It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1000+ birds dropped dead from the sky.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ETSubmariner

This Manitoban thinks that this is fiction ----100% of readers think this story is Fact. Add your two cents.

What kind of a web site is that anyways, lol. No birds dead here, All is well. On with the motley.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
for the lightning theory what was the weather report, nothing has been said to date as far as is known...
They don't have a clue what happened. 1000 birds across a 1 mile area is a large killzone.
I can't help remembering that movie SIGNS where the news talked about a cloaked UFO killing birds by them ramming into it.

Birds have also been known to smash into windows on skyscrapers which is why they put the white X tape on the windows of dark or lit empty buildings.

birds do have small lungs but this isn't a canary in a mineshaft, this was outdoors in OPEN air, lots of open air... It's hard to believe they were overcome by any sort of fume or natural gas... There is some phenomena at work here, human or artificial.

I also wanted to add another movie bit. Before 9-11 i couldn't imagine any type of real disaster such as the World Trade Centers completely crashing down, but since then movies are closer to a plausible reality than ever, so even the most far fetched concepts and storys are closer to reality now...
edit on 1/3/2011 by Brainiac because: more info added.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
These are known as tricolour blackbirds, we don't have them in the UK.

I know some things you can certainly rule OUT as a cause of this:

1. Airplane birdstrike, if a plane has caused this, the pilot would have reported hitting birds and would probably have suffered some damage to the plane.

2. Lightening, if it was lightening, the birds feathers would have been badly scorched, feathers are highly flamable due to them being covered in a thin layer of oil.

3: Earthquake or seismic activity, this would have been felt and reported by humans on the ground.

4: Tornado, there were no reported bad weather conditions before this event happend.

I don't know if the fish & birds could be related, I've been thinking, if it was something to do with the river, then surely other animals that would frequent the river would also be effected? Foxes, coyote, rats, voles, allsorts of other life that would visit and swim in the river water would also be dying in droves, surely? The only way this would have been possible is that whatever killed the fish happened at exactly the same time as the birds were around the river, then disipated, leaving no trace behind to show what had happened, or harm anything else. Perhaps there is a chemical that can enter water, kill fish, then vanish before a trace can be found? It could have been by sheer fluke that the birds were hit by the same thing? With it being running water, whatever went into the river, would have killed things for many, many miles, more than 20 I'm sure of it.

From what I can find out online, the drum fish is primarly a bottom feeder, and was the worst hit in the fish kill, so this makes it more likely that what killed the fish, entered from the riverbed or from perhaps a pipe or other point of entry close to the riverbed, rather than something at the surface poured or tipped into the water, which would have hit fish closer to the surface. It is also possible that this is a toxin that the fish ate, rather than swam through. So perhaps a parasite, or a poison that is deadly when consumed? I don't know, something's not right at all. Did the birds feed on the dead fish and ingest whatever it was from them like that? I am starting to think that this is something that kills when eaten, not on contact. Some chemicals are perfectly safe externally, but when consumed internally, they are lethal.

I touched on a parasite in that bit too, but I don't know, surely a parasite would make things ill before killing them, it wouldn't kill them suddenly I don't think.

With this incedent being birds, the point where whatever killed them accessed them could have been hundreds of miles from where they fell from the sky dead, it might have absolutly nothing to do with the river at all. They could have been hit by a chemical entering the sky from a chemical plant many miles from there, and the chemical took a while to kill them, allowing them to travel miles before their death, then effected them all at a simlar time, causing them to fall in the same area.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Thousands of Blackbirds

a reliable source confirmed that the deaths of the birds and fish were the result of an ongoing race war in the animal kingdom. the black birds attacked first, killing over 100,000 drum fish (a vital food source for larger white birds in the area.) when word of the killings got to the white birds, they planned a swift and surprise ambush/attack, killing over 1,000 black birds. lines are being drawn, and battles are being plotted. it looks like the colored animals have finally had enough of the racism and abuse. why do white polar bears sell coca cola, and black bears are being shot at by sarah palin? why do white doves fly freely in weddings and dreams, and black crows are only invited to funerals and road kill? why are black rats always running the streets eating garbage, and white rats in comfortable and clean labs with access to the best drugs? violence is never the answer, and this is never how one would want to start the new year. my heart goes out to all killed by the violence. i just pray and hope that the zebra, panda, and penguin mediators get together quickly and make an agreement within the animal kingdom to end the racism and stop the killings.

Sorry, had to post this.
please continue

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
1000 s of fish just repoted dead about 150 miles from the birds
so myu gueas is harp
the news even mentiond how only conspiracy theorist connected the two incidents
rofl

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Wooaaaah check this out, I am half way thru watching the movie Signs and at the 48 minute 15 seconds mark there is a very interesting sequence...basically the Alien Craft disappear from visibility and a bird crashes into the cloaked ship and falls to the ground dead.

Talk about a deja vu moment .

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Not nice for the birds but for Christians it does say a lot. For those who know about typo's... and it was not only birds but even a lot of fish died in the same state. If you know what the Scripture tells us about the birds and the fish... you would be very happy!!!

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
It's strange that this bottom dwelling fish was the only species to be wiped out. That leaves out pollutants as there would be shores lined with other dead fish. Is this the only fish indigenous to this river area?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Mhhh, i wounder if there were chem-trails in the sky and if so did the birds fly in it, if thats what did it, then what was in those chem-trails?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
A few years back, a whole heap of pigeons fell from the sky into the Port river here. An investigation revealed that they had been poisoned by a company in the area as a means of pest control.

