It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1000+ birds dropped dead from the sky.

page: 51
<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by Bordon81

Cause of death was listed as blunt trauma, as if they had flown into a brick wall or fallen a great distance.

Or if the flock was struck by high level hail.

You guys do know this isn't an uncommon occurence with birds...right?

I dont think they do.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by yzzyUK
I just remembered something, might be something or nothing.

Two nights ago I was walking my dog at around 1am. I whistled for her to heel and a Blackbird answered me... I stood there for about 5 minutes 'talking' to the blackbird and then my husband came out to the field and I asked him if had ever [apart from in the Beatles song] heard of a blackbird singing in the middle of the night.

We walked back to teh house and as we went in the bird had moved to the tree in our front yard and again sang to me for a while...

I live in the South east of UK

Am starting to wonder, on a molecular level, if the physiology of a Blackbird may be more sensitive or predisposed to certain frequencies than other birds. Has anyone checked that out? Any Ornithology experts (yeah, I Googled it...
) on board who can gleam a little light on the matter?

Originally posted by mike184ever
reply to post by Human_Alien

my dying wont make the sun not come up

In your 3D existence/reality it won't. So depends if you're looking at this separately or collectively

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by pandora0629

Thank you so much for that valuable information. I know these birds and grackels/ starlings flock in large numbers. I once saw a 10 acre field that was covered from end to end with red wing black birds. It was a beautiful sight to see.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Why do you feel that hail would not cause internal injuries? Not trying to anger you but internal injuries are almost always casued by external forces. Hail especially large hail can dent a car why would it not cause massive injuries to a tiny hollow boned bird? Red wing black birds are not large birds, they are smallish just a bit larger than a sparrow, about the size of a robin but not as heavy around.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by alchemist2012
I can never get any confirmation about these things but there are reports of some falcon and owl die offs in california

If you can't get "confirmation" then you should let us know where your "reports" came from. Thanks

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

Trauma from the outside causes internal damage. Someone is in a car accident. The steering wheel is pushed so hard into their chest that the rib cage punctures a vein and they hemorrage to death. They had internal trauma/ damage. Did they eat the steering wheel? No of course not. Did an outside force cause the hemorrage? Yes it did. External trauma= internal damage.

But it would show impact on said-rib cage, no?

Although biology was never my strong suit I would think: you can't effect something soft (organs) when they're being protected by something hard (bone) and not show any signs of impact on the protection-mechanism. .

After all that was Gods' (okay, Annunaki) point when designing the anatomy.

Our brain is protected by the skull and all our vital organs are tucked safely underneath the rib cage so they have that added assurance (insurance?) of staying safe.

I suppose you can have an unusual accident where something goes in between your ribs and pierces your organ but the odds are stacked up against that happening. But we're talking about 5000 birds here and how none of them seem to have suffered any broken....anything!

Not a wing. Not a bone. Not a noggin. How does that happen to 5000 birds that apparently, fell from the sky?

Curiouser and curiouser as we all funnel down that rabbit hole huh?
edit on 4-1-2011 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by Bordon81

Cause of death was listed as blunt trauma, as if they had flown into a brick wall or fallen a great distance.

Or if the flock was struck by high level hail.

You guys do know this isn't an uncommon occurence with birds...right?

I dont think they do.

I don't think it's a common occurrence to have 5000+ birds fall dead at once from hail, no.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by shikori

While redwing blackbirds are migratory, within the united states they tend to live and stay in one area year round. They migrate from the northern states and canada. Since they tend to stay within a certain area year round their flying from one place to another within that specific area as a flock it might appear that migrating birds are going in the wrong direction. Also a migratory path to the south does not mean that they never diverge from their path. They dont have a compass that keeps them entirely due south the whole time. They diverge for water and for food so that untimatly their path though due south will diverge east and west and maybe sometimes even north depending on their needs and circumstances like weather.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Anodyne

Welcome aboard. I personally love hearing people's opinions as to what might've caused this.

And the more people post their related stories (like birds not showing up or....hearing birds chirping at night) the better chance we have to piece together a broader picture and POSSIBLY come to some determination.

We are definitely attacking this by reason of deduction (i.e. fireworks, poison etc) and that's the only way to figure out any commonality factor.

