It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State commission says dead fish now cover 20-mile section of Arkansas River

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I have a feeling that the next two years are going to be quite eventful. Just look how it's started so far.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
These two stories are very strange in their own right but the fact they have happened within 125 miles of one another in such a short time frame makes them even more bizarre.

I understand around 5000 blackbirds dropped from the sky just before midnight on New Years eve. Stranger still.

My weirdo-meter is off the chart on this one.

Looking for a rational cause that would explain both cases is difficult to say the least.Perhaps there is a large scale earthquake on the way and some nasty , toxic but entirely natural gases have escaped from the bowels of the Earth?

Just a suggestion although I am far from convinced this is the explanation,

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Maybe it was a tornado.

Was there a tornado in that area?And maybe that same tornado took out the birds too considering the incidents were so close to each other.

Or it could have very well been Harrp.

Check out this vid.Looks like a black hole in the sky in Norway.
www.youtube.com...

Same thing in Australia!
www.youtube.com...

China too!
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
There are a lot of reasons why this could happen. If there are pesticide using farms bordering the lake there could be for pollution. There is also a conspiracy about Chamtrails and what the government planes are dropping.There could also be exotic fish in the river like snakeheads and asian carp. Snake heads are extremely aggressive and violent. They can also breath air.What snakeheads do is they bite the fish in half then waits for it to die before it eats the fish.Theres even stories (which are true) where snakeheads come out of the water and eat small pets and even babies.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsaying
So over the last year, Arkansas has had dead birds, dead fish, deadly tornados, lots of small earthquakes, the horrible ice storm, what else am I leaving out?

subterranean bases

In northern Arkansas, a 12-man speleological team broke into an ancient tunnel system, encountering inhabitants of the inner-world.
Just north of Batesville, explorers found a tunnel illuminated by a greenish phosphorescence where they met a race of beings who stood 7 to 8 feet tall and had bluish skin. The beings, who have advanced technology, told the explorers they are the direct descendents of Noah. The Cherokee Indians also tell of this same race of blue men. According to the Cherokee they inhabited the areas of Kentucky as well. When the Cherokee came into that area, they killed these blue skinned men off. Apparently the Cherokee were wrong in their assumptions.

subterraneanbases.com...

there is claimed to be a subterranean base
in Arkansas. Wonder if they are experimenting
down there.

this Arkansas base was also mentioned in one of
the threads on Admiral Byrd
edit on 1/2/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Multiple earthquakes, dead birds, dead fish.
Released sub-terrainian gas. Could be CO2, sulphuric acid and/or hydrocarbons like methane.
Gas plume rising in altitude and also mixed into a water supply.
I will go with the geological probability that this is what is going on.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
New kind of flu I bet. Fish get virus/parasite/bacteria wash up dead on shores. Blackbirds see an easy meal and scavenge. Blackbirds get sick and die.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

Well if it is CO2 released from the quakes then I would be very nervous about living any where near there. In 1986 Lake Nyos in Africa release large amounts of CO2 killing more than 1700 people by asphyxiation.

Lake Nyos disaster

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

Yes, this was a very large scale example of what may be going on here in minutia along a fault line.
Agree, very scary.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Could be a weapons test or satellite run of some kind. I wouldn't worry too much unless people start dropping..

Maybe a bio weapons test?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
The fact that it's just the Drum fish is odd. There are plenty of scavenger fish in that river just as numerous like Carp & Gar Fish. Why didn't they find huge numbers of them as well?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by don rumsfeld

One of the problems may be linked to the way fish breathe. Appart from oxygen exchange via the gills, some , especially the Drum, rely on air in reserve in an 'Air Bladder'. The Drum also uses the air in this 'reserve tank' to communicate by forcing stored air out of it's bladder, creating a drum like rythmic sound. It is possible that the circumstances that cause this fish to die is related to the complexities involving breathing with gills, the usage of reserve air in this bladder and the gas toxin level in the water.

I am not a marine biologist, but would certainly like to hear from anyone qualified to elaborate on this.
edit on 3-1-2011 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Being me, I ofcourse first think of a geological cause....such has been suggested by others. With the New Madrid seemingly acting up lately, I think it is very relevant.

I haven't seen anyone else make this suggestion for a cause, so here goes:

Let us assume this is related to plate tectonics. If that were the case, we would be suspect of a couple of things first off, involving water. Number one would be temperature, the other would be the PH level. If this type of fish were more sensitive to either the temp of the water, or especially the PH level than that would explain why only this species (so far) has been found dead.

I'm sure the PH and temp are some of the first things the investigators will look at. If it is either of those things, than expect to see other species surface as it gets worse.
edit on 3-1-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

When they analyses the dead birds and fish for the cause of death then it might reveal a clue.... ?