Thought I'd mention it as it may be a possibility.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
It´s gettin creepy:
Hundreds of Thousands of Dead Fish Found in Arkansas River - The region with the dead fish is about 125 miles west of Beebe, Arkansas where 5,000 birds fell dead from the sky.

www.sciencenewsblog.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Many interesting theories, some quite wild. I'll be waiting to see. The official media statement was of course "oh, it was probably the new year's rockets", and that will pan it, mainstream will forget. We won't.

Why do the turtles hatch at the same time?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ckno1

Just looking on Google Earth at Arkansas, is that the river I see that runs between Fort Smith and Van Buren? Going by the topography, it seems the river would run in the direction towards Beebe.

Maybe the birds drank water that came from the river?

edit on 3/1/11 by NuclearPaul because: typo

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ETSubmariner
Someone posted about 10k+-ish birds dead in Manitoba Canada.

Manitoba Bird Death

Local reports have circulated that an extremely virulent strain of bird flu has infected both wild and farm birds.

Wonder if they're going to introduce a new vaccine to "save" us?

Will be interesting to see if these bird deaths continue.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

Wouldn't avian flu cause sporadic bird deaths effecting many species though? I doubt even a virus could cause an entire flock to fall from the sky at the same time, in the same place. It would be more likely the birds would die slower, on the ground, rather than mid air all at once. I have been thinking more on this over the course of the morning and I honestly think this is some kind of man-made thing. It's some type of toxin or gas, released by humans, that has caused this to happen. Birds have very sensitive respiritory systems, and are usualy effected by airborne toxins even before humans are. This is why canaries were used in mining, if the canary died, it would give the human miners a warning to get out before they too were killed by toxic gas releases.

I am wondering if this could have been caused by some kind of exhaust emissions from some kind of aircraft, perhaps one of those top secret millitary prototypes you often read about on here. UFOs are also a possibility of course, but if that was so, then wouldn't UFO sightings have been reported from the area?, someone would probably have spotted the UFO or aircraft.

It had to be something airborne I think, or as I said in my previous post, something related to the river that is harmful when eaten, passed to the birds after they consumed the dead fish.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I reckon it could have just been a new years eve fire work that detonated in the middle of the flock stunning or killing the birds through a heart attack brought on by sever shock. Just my two pence.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by neowakko

I am not an expert in fish or birds by any means, but Slow Turtle, a great medicine man of the Wampanoags once told me that if you want to know what is going to happens watch the animals. I don't have the feeling that this is a secret military project - there are many of those, but the events with the birds and drumfish I believe are more connected to the Earth's magnetic field shifts.
Is it possible that the Drum fish and the blackbirds are more susceptible to trauma from strong vibrational shifts?

The drum earned part of its Latin name, "grunniens" (meaning "grunting"), by its odd grunting noises, which are produced by a special set of muscles located in the body cavity that vibrates against the swim bladder. The purpose of the noise is unknown, but only mature males develop the structure (by the time they reach three years of age), suggesting that it is most likely related to spawning. Drums also may croak like bullfrogs when removed from the water, and scientists still don't know if the croaking noise is generated in the same way.

seagrant.wisc.edu..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Fresh water Drum

Blackbirds are known as a "noisy" bird:

Text"Red-wing songs are short, varying from 4/5 to 1 3/5 seconds. The range of pitch, however, is great, from A' to G'''. Individual songs are very variable in range of pitch, from half a tone to 8 1/2 tones. The commonest range, and about the average is 3 1/2 tones; 20 of my records have this range; 10 other records range the 6 tones of a full octave, and 10 more range over an octave. Songs with the greater ranges have 4 to 6 notes before the trill.

birdsbybent.netfirms.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">BirsbyBent

In recording the vibration frequencies of passerine song, Albert R. Brand (1938) found that the highest note in the song of the eastern redwing had a frequency of 4,375 vibrations per second, the lowest note 1,450, with an approximate mean of 2,925 vibrations per second.

Does the ability these two species have to produce sound also make them more vulnerable to vibrational and magnetic fluctuations?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I haven't read all the posts to this story, but this is about 1 1/2 hours west of me here in Memphis, TN. Saw it on the local news yesterday morning. Really creepy. I also found the reactions of some being interviewed by the press. Very nonchalant, very little emotion. Really weird. Thanks for the thread I was hoping someone would start this. I'll let you all know if I hear of anything else locally.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ETSubmariner
Someone posted about 10k+-ish birds dead in Manitoba Canada.

Manitoba Bird Death

Bird flu?

Local reports have circulated that an extremely virulent strain of bird flu has infected both wild and farm birds.
______beforeitsnews/story/336/601/10,000s_of_Birds_found_dead_in_Manitoba.html

Who else saw that coming?
Plum Island anyone???

Bend over cause I see mandated inoculations right around the corner and.....we're gonna get screwed either way.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

State ornithologist Karen Rowe said the birds showed physical trauma
www.latimes.com...

What does that mean and why wasn't that expounded on?

If birds fall, isn't it a safe assumption that there would be broken wings? So is that what is meant by 'physical trauma'?

And I also find it rather strange that they're ruling out a connection between the thousands of birds and thousands of fish dying in Arkansas.
How do they know that without testing? And if they DON'T know that then, why say anything at all? Why not just keep the two stories separate and us, stupid?

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join