It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Everyone Sensitive?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

I think you are exactly right on both counts. I think yes, children are being born with extraordinary sensitivity these days. I see little babies all the time, in the stores and on the street. So bright eyed they are, and will all seeing eyes too. I also think you are right on that we are all born with the second sight. Very quickly we are "dumbed down," so to speak, and told things by our parents, "it's just your imagination," "stop doing that," "that's some imagination you have there." Almost every aspect makes a child close in on themselves, and completely forget about the things they can do, and see if they wish to. I'm sure glad I had the peace of mind, and the lack of religious dogma, coupled with the years of book learning to teach my children that they could do anything.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

I agree with your stance on this one. I also believe that everyone has the "potential", as we are only just beginning to understand the complexities of the human brain.

When I was little (I have no memory of this) and just starting to talk well, I would tell stories about "my old" family that was complete with a different mom, dad, and lots of brothers and sisters. This could be chalked up to a wild imagination though : )

A few months ago my youngest son (he is one) laid in our bed laughing, smiling, waving and pointing at nothing. I definitely wondered what he was seeing that I was not. My oldest used to do this too from time to time.

Makes you wonder when your children insist that there are monsters in the closet. Maybe they are seeing something that is out of our reach?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I was born this way. I am a sensitive but can I control it? That answer is a definite "No". However, because there are certain parts I do not like I have worked very hard at shutting them down and warding them away from me.

I first began lucid dreaming and astral projecting in the crib, I could very well have been doing this during my time in the womb but my memory of the womb is very sketchy unlike my infancy. It was the most scariest time of my life to find myself on the ceiling of the room or thrust into a world where my mind created reality so deeply that pain and pleasure were more real than ever.

Slowly over the years I managed to prevent this from occurring. I disconnected entirely as my body was beaten and my mind was tormented by my so-called parents. I disconnected because I was beginning to realize that I could manifest reality and I was not in control of it. By the time I was entering my teens I was so emotionally and sexually abused within a foster arrangement of a stranger's home that I lost touch with reality altogether. A stranger who made me call her mom and a stranger who was sick and warped was my teacher, my parent, and my guide. I only wanted to die so I began killing myself.

I spent the next 20 years killing myself to shut this off, but sadly this path too had its claws in me and the trigger in which to "turn on" was jammed open as a result. My lucid states and my projections, my voices, my visions all became too real again. I could very literally see and feel someone and then I could see things that were horrific but confusing because of the person's fears and dreams are mixed together like a soup. I could not distinguish reality from emotional dreaming.

As to where I am with my sensitivity now, I am completely isolated from people to a large extent. I rarely leave my compound and I am constantly holding on to a reality that does not exist for the majority. I am manifesting daily and I am trying so very hard to remain free of anger, resentment, pain, guilt, sadness, and hunger as these are the predominate forces that are bombarding me. I ask to be released from this but I am not only discovering that it is my burden but that most of these inputs within my psyche do not even originate from within, they are the cries of the innocent and the outbursts from others. I am only the whipping post as I always have been and so often my messages are fundamentally of a more "lifting" manner. There have been times where I sound off like a Banchee, but the relief is temporary at best, then I am riddled with my own personal feelings and realize I am only hurting myself as I lash out at others.

I am a loving soul but if you asked many around me they would not close their eyes too long for fear of what they perceive from me. This is because of another gift I have, the gift of the "Mirror".

It took me years to understand this part of myself. I am still forgetful when I am engaging it and often I am not even aware I am doing it until I am away from the situation. Simply put, I am the reflection of your soul, I am everything you are, I am you looking back at you. If a person engages me in strife I am immediately thrust into it with equal if not greater intensity. If a person engages me in openness and intelligence I am their equal by every measure. I am highly relatable as a result because I fit within the other person's persona. It really is not me they are meeting but a reflection of themselves. To a Doctor I am a healer, to a Mother I am a Nurturer, to a Criminal I am perceived as such. What usually happens is that I take things far too personally because I am so engaged, but then later realize that I really did not have any control over my behavior; I am the reflection of what you see. This is why I only surround myself with people who like themselves and are trustworthy, otherwise I am perceived as untrustworthy and not to be trusted by the likes of those who participate in such things.

I do not lie, I do not steal, I am only here to help. It is a hard path but there must be a reason to be this way. Look into my face and you will see yourself looking back at you, the real question is, what kind of person are you and are you prepared to face your demons?

When I was a child I was beaten and tortured, this child Loves still and this child has finally learned to trust some of the world around me. Faith is my Blessing and Fear is my guide. We should all be a little bit more fearful of what reality we exist in, because it will humble us and ultimately if we can humble our souls we will have found peace. As for any future Astral Projections or Lucid Dreaming, No Thank You! I am best left here in Nature where I belong.

It would be incredible if other people could put a mirror on their face, then I would see myself and say, "Hello Friend, I am so very pleased to meet you!", instead I will look in the real mirror and say, "Hello God", because that is what resides in us all.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
I am curious to see opinions on this subject.

I believe that some people are more "aware" or "sensitive" to things going on around them that a lot of people can't see or hear. I will try to explain this as best as I can. I think a lot of children experience more paranormal activity mainly because they are still at an age that society has not had enough time to condition them into closing themselves off. As we age a lot of us become aware that society says things don't exist or occur and those that can see/hear are often outcast or deemed mentally unstable.

It is acceptable for a child to have an imaginary friend. Bats in the belfry if an adult sees and talks to things that aren't there.

So I have often wondered if we all are born "seeing" and only a few hold on to it? Or if the people who experience paranormal things are single handedly chosen in some way?

What do the atser's think? Can everyone be so called "sensitive" or not? If not what do you think the criteria are for being chosen to see?

I read a post on here not to long ago that talked about Native American's, who had long hair while serving in a secret military project having increased six sense, or psychic abilities when their hair was long. When they cut their hair they lost there six sense and tracking abilities, but when they grew their hair back they regained their tracking abilities. Supposedly, your hair acts like a antenna, which in turn, increases your level of sensitivity. