It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1000+ birds dropped dead from the sky.

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by alchemist2012
Trying to confirm a report of dead black birds in jersey and NYC all i see is a news clip from friday or saturday

It was posted a few pages back, I can't remember by who but the date of that area's die off was in 2009 and it was intentional.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverado292

Ok thanx

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
getting ready to hear what alex jones has to say(dont shoot me)he and george snoory are on

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by zeeon

Um yeah, thanks I was in squadrons for 20 years and thank god the limited times I got into the birds we never had one of those buggers fly through the craft so you aircrew guys can keep those crazy stories, makes me prone to never want to fly again. There has been ball lightening reported before earth quakes and Laura Ingalls of all people describes ball lightening dancing down the stove pipe in her book Little House in the Big Woods. It seems that there still is natural phenomonon we don't understand and the air behaves in very strange ways prior to earth quakes. I think you guys/gals saw them in the air for the reason you stated, but they can occur spontanously without Aircraft. That said, I don't see know how I could think this could bring down a whole flock.

Now since I kept my butt on the ground and you flew what about wind shear? - I'll let my stupid hang out. There was a tornado in the area - I think the very day before this occured. It seems to me a tornado would certainly batter about birds - tumbling them into each other . . . awful as that sounds.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
didnt clif high mention something in his web bot thingy

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Not sure but......Brazil (which is sorta close to Argentina where all those birds died over the weekend) is reporting------now get this------100 tons of dead fish.
They have stopped counting the deceased and are now weighing the carnage site.

"Translated page:
A survey conducted by the Federation of Fishermen's Colony of Paraná, Paranaguá on the coast of the state, indicates that at least 100 tons of fish (sardine, croaker and catfish) have turned up dead since last Thursday off the coast of Parana."
www.parana-online.com.br...

edit on 4-1-2011 by Human_Alien because: add photo

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

Well I guess great minds do think alike sometimes. This was the first thing that my mother said when she heard the report. She is not very techno savvy but I guess she has watched enough TV to think that electromagnetic pulse waves may have been responsible and she is 78 years old.

Okay if not EMPs could we have a top secret stealth jet that could fly at speeds that could cause ultra sonic sound waves that could cause the birds to be affected in some way?

Just throwing out another guess.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

end of days.....

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by zeeon

Yes to the fireworks but why doesn't this happen every 4th of July or for that matter every freaking day around the house of mouse which blasts a couple grand of firework every single night. You would think not a single bird would be in the air in Orlando.

Ok, you avaitor types, what happens when an EA6B turns on the juice? Would it knock down the birds?
Can't see ANY reason they would be prowling that area but maybe there is other stuff?
edit on 4-1-2011 by TheBirdisDone because: spelling

link   
What industry has recently killed fish and birds?

The Oil and Gas industry.

Let's forget about BP because it is obvious. Let's look at Exxon which just paid a fine for killing birds around their natural gas drill sites.

green.blogs.nytimes.com...

Here's an example where Cabot Oil contaminated a river and there was methane gas leaking into residents wells. There were exploding water wells in the town of Dimock Pennsylvania. The spill got into the river killing fish and the fish were observed to be swimming erractically.

www.propublica.org...

I'm researching to find the details on a methane seep in the West Divide Creek in Colorado. The river could be ignited. It killed fish and the oil company was fined.

So here's just two examples. But we're really not just talking about fish and birds. There was a 4.4 magnitude earthquake that morning in Guy Arkansas. One county over. The largest of a swarm of around 500 earthquakes which started in September. It has been suggested that the earthquake are as a result of the fracking process used in natural gas drilling. Geologists admit the looking into salt-water disposal which could be cause the swarm of earthquakes.

articles.cnn.com...:US

But that wasn't the only event that day in Arkansas. There was a tornado. Around the dinner hour, a line of storms passed through the area. This meant there was water rushing into the system. This could have stirred up sediments and release gas trapped in the silt at the bottom. The bottom, where fish like drum school. The birds were not flying at 10:3d0-11:00pm at night. They were in the their roost. But what was the last thing they would have done before they went to bed for the night? They would have had a drink of water.

What do we used to use to detect methane in mines? Birds. When the birds went to roost things may have been quiet. Some of the birds could have been returning to the roost and it took them longer to get home. They would have been overshooting the roost and staggering to get there. That's how some of the birds have been described behaving. One CNN reporter found a dying bird the next day as he got on scene.

If the flock discovered that there was something deadly happening within the group they would panic. Hence the midnight flight. They were trying to escape the mass. The birds in Labarre Lousianna and in Kentucky were birds from the same flock fleeing the cause of the disorder.

This is logical and there is evidence to suggest a pattern of water contamination by the Oil & Gas Company. That's the common link. Water. The gas company forces waste water deep underground which is know to cause earthquakes. The fish and birds need clean water to live. Both live in large groups and therefore they are more noticable and were likely directly affected by the contamination. I'm sure there's other animals which may have died as a result but they wouldn't be found in such large numbers. It's not like there's much bio diversity left. Drum is considered a lesser fish so there is little demand and therefor they are plentiful. And starlings are so numerous they are considered pests. Of course there were other types of blackbirds flocking together. That's what they do. Something make them sick and they scattered in panic. It wasn't hail or another weather event. These birds were supposed to be roosting and the storms had passed. It wasn't fireworks. Otherwise this sort of thing would be happening all over the place. Beebe Arkansas is not the only place with starlings and shoots off fireworks on New Year's Eve. Everything is connected.

It started with the earthquakes that began in September. New Year's Eve there was the largest yet. Later that day a severe storm blew through and dumped rain. In the aftermath we find dead fish and dead birds.

