.

Granted that is incredibly unlikely but the drones do their job.

Well come on Kevin, Russia still has hundreds of Nukes pointed at the us, and so do other European countries. You don't see drones in their territory do you?

And yes, the drones certainly do get an illegal job done don't they?

~Keeper

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

The drones do a fantastic job when deployed against Pakistani hill folk and starving Somalians but it is noteworthy they were shot down the moment they flew over Iran territory. Makes you think...
edit on 2-1-2011 by Ilovecatbinlady because: spelling

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Who cares if it’s illegal, the nuclear scenario was just a example I know that Iran isn’t going to go launching nukes.

A more realistic example would be tracking IRGC and Militants moving between the Iranian/ Iraqi border, just like the drone operations in the tribal regions of Pakistan.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

I'm just pulling your leg, you know I follow your train of thought.

I agree that they could be very usefull, simply patrol the border and stay out of the Iranian airspace, you can't tell me that the drones can't see over the border from where they are "allowed" to go right?

And saying " Who cares if it's illegal?" Is why our world is so messed up, I hope you realize that.

~Keeper
edit on 1/2/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/2/2011 by tothetenthpower because: I can't read good..

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
So would doing so be considered "wrong"? I'm guessing it would only be considered "wrong" by those who send such aircraft.

I can only imagine the hoopla and bravado should the US shoot down something similar over our soil.

While I would fully support a drone being incapacitated over US soil, I would also support any other country doing the same to a drone sent over their soil.

I don't wet my pants or have trouble sleeping regarding what happens many thousands of miles away from me and my family. At the same time, I fully support those in foreign lands defending their sovereignty....from enemies both foreign and domestic.

Where my instincts kick in to serious protection mode of me and my own is when it is clear that my own government is doing this BS over our own soil and expects me to buy the line that it's for "safety".

The US is run by criminals and as time passes they are showing their true colors which is expected of tyrants based on the historical actions of tyrants.

Wrap yourself in the flag and sing kumbuyah or wake the hell up and see what is really happening.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I am not saying they have clearance to enter Iranian airspace, all am saying is that even if they don’t have said clearance I still approve of them entering Iranian airspace.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I am not saying they have clearance to enter Iranian airspace, all am saying is that even if they don’t have said clearance I still approve of them entering Iranian airspace.

Well that's just wrong. Unfortunetly a system of law and order ONLY works if everybody is following it.

You therefore should give permission to any law enforcement officer to break into your home while your at home, or not and sniff around, maybe let off a few shots of their firearms and then leave.

On a daily basis.

~Keeper

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Your right but unfortunately the Iranians don’t seem to follow the system of law either by training militants and running kidnapping operations against western targets inside Iraq. Therefore the use of drones in my view is justifiable.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Your right but unfortunately the Iranians don’t seem to follow the system of law either by training militants and running kidnapping operations against western targets inside Iraq. Therefore the use of drones in my view is justifiable.

Hahaha! You are funny!

Second line, I had to say the above.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

But are those Iranian governments or are those Iranian extremist groups like the Taliban in Afghanistan? If it's the latter then the US should be trying to start up joint missions with the Iranians to help solve the violent extremism don't you think?

I've seen no olive branches from the US in regards to assisting Iran with it's terrorism operations, just criticism and empty threats year after year. Belive it or not there is a diplomatic solution to all of this.

Sending unmaned drones into restricted airpspace is like asking for a fight. The US are instigating here. The Iranian government can't be blamed for the actions of a few religious extremists, unless there is concrete evidence of them actually orchestrating these events you mentioned.

Even if that's the case, it's not like any other country hasn't had those sorts of operations in the past or currently. I just don't think the US has the right to do these sorts of things in the name of freedom and fighting terrorism when it is clear that they are not doing either of those things.

Then again what do I know about this, or any of us for that matter, the cloak of secrecy runs very deep with Middle Eastern diplomacy and warefare.

~keeper

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnum007

I agree, but a drone is little more than a RC Toy.

wanna show me balls? shoot down a spy plane or better yet one of those carriers hunting of their coastlines.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
reply to post by Magnum007

I agree, but a drone is little more than a RC Toy.

wanna show me balls? shoot down a spy plane or better yet one of those carriers hunting of their coastlines.

Ironic "balls" comment you made there, considering the US now flies unmanned drones to do work that they find risky

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join