This thread is getting rather lengthy so does anyone have any 'official' update (to of course, rip it apart like we do so well)?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by zeeon

There is a difference between conflicting reports and reports of incidents that are different. Its not a conflict. Now a conflict would be if someone reported that the birds in Ak had no trauma and then someone else said they did. That is a conflicting report. This is reporting of two incidents that occurred near each other . Two bird kill offs, one where the birds are traumatized and one where they are not.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I heard recently on the radio (Which sadly I cannot quote) that the Arkansas Fish and Wildlife were claiming it was the result of fireworks, but then went on to add that we'd never really know what caused the massive kill.

Personally, if they had said high altitude hail was the cause I would be more inclined to believe that-however to dismiss a 1,000+ bird kill as due to fireworks? I dunno. Seems too fishy to me-and highly unlikely that there would be enough fireworks in the air over Bebee in order to cause something like that.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

Was it hailing at that time? I haven't seen any proof of that. I just heard about it being a possible cause.

A tsunami could've caused it too but, was there one? (bad analogy seeing this was inland but....you get my sarcasm, right?
)

Was there hail in Kentucky too?
Was there hail in Louisiana too?
Did hail pummel the crap out of the fish also?

And how come this is the first time we've ever heard of 5000 birds (possibly) getting killed by hail?

Hail is common as are Blackbirds.

I personally don't think any animal could be that delicate and susceptible to nature's forces and make it this far on the evolution chain.

But that's just my layman's logic.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Another flock hits the highway in Louisiana

:: EDIT -- Sorry old news here on ATS

edit on 4-1-2011 by DarthPhobos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Just thought this might be relevant... considering all the dead things turning up everywhere.

If hundreds washed ashore you can guess there at least double that still floating around dead out there.
Hundreds of dead snapper wash up in New Zealand

Strange times indeed..

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
really getting stranger by the minute now in new zeland!!! www.stuff.co.nz...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ka0s69

beat me to it lol my bad

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by alchemist2012

There is something going on, even people at work are talking about the abnormality's in the weather and nature, even ufo's. People who I have known for many years, who have never mentioned the subjects, have started to notice the change. I talked with my colleges today about the Fish/Bird scenario's. None of them knew about the events, of course I told them a few facts. They were like
Things are certainly changing. I think it is time we should all come together, and help each other.

Lewtra

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
It seems most of the Fish and Wildlife officials are saying all of these birds and fish are dead because of the weather and/or fireworks. I am not buying that at all - IMO I think they now know what is causing it and they are not about to tell us. The list keeps getting long around the world - some of these reports may be due to natural causes but certainly not all or that many. I wish I had time (I do pvt nursing) to put together a list from say just this past month world wide. I did read reports that go back to September 2010 and even further back.

I ran out of bird food the other day and haven't fed the birds for 4 days, they usually come to the feeders even when nothing is there. I am going to feed them tomorrow and see how many and what type show up. I am hoping for a large healthy crowd. Our weather in Indiana is cold (in the teens at night but that's not unusual for winter) and no winter storms for over 2 weeks. BTW I see birds in my area every day and haven't seen a one for a week.

This is getting frightening - I do hope adults are instructing their children not to touch dead birds if they find them.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

reply to post by pandora0629

Thank you so much for that valuable information. I know these birds and grackels/ starlings flock in large numbers. I once saw a 10 acre field that was covered from end to end with red wing black birds. It was a beautiful sight to see.

Now see? That is interesting.

Would/could 5000 Blackbirds be in one spot (like a farm) at one time?
Do they sleep/perch/roost/eat together? What is the likelihood of that occurring?

Because I am thinking:

Could some bird-hating-redneck have replicated John Hutchinson effect and zapped these birds in one shot (causing internal injury ONLY)?
I mean, one or two people DID go on record up there in Arkansas and said these birds won't be missed and aren't a welcome sight.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by lewtra
reply to post by alchemist2012

There is something going on, even people at work are talking about the abnormality's in the weather and nature, even ufo's. People who I have known for many years, who have never mentioned the subjects, have started to notice the change. I talked with my colleges today about the Fish/Bird scenario's. None of them knew about the events, of course I told them a few facts. They were like
Things are certainly changing. I think it is time we should all come together, and help each other.

Lewtra

I concur.
Welcome to the insanity.
Pull up a pad and welcome to our cell!

top topics

<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join