Check out my thread where I have more information.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The answer is what's most probable. And what's most probable is what's happened in our recorded history. And what's recorded in our history is that oil companies kill lots of birds and fish.

I'm right. It was contamination of the aquifer. Either methane or carbon dioxide was release when there was a rupture. The gases migrated as a result of salt-water disposal and/or the fracking of the shale.

Methane getting into the aquifer is not science fiction. It's fact.

One last edit. I wanted to also say that it is scienfic fact that gas clouds have killed in the past. Bison have died in Yellowstone when CO2 condense in a valley where they were sleeping for the night. A warm air mass trapped cooler air below. Also there is Lake Nyos where a rupture under a crater lake released CO2 gas in 1986. It killed many people in the area as the gas crept down the old volcano and into the valley.

Birds would be vulnerable to gas coming off the water. The birds breast were damaged. Probably damaged as they struggled for breath and as they fluttered madly in a convulsion.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 4-1-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

Also, all these event took place ontop of the Fayetteville Shale Play Formation. It's a band of natural gas deposits that are drilled and gas is extracted using water in the fracking process. There is drilling in the areas of the fish kills and drilling near Beebe where the bird kills occured. There is also a Fracking Reclaimation Company that recylces the chemicals used in the drilling process. Residents in nearby towns have voiced objections to an expansion and complain about the gases and odors give off by the plant.

I wish someone would post a map showing the locations, along with gas drilling and the swarm and the Fayetteville Shale Formation. It's fairly obvious when you see it on a map and the relationships involved.

edit on 4-1-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by gateway30

end of days.....

I don't know 'bout that but this is the end of my day though.
Have a great night and see ya on the flip side.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daughter2
Here in Chicago, the local news just said all the conspiracy sites are saying it was caused by aliens.

Just another way to discredit sites like these. There are MANY different theories - many rational and logical.

Hahaha you very, very funny Chicago! I haven't seen that yet here and we are like almost 40 pages in. Nice try on their part though . . . oh don't LOOK at the scary tin foil hat people they think space aliens did it! Or I don't know maybe my hat slipped down and I missed that post.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

nite bro....

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmv7766
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this as I have not read all replies... But what about a microburst? If its powerful enough to take down airliners then I'd imagine a microburst could instantly slam thousands of birds downwards, most likey all the way into the ground, causing physical trauma to all and death to most.

Again, I haven't read all replies so I'm not sure if that was mentioned before.
edit on 3-1-2011 by wmv7766 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-1-2011 by wmv7766 because: (no reason given)

Explain what this is and what your theory is? Really I am not being a jerk, I don't know.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger

Originally posted by pinchanze
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

Hey darkpassenger!

You might want to go back to school and get a little more educated. Blackbirds migrate at night. Sometimes for hundreds of miles,especially when the weather changes in the area their in. Large-eyed birds migrate at night also. You know...Ducks. Arkansas is a major flyway for these birds. Sorry I butted into YOUR conversation but I suggest before you start calling someone a troll you might want to know what your talking about first. How DO southerners talk or write? I'm not sure if that was an insult or a compliment. It does'nt matter but you better do some more reading.

I don't know where you're at, but the blackbirds around here all roost at night. You might want to pull your nose out of the books and actually go out and look at some once in a while; any idiot can write a book. Along with that, blackbird migrations are generally done by this time of year. Add to that that the fish kill was south of Beebe, so I can't see them going south to eat and get poisoned and then all coming together back north of there to die.

Hey darkangel!

I'm from around the Mingo wildlife refuge area in Missouri. I was watching and killing birds and animals before you were created We are not talking about your blackbirds in Florida. The word "generally" leaves a chance for "possibly". I thought since you have the tendancy to cut down peoples intellect on this thread, I'd give you some back boy! Get your head out of your arse and you might learn something. Oh yea! You never answered my question about how southerners type or write. Are we not allowed to have good or fair grammatical skills. I think you caught a little of what I'm talking about from a guy a few posts back. Hey everybody! The fish kill had nothing to do with these birds dying.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBirdisDone

A microburst is a sudden burst of downward wind that can reach almost 200MPH and has crashed many planes in history. Microburts tend to go all the way from point of origin to the ground. It can occur in wet and dry weather. I'm not expert and that's really all I know. Here is the wikipedia page: en.wikipedia.org...

A microburst combined with birds startled from fireworks can be a perfect storm for death.

It still wouldn't explain the multiple locations across the globe... Very weird times we live in.
edit on 4-1-2011 by wmv7766 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
If anyone else watched Letterman tonight...he had quite the joke about those poor birds. He said that Sarah Palin was in the area and took some shots. Also...he said 1000 when they have over 5000 confirmed. I do not know if this is of any importance however, it is always interesting to hear and see the people in media react to things. Especially when as of yet there is no definitive answer to why...and how this could have happened.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
CNN is reporting that surviving black birds are acting strangely and dying. You can throw airships,weather, and fireworks out of the possibilities.
That leaves an environmental cause.

edit on 4-1-2011 by The Undertaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
UPDATE
The thousands of birds that fell from the sky just before midnight New Year's Eve in Arkansas likely died from massive trauma, according to a preliminary report released Monday.

The birds, most of which were dead when they were found, were red-winged blackbirds and starlings. They were found within a one-mile area of Beebe, about 40 miles northeast of Little Rock, the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission said.

Keith Stephens, a spokesman for the commission, said the birds showed evidence of trauma in the breast tissue, with blood clots in the body cavity and a lot of internal bleeding. All major organs were normal.

He cited a preliminary report conducted by the Arkansas Livestock and Poultry Commission.
Dead birds fall from sky
Bird deaths puzzle Arkansas residents
No signs of disease found in birds