It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State commission says dead fish now cover 20-mile section of Arkansas River

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

State commission says dead fish now cover 20-mile section of Arkansas River

www.wreg.com

OZARK, Ark. (AP) — An Arkansas Game and Fish Commission spokesman says dead drum fish now cover a 20-mile section of the Arkansas River near Ozark.

Seven teams from the state agency visited the affected portion of the river Friday. Commission spokesman Keith Stephens says an official estimate of how many fish have died is expected on Monday, but he tells the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette that the number is likely in the hundreds of thousands.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
What in the heck is going on there? First almost 2000 dead birds scattered over a mile and now hundreds of thousands of dead fish for 20 miles?

Anyone hear of anything else going on Arkansas since Jan 1st. Lights, Tremors, anything? ATS is good about digging up that kind of info. We need to figure out what exactly is going on there.

www.wreg.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 2/1/11 by MikeboydUS because: What!?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Holy Guacamole! I just finished reading your post about the dead birds and now THIS has happened? What is going on? Actually,I couldn't begin to guess what happened unless it were something like contaminated water (Corexit plus other poisons) infiltrating the eco-system through rainfall?

It'll be interesting to see how this unfolds.
edit on 2-1-2011 by FlyingJadeDragon because: edit for content

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Dosent take a genius to work out its man's pollution.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by loner007

Not really, large scale deaths of fish can happen quite naturally, same with birds. Doesn't mean this is not caused by man of course...but let's not blame pollution just yet when nature can do just as good a job by itself.
edit on 2-1-2011 by Solomons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Earths Magnetic Field acting up maybe? Could explain the Birds,dont know about the Fish though.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Birds may have been high altitude hail.
The fish kill could be a lot of things, including hail, although not likely.
The Arkansas tornadoes could have done this by dropping some pesticide or anything from an adjacent field.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
So over the last year, Arkansas has had dead birds, dead fish, deadly tornados, lots of small earthquakes, the horrible ice storm, what else am I leaving out? Hope Arkansas doesn't get a bad rap, the state is really pretty and a great place to go for some R and R... lots of lakes, the hot springs and a great place for camping. But this is all pretty weird.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I think the Grim Reaper confused the animals for Haliburton and Co.

This really is bizarre. It definitely doesn't make me want to visit Arkansas any time soon

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Lead poisoning.

Ozark is known historically for LEAD mining. I'd be looking at exposure to Lead in the Birds and Fish, and then, how it happened.

Nice point about the Magnetic Field, you could be onto something.

:-)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Anybody else wondering why it's only one type of fish?? Aren't there any other bottom feeders in that river?
I have a better idea of why the same type of birds went down together, they fly together in flocks, but what's up with the fish?
I welcome any explanations, because that doesn't make sense to me.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by aoi3610

Surely Lead poisoning over time would not cause a sudden death in birds simultaneously ??

Again surely the same is true with fish for a prolonged period ? especially over such a distance....

Does seem very strange having events like this happening so close ?? Are they close, I do not know the geography of that area particulary well

PDUK

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Good points / questions:

Anyone hear of anything else going on Arkansas since Jan 1st. Lights, Tremors, anything? ATS is good about digging up that kind of info. We need to figure out what exactly is going on there.

These die-offs are huge - and absolutely, we DO need to figure out exactly what's going on here. Not make assumptions or speculate.

...I'm thinking about TheRedneck's thread now...

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Very strange - first its one type of birds and now one type of fish. Lots of other type birds in the sky and fish in the river. This is puzzling for sure - those that mentioned magnetic field, pollution, etc wouldn't that affect different species? S @ F for this thread as I would like to stay informed.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

soficrow

Thankyou for the Link to the Redneck thread.......... having just read it, I guess that these die offs might have a loose link to something 'specific' being released.....

When they analyses the dead birds and fish for the cause of death then it might reveal a clue.... ?

animals are our 'warning sign' created by mother nature ... we choose to look or keep our eyes tightly closed..

PDUK

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

how weird. I heard arkansas was getting earthquakes? seems l from knowling history, just before a hughe disaster things like dead fish and dead birds start happening...

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Definitely oil spill related

The recent tornados and weird weather (maybe also caused by the oil spill) have cause oil deposits on the bottom of the sea floor to pop up in certain locations based on weather

It is very strange that it is only one type of fish, I would like to know if that is a fact or if it a majority of a certain kind. Even if it's 90% one fish and others there lends more credibility to it being exterior factor instead of a problem like a disease in that fish line.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Just a theory, The suns kicking out lots of rays, ive herd birds use a magnetic system to know where they are. Maybe we had a solar blast which has played with the earths magneic field causing all these birds and fish to die???

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyingJadeDragon

Have you ever seen the movie 'The Core'?
This is what's happening!

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
It Cant be pollutants, Nobody has mentioned that these animals were the same species, all Blackbirds and all Drum fish.

A pollutant would have killed all not just a species.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join