Yes - but 'they' might not tell us.

animals are our 'warning sign' created by mother nature ... we choose to look or keep our eyes tightly closed..

Absolutely. ...I remember an incredible illustration done by one of our old members - it was a coalminer holding a canary standing on a hill outside the mine...

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Wow, this certainly is odd. I think the most logical explanation I have read so far is the post that these fish were dead and the blackbirds found an easy meal. If the fish were diseased then of course the birds too would become ill. There are many theories, all plausible, but only time and testing will tell. Even then I am sure we won't get a straight answer from TPTB. I will definitely be following this thread to see how this plays out.
edit on 3-1-2011 by IamAbeliever because: i felt like it

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I guess I never thought too much into the oddities. It all happened after a big (and odd) surge of Gulf air came up and caused all kinds of problems. So I just assumed the obvious.

Who knows though. There are so many odd things happening right now my head is spinning. Im in Missouri born and raised. We have had rain 3x's since AUGUST. It is considered odd if we go 2 weeks with out anything. 5 months and it has rained 3x's!!! My dad lives in New Mexico in the desert, and texted me yesterday saying they were all freaking out because it was 7 degrees.

What i find even more disturbing is that all the news stations are tip toeing around it all.

It doesnt take a moron to figure out something is very wrong. Not surprisingly wrong, plenty of scientists have warned this was going to happen with our weather I suppose.

As for the birds, something to consider...last year when they were talking about the odd crops that were dieing off after the oil spill. They blamed it on the corexit. There was also mention of the martins in the area dieing off. People finding dead martins all around. Martins eat mosquitoes. My point is, fish and birds eat the same things quite often. Maybe their food sourse was toxic. It would not be surprising at all for a group of birds to feast by a river then fly off and die 125(or whatever it was) miles away.
edit on 3-1-2011 by mrsdudara because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by GodIsPissed
Maybe it was a tornado.

Was there a tornado in that area?And maybe that same tornado took out the birds too considering the incidents were so close to each other.

Or it could have very well been Harrp.

Check out this vid.Looks like a black hole in the sky in Norway.
www.youtube.com...

Same thing in Australia!
www.youtube.com...

China too!
www.youtube.com...

Wasn't there one of these over Thailand as well? Or was it a hoax?
edit on 3-1-2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-1-2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv
reply to post by don rumsfeld

One of the problems may be linked to the way fish breathe. Appart from oxygen exchange via the gills, some , especially the Drum, rely on air in reserve in an 'Air Bladder'. The Drum also uses the air in this 'reserve tank' to communicate by forcing stored air out of it's bladder, creating a drum like rythmic sound. It is possible that the circumstances that cause this fish to die is related to the complexities involving breathing with gills, the usage of reserve air in this bladder and the gas toxin level in the water.

I am not a marine biologist, but would certainly like to hear from anyone qualified to elaborate on this.
edit on 3-1-2011 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

If a Drum fish has this 'air in reserve' could the pressure of that air in the sac been affected much like a diver is subjected to the bends if they surface to quickly...?

Maybe something caused a sudden pressure change or forced the fish to the surface then could that have been a trigger..

PDUK

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
All I am seeing is "Flash Forward"!

Seriously the birds dropping from the sky, that was right in that flick!

Too bad it was cancled, I think episodes are still on Hulu. It was about a mass "pass out" where everyone on the planet "Flashed Forward" a year and experienced a small bit of time.

Then everyone woke up.

Anyway, some point during the show, it was shown that this "Flash Forward" affected (effected?) the birds first. Causing mass deaths, (Just dropped out of the sky, asleep, then dead upon reaching the ground.)

Sure sounds familiar. Alas, life rarely fits in that well with the shows.

I am eager to see what is going on, I noticed Wallmart's head office is down in AK. And with the whole TSA + Wallmart = SafeAmerica...Well this is a conspiracy site!

All well, check out the "Flash Forward" it is worth it just for the syncronicity of the bird events.

(Also kinda surprised no one had noticed this yet...I mean it is almost exactly the same depiction! I will try to find a clip.)

No luck on a clip, here is a trailer (Was a TV series from last year, came out the same time as V. Was not as easy to understand, so it went the way of Reaper/Dead Like Me/And More!

edit on 1/3/2011 by adigregorio because: Clip

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I am not claiming to know anything more than anybody else, but when I was young, we lived very close to Ft. Detrick. My parents would tell me about strange things that went on every year. On year it was a very localized outbreak of praying mantises. One year it was massive amounts of earth worms. Each time, localized to our area. It would seem that the government does testing on different bio agents to target specific species. I just think the fact that it's only Drum, and only black birds, drives home that point. Sadly, it will not be exposed to us. Just my theory.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join