It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1000+ birds dropped dead from the sky.

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by VI0811

This is starting to sound more like the film ' The Core'...

I really hope not because I do not think Unobtainium is actually real..

Regards

PDUK

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by aivlas
reply to post by Human_Alien

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 3-1-2011 by aivlas because: fixed link

Have no idea what you're linking this to.......................

Originally posted by karen61057

Solar flares in close proximity to Arkansas? Wouldnt that also be close proximity to all the rest of the US as well? Considering the 96 millions miles between us and the sun I dont think that a solar flare could be said to affect just a small section of the planet. There is no focus to a solar flare. When they affect us at all it is widespread not focused on one small town in one small state.

And have no idea why this is addressed to me.

Yeah, I see a whole other demographic of posters joining us. Well, it was fun while it lasted!

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Red-winged Blackbird Migration

Red winged blackbirds begin their migration in late summer, sometimes as early as the end of August. The females often begin their migration earlier than the males and also return later. Males return to the nesting grounds early, sometimes arriving before the ice has completely thawed, and are often regarded as one of the first signs of spring. Migration occurs in large flocks, which travel only during the day.

They certainly do flock in their migrations, they are solitary afterwards.
Source

edit on 3-1-2011 by Gradius Maximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
double

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by aivlas

Our town just loves to put on fireworks. There are two locations within walking distance from my house where they shoot these things off on a regular basis and as soon as I hear the very very loud boom I run outside to see where they are shooting them off from. Fireworks make very loud booms.

link   

Click the link it will take you to the post with the link you are asking for and read the articles spelling mistakes abound.

Would you like me to send you a quote tree so you can understand?

Edit - one of the spelling mistakes in these articles.

"It's completely indescribable how many birds were here. I've never been anything like it," said Melissa Weatherly, a Beebe resident.

edit on 3-1-2011 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

I've never been anything like it?

edit on 3-1-2011 by aivlas because: spelling

link   
Here is evidence for the plant radiation theory please reply

Following a large dose of whole body x-radiation, a disease syndrome
occurs which has certain characteristics common to most species. The
signs and symptoms of the radiation syndrome have been amply reviewed by many authors." The most pronounced derangement is a
hemorrhagic diathesis which occurs to a major or minor extent and
results in a diminished blood volume. Severe damage to major organs
may result from extravasation of blood into or around these organs.
Accompanying this bleeding tendency is a pan-hematopenia secondary
to the destruction of the formed elements of the blood and the relative
aplasia of the bone marrow. Associated with damage to the reticuloendothelial system, humoral antibody response to bacterial antigens
is markedly diminished following certain doses of x-radiation.5 These
factors suggest that the integrity of the barriers to bacterial infection
is lost after large doses of x-radiation and that bacterial infection is an
important element in the morbidity and mortality of the acute radiation syndrome.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
0036.pdf" target="_blank" class="postlink">www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Isn't this the samething in the bird necropsy?
brings us back to my plant theory
Also the species of birds found dead are knoen to flock in this region at this time of year for feeding purposes.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Gradius Maximus

Ok now google redwing black bird. Not the same bird and these do flock.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Could this be from the gas fracturing going on? The Fayettesville Shale formation is being fractured for gas using hydrofluoric acid.

Both events are in the region, close enough together that a river/aquafer-originating cloud of gas could suffocate sensative fish and birds.

lingo.cast.uark.edu...
edit on 3-1-2011 by masterofnone because: typo

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Boil Order in Pine Bluff

Wonder when they'll start passing out the face-masks.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

Actually, effects can be localised, however, given that it happened at night, when Arkansas was facing away from the Sun, it is unlikely the cause. If it was a change in the EMF then it would be more likely to be an earthquake, that happened, or due to happen that caused the change.

The only other thing that can affect the EMF on the darkside of the Earth is x-ray and / or gamma ray bursts from a magnetar (a type of neutron star), and these are located a long way away (40,000+ light years) in our galaxy.
edit on 3/1/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Hello, I knew someone would start a thread on this.

I've been interested in this story because there has been swarms of earthquakes in Arkansas since September. I've developed a hypothesis and posted my findings. The fish and birds kills are within a 125 radius and the earthquakes are dead center. It's fracking. Gas migration. Go here to read more.

Ignore my rant at the top of the page and start where I talk about the earthquakes. Someone just wrote about the Fayetteville Shale. I provide links that show that all three events are in a line and are ontop of the natural gas field.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by neowakko

I just now joined only to share a bird story and have no idea if it is in anyway related to Arkansas.....I live in Tulsa...my friend has been feeding birds for over 20 years at her house....on Christmas she noticed that her bird feeder had not been touched in 3 days and there were no birds in the trees......she said she knew something very unusual must be going on....her birds are back...but she said they were gone for over week...just thought I would share....I love reading this place...my first and probably only comment....

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I am not sure if this has been covered yet,so apologize in advance
similar event happened about two years ago (January to note :puz
in New Jersey:

"Several hundred poisoned animals. I saw what looked like in the evening a sea of birds, saw them stuck in my car windshield and on top of the roof," described Andrea Kepic. Ray Kiveris is still picking them up; he's already collected over 200 in his yard. He said it started Friday night when dead birds began falling from the sky. "Started freaking out and we went out and started searching and they were all over the place. It's surreal, I've never seen anything like it," he sai

Source

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

You need to know that Exxon has $30 billion in it!

You bet this is it!

arkansasnews.com...

Fayettesville Shale link:

lingo.cast.uark.edu...
edit on 3-1-2011 by masterofnone because: fix link

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
We may have an answer .

Thousands of birds that fell dead from the sky on New Year's Eve in the US most likely died after they were frightened by loud noises, a bird expert says.
news.ninemsn.com.au...

Residents in Beebe, Arkansas were alarmed when blackbirds began dropping from the sky shortly before midnight on New Year's Eve, mysteriously piling up on homes and gardens.

A state ornithologist has found the redwing blackbirds suffered trauma injuries indicating they had flown into something, USA Today reports.

"The birds obviously hit something very hard and had hemorrhages," Arkansas Game and Fish Commission ornithologist Karen Rowe said.

The state is also testing the birds to see if they were killed by chemicals or diseases.

Ms Rowe said those in the neighbourhood heard around 12 loud booming noises on New Year's Eve.

"They reported it sounding like a cannon on transformer exploding," she said.

State veterinarian George Badley said a resident saw a huge flock of frantic birds when he went outside to investigate the noises.

"He could hear the blackbirds fluttering around — he could hear their wings and he could hear them hitting into things," Badley said.

Blackbirds have poor night vision and they were likely killed because they banged into houses and trees in their fright.

Just for you Human_Alien as you don't seem able to work it out yourself

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Black_Fox

Really 2012? Guess so. Apparently in the 21st century all roads no longer lead to Rome they lead to Machu Picchu.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I've started a thread about my own theory, which is possibly capable to explain all these... or not.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

Let's think about the birds and a possible methane or some other gas problem and why it just killed them.

I don't like in Arkansas...but where I do live, these black birds all roost together in large groups in trees. There aren't robins and cardinals and blue jays, etc with them in these roosting trees. This occurred at 1130 pm so wouldn't all the black birds be fast asleep in their roosting trees? If the gas leak was just in the area of a few of their roosting trees, couldn't they have awakened and dropped in a confined area? Where I live, the black birds would be in a 3-4 block area in a neighborhood. Couldn't this account for one species only??? They roost together and the gas was confined to that area?

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join