It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1000+ birds dropped dead from the sky.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
We can learn alot from our animal kingdom

Do not drink and fly

Do not drink and swim

Important: Do not drink then fly or swim near fireworks especially on New Year Eve

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by christian28

fish , blackbirds , bats , and now this?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by christian28
"Wildlife rescuers from San Diego to San Francisco suddenly are facing a distressing biological mystery: Disoriented and bruised California brown pelicans are landing on highways and airport runways and in farm fields, alleys and backyards miles from their normal coastal haunts." Actually hundreds of Pelican deaths are being reported from Washington to San Diego. The birds are disoriented and going in circles. If you have ever seen these beautiful birds flying in formation over the ocean you are probably as distressed as I am.

Source that for us, please.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Ok. Then maybe the birds had a disease, dropped their droppings in the river and the fish somehow got it?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I'm from the Ozark mountains. I've seen things like this before but not in those numbers. Hell, I've seen and heard things that would make you wanna pee your pants. Look up Piedmont Missouri. Clearwater Lake ufo's. Oh maybe 1973 or 74. I've seen beams of light come right out of the sky as I was walking from a cousins house or cuttin through the woods. White things the shape of softballs or larger moving through the woods. Voices, like indian voices. I've had things run passed me real fast while walking through the woods...not animals. The russel of equipment,like soldiers walking. This occured by my cousins house near a road used by the union forces while cutting through a set of woods from my great aunts to my 2nd cousins house at night. Sorry OP for ramblin. There aint much that surprises me

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger

"Wildlife rescuers from San Diego to San Francisco suddenly are facing a distressing biological mystery: Disoriented and bruised California brown pelicans are landing on highways and airport runways and in farm fields, alleys and backyards miles from their normal coastal haunts." Actually hundreds of Pelican deaths are being reported from Washington to San Diego. The birds are disoriented and going in circles. If you have ever seen these beautiful birds flying in formation over the ocean you are probably as distressed as I am.

Source that for us, please.

that was back in 2009
source

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by sliceNodice

Also, 1000+ birds to get hit by lightning is impossible. It's just beyond ridiculous.

With a large, high density flock of birds I could imagine the lightening effecting them as a collective, being in all as they were probably close to one another.

physical trauma ???

I suppose the biggest clue as to what happened to the birds could best be discovered with a necropsy being performed on a sample of the birds. Lightning would have its own distinctive pattern of tissue damage .

Also anything getting stunned in the air even if they survived the lightening strike, would not survive the fall whilst incapacitated .

It doesn`t seem so implausible to me sliceNodice but it certainly is intriguing.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

If this is not a current situation, you should be honest in saying so instead of coming across as an alarmist and exaggerator. You should make this clear and you should also give link to your source.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by gateway30

This local report said a duck was also involved,in addition to the blackbirds.

www.todaysthv.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by GirlGenius
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

I never said they were. They might have been just the lucky birds passing through at the time.

edit on 2-1-2011 by GirlGenius because: (no reason given)

Of course not, and I never said you did.

But a methane release would kill everything in the Arkansas River, not just the drum fish, and the blackbirds would have been sheltering for the night.

We have only drum fish dead today, and blackbirds and their related cousins the starlings.

Certainly any gas that could kill the blackbirds roosting in trees near midnight New Years Eve would have killed the humans as well as other species of birds and mammals.

It just doesn't add up.

link   
reply to post by dragonlover12

so fish, blackbirds,bats and a duck?
just one duck

link   
I just heard about this from a friend and have been thinking what could have caused such a thing. What kept coming into my mind was that all these birds where flying in a flock just like they usually do, and that they flew into something they didn't see. Has the military achieved the ability to cloak a large jet or something more advanced? I didn't read many of the other posts, so someone else already thought of this... Have they done autopsies to determine the possible causes? If they had flown into something, they would have broken necks for example. Another mystery to add to the ever growing pile.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Possibly, and of course I'm no expert, but I'd be surprised if a disease caused 70 bats to die at the same time and fall on the same walking path. I know the path and it is well-used, so if it were a disease wouldn't the bats have died a few at a time?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by gateway30

my thoughts exactly, but I thought throwing in that from the local news might be interesting.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

A duck was also caught in it, whatever it was. Seems like a small toxic release of some kind or some kind of oxygen deprivation.

link   

Originally posted by pinchanze
I'm from the Ozark mountains. I've seen things like this before but not in those numbers. Hell, I've seen and heard things that would make you wanna pee your pants. Look up Piedmont Missouri. Clearwater Lake ufo's. Oh maybe 1973 or 74. I've seen beams of light come right out of the sky as I was walking from a cousins house or cuttin through the woods. White things the shape of softballs or larger moving through the woods. Voices, like indian voices. I've had things run passed me real fast while walking through the woods...not animals. The russel of equipment,like soldiers walking. This occured by my cousins house near a road used by the union forces while cutting through a set of woods from my great aunts to my 2nd cousins house at night. Sorry OP for ramblin. There aint much that surprises me

Congratulations: that has nothing to do with this discussion, and I will personally nominate you for most inept poster of the year.

We are contemplating real events here. You don't even type like a southerner, troll.

link   

Originally posted by gateway30
reply to post by dragonlover12

so fish, blackbirds,bats and a duck?
just one duck

the duck maybe suffered an identity crisis...and died

link   
reply to post by notknowing

if that were the case, a] what was it doing in ark. b] did the fish fly into it also? and ps... what about the duck?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by notknowing

They could have also been injured falling to earth if they were knocked out. I'm afraid if the autopsy results are very interesting they will be "classified".

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by heataz

Possibly, and of course I'm no expert, but I'd be surprised if a disease caused 70 bats to die at the same time and fall on the same walking path. I know the path and it is well-used, so if it were a disease wouldn't the bats have died a few at a time?

I would think so - I can't imagine any scenario where so many sick animals would drop out of the sky at the same time.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join