It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1000+ birds dropped dead from the sky.

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Not sure if it has been mentioned yet, and not very exotic - but what about pig farming? Large factory pig farms are huge polluters (manure and offal which can, and does often, run into various water systems.) And there are many of these in the Southern US.

Besides the direct pollution, it in turn can cause an explosion of parasites, bacteria, etc, which can kill fish and birds.

And this could be confined to some species rather than all - as some might be able to withstand it, some others might be particularly vulnerable.

Google pig farming and pollution. There's tons of info, to much to list.

Just one article, here - with references to other info (not for the faint of heart)
Big factory pig farms are some of America's worst polluters

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
H2N2? I just can't get the idea of a hemoragic fever out of my mind. Either that or a lawn chemical ingested as a flock and they all fell ill at the same time. But Fish and Feathers ruled out poisoning so I don't know..

Cloaked Airship on manuevers?

Earth shattering boomers? You know the ones.. Flash---Kabooooom..

Just not the first please...

link   
someone just started a thread about blackbirds dying in la.
edit on 3-1-2011 by gateway30 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by quantum_flux
Looks like it's only blackbirds within a 1 mile radius that took the plunge, must have been a flock of them getting hit by hail or a monstrous firework of some sort. It's not like this is something that occurred over an extended period of time, and it's also not like multiple kinds of birds are falling out of the sky either, but rather a huge single flock. What puzzles me is that birds don't generally fly at night though, right?

True, they don't typically fly at night, they are usualy roosting in trees. Probably the fireworks that spooked them in all honesty, but what caused the death? I don't think even the largest of fireworks spread out for a 1 mile radius do they?
Can anyone confirm that any fireworks spread out over that distance, and at the typical altitude that those birds would be flying at?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Uh oh, I just thought of something... What food source do the birds and fish have in common? My guess is Mosquitos......

Or,,,,,Toxic chemicals in the fireworks. Bit of a stretch I know, but crikey.
edit on 3-1-2011 by The Undertaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeeon

True, they don't typically fly at night, they are usualy roosting in trees. Probably the fireworks that spooked them in all honesty, but what caused the death? I don't think even the largest of fireworks spread out for a 1 mile radius do they?
Can anyone confirm that any fireworks spread out over that distance, and at the typical altitude that those birds would be flying at?

The firework would certainly have to have been atomic, good point. So perhaps high altitude hail then. I'm curious as to what time they went down exactly, were there any witnesses to the event within the 1 mile radius?
edit on 3-1-2011 by quantum_flux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Undertaker
Uh oh, I just thought of something... What food source do the birds and fish have in common? My guess is Mosquitos......

That is an excellent observation. Do we know for sure that blackbirds eat mosquitos? I thought they typically fed on corn and such...

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by The Undertaker

definitely going to get some off!

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
There has no been a small die off in northern louisana (500) maybe this thread should be combined like the earthquake threads just a idea

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
They bathe and drink in standing water and that's where mosquito eggs lie.. Although the recent cold temps have me puzzled. Eggs lie dormant and viable don't they? And this happened in a relatively mild area of the country.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
It's been stated numerous times the birds had empty stomachs. www.agfc.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by zeeon

Here about what they eat

The Red-winged Blackbird is omnivorous. It feeds primarily on plant materials, including seeds from weeds and waste grain such as corn and rice, but about a quarter of its diet consists of insects and other small animals, and considerably more so during breeding season.[15] It prefers insects, such as dragonflies, damselflies, butterflies, moths, and flies, but also consumes snails, frogs, eggs, carrion, worms, spiders, mollusks. The Red-winged Blackbird forages for insects by picking them from plants, or by catching them in flight.[9] In season, it eats blueberries, blackberries, and other fruit. These birds can be lured to backyard bird feeders by bread and seed mixtures and suet. In late summer and in autumn, the Red-winged Blackbird will feed in open fields, mixed with grackles, cowbirds, and starlings in flocks which can number in the thousands.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Empty of water?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

LABARRE, La. - Around 500 dead blackbirds and starlings have been found in Pointe Coupee Parish, according to state wildlife officials.

The birds were spotted lying in roads and ditches near Labarre Elementary School. The community is between Morganza and New Roads on Highway 10.

www.wbrz.com...

This is getting very strange now....

And I don't consider 500 to be small. Sorry. That is a lot of birds.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Here's another idea.. Is Coreexit finally moving up the food chain to noticable levels? If that's the case then this is just the beginning..

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by BodineWard
reply to post by Human_Alien

The Pine Bluff Arsenal, which houses a good portion of the nations nerve gas, is around a couple hundred miles to the southwest. Could some of this leaked?

Obviously you're not too familiar with my posts

I'll take any one of the conspiratorial theories before I would (as someone so amusingly put it) Occam Razor theories.
But as far as an accidental like leak, no. Because it raises the question (for the billionth time) why just a specific group of birds?

I was wondering if these birds can be the off-spring (second generation) of the Gulf of Mexico disaster. And all lived to a certain age then the toxins just did them in, in a pandemic kinda way?

I am still being pulled to the HAARP explanation although it doesn't cover all aspects. Like, why in different states now? But it does help to answer, why just a certain group of bird all at the same time though.

Hey, is anything relevant happening in the world that I should know about seeing I've been on this one thread for 7 hours now?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Well the new drop in New Roads is starlings and blackbirds no longer staying in one group

edit on 3-1-2011 by piercebitchone because: second line

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by zeeon

Hit a cloaked UFO? Now that's crazy-talk and we will have none of that here.

What we need is a Bird-Whisperer to interview the surviving birds, report back here so we can put an end to this insanity!

(UFO, eh? I like !!!!) (..)

link   
reply to post by piercebitchone

maybe this is a precursor to project blue-beam , where they make everyone believe Jesus came back, maybe they are going to make all these biblical signs happen , then the big light show. just another theory.

link   
reply to post by neowakko

speaking of strange this is an odd video..skips around but person does have something to say about
recent experiences concerning a storm and boom sounds. It really is somewhat interesting.

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join