It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woke up at night and thought THE END OF THE WORLD HAD BEGUN, got worked up into quite a panic

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I'm reading One Second After, a book about what would happen should an EMP hit America (total devastation and mass die-offs) and it's scaring the sh!t out of me.

So I wake up at night, head into the bathroom, try to turn the lights on. Nothing. What with all the doomsday predictions going on (and I probably had too much to drink) I though that THIS WAS IT, an EMP happened, and I was very close to starting a panic in the house and rushing the grocery store to stock up. You can call me paranoid, but we almost never get power outages here, and each one gets me in a small panic thinking an EMP happened.

Bottom line, seeing the street lights outside and hearing the traffic calmed me down significantly. Got to stop thinking about these doomsday scenarios and enjoy what time we may have left.

America was (and to a certain extent still is) a wonderful country to live in. We should sometimes get off ATS, turn off the Alex Jones Show, enjoy the wonderful time we are living in (even if it's a recession), and worry about various doomsday scenarios when they actually happen.

Yes, you should spend at least some time and money preparing. Read Food Bubble about how fragile our food distribution system is. Buy and learn to use a gun. But don't let this consume your life!

People in the 3rd World would kill to live in the country you're living now and (at least hypothetically) people even 100 years ago would kill to spend even ONE DAY in this highly-technological society. So bottom line, enjoy what you have while you have it.

You don't want to spend your pre-apocalypse days thinking about various apocalyptic scenarios and your post-apocalyptic days wishing you would have spent more time enjoying what you had when you had it.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I'd say turn off the Alex Jones show and never turn it back on. I felt great after about a week of getting away from that shouting, fear mongering, maniac.
Plenty of other alternative radio shows that won't yell at ya and get all worked up.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthOut3579

Just a guess here...does that book conclude with some sort of need for a 'smart grid'?

Just a guess.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
is there any documented tests with "EMPs" that you could link for us whom knows nothing about EMPs? a little data could put the "fear of god in us".... doesnt the sun bombard us with EMPs, whats the difference between the two?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Ive had weird dreams like that too..Last summer came in from gardening and took a short nap. Not even really asleep but dreamed a spaceship was hovering over our neighborhood. I was trying to get my dog away from the back door cause I was afraid they would get her. I had to make myself wake up. Seemed too real.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Too much ATS is turning you into the stereotypical Paranoid Conspiracy Nutter.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Google "Lights out" great read.

Still it is not certain an EMP will knock out everything. Most of our homes are natural faraday cages with the electrical wiresing with earth grounds, most of our cars are in metal boxes so that might mitigate a lot of damage. it would be a serious blow though so it is not to be dismissed.

Go to the grocery store now and stock up and beat the rush so you don't have to worry about when it happens. trust me you don't want to be in one when it happens. Get prepared and that will mitigate much of the panic feelings.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

like you I do get worried at times... but I have to admit, I have a spot picked out that I go to chill out (just a short walk from my home) dangling my feet in the river while letting mother nature wash some of my worries away.

We do live in a beautiful world, and it is good to remind ourselves of that fact.. This is the spot your probably find me at when the SHTF

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8f28e161700e.jpg[/atsimg]
Piddinghoe, in the Ouse Valley.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by starless and bible black

Just a guess here...does that book conclude with some sort of need for a 'smart grid'?

Just a guess.

I read the book, and no, there is no smart grid agenda. I agree with the OP though. It is a scary read. If you're aware of the potential EMP threat, or the consequences of such an attack you can't help but be scared shiftless by the thought.

Very few realize how fragile our society is. Stop a few of them cogs and the whole thing could shut down, and things would get nasty very quick.

I know people who work in the smart grid field, both hardware and software. Not one of them seem to have any idea what the potential use of the tech is. All in all!

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by strafgod

Look up operation STARFISH

www.fas.org...

Depends on altitude, magnitude, etc. A large portion of the grid could be taken out fairly easily. If that mysterious "contrail" off SoCal had been nuke tipped, even a small one, detonated a few hundred miles above the southwest region, lot's of people would still be reading by candle light.

Not to mention how fragile the grid already is.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ZombieWoof

Sometimes an agenda is implied rather than explicitly stated. Here's a video I watched a while back on 'smart meter' system. I don't mince words. I am against anything masterminded by chertoff.

Yes, 'they' are preparing for something. The only way to save their scheming butts is to put US on the defensive. I see that this OP has started two threads specifically promoting this idea.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 2-1-2011 by starless and bible black because: I have eyes to see.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   

I have done this more than once. As you describe it is terrifying and no fun at all.

Raised in Christianity and still in the religion today, my thoughts go more torward the rapture than anything else. But then I just find out if my mother in law is still here or not (since she is the ultimate authority, I am going to burn in hell for my tattoos, and surely God loves her best...
) if she is here I know it wasn't the rapture. lol

You have an excellent point in your post too. Live your life instead of constantly thinking about the end. It will come soon enough in one form or another. You may be a king or a lowly street sweeper, in the end we all dance with the reaper.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   

edit on 2-1-2011 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: Double post. Sorry

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I would just like to say-

im very glad i dont jump at every little sound, or see the sky falling with every drop of rain!

calm down bro!

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Yeah, there are lots of ways the world can fall down, here is my pick for how it could go www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
What is with the end of the world? Why does everyone and their dog think the world is coming to an end? Did I miss something? I don't see the world ending anytime soon....So where is all this coming from? I know all about the 2012 predictions and so on, but seriously, really? I don't see the end coming in this century. Humans are too young, techonology is too young, and the earth has a lot of life left in it. I can see the end of the world in 100 years, or 150 years.... but thats not in our lifetime.... So what is with everyone talking about the end of the world, like in 10 years from now it's all said and done? Spend our pre-apocalypse days doing what we want??? When do our pre-apocalypse days start? My god.... Does everyone live in fear that every day might be their last? Start living your lives people, spread some postive energy for once, you might find it's a little more fun and thinking the end of the world is near.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
We were doomed from day one my friends. The end of the world (or anything) started the moment it came into being and without destruction there is no creation.

Still....not doing bad for a ball of damp dirt hurtling through the cold void of space with no destination. I say enjoy the ride while we slowly crash and burn, you can't fight inevitability. Stocking up on food and keeping an eye out for that big brick wall can only go so far.

Yeeeee-Haaaa!

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I don't think the world will come to an end. I think life as we know it might come to an end. Myself, I do so much better when my back is to the wall. I enjoy everyday life. Often times I'll be sitting at the kitchen table typing something on my laptop and my kitty will come along and put her head against my leg. I savor those moments. Look out across the road and see the wild turkeys in a tree during a snowstorm. Or to see two bald eagles wheeling down the river. Those are times I'm glad to be alive, give thanks to my Creator for putting me on this Turtle Island that we call Earth.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I don't think the world will come to an end. I think life as we know it might come to an end. Myself, I do so much better when my back is to the wall. I enjoy everyday life. Often times I'll be sitting at the kitchen table typing something on my laptop and my kitty will come along and put her head against my leg. I savor those moments. Look out across the road and see the wild turkeys in a tree during a snowstorm. Or to see two bald eagles wheeling down the river. Those are times I'm glad to be alive, give thanks to my Creator for putting me on this Turtle Island that we call Earth.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Conspiracy? Get a grip on reality. I have gone from contributing to ATS to just lurking, now Im gonna leave altogether. I don't learn anything here anymore, just have to read idiots post everything they can under conspiracy and breaking alternative news.

Please, if anyone finds and informative, intellligent forum please let me know.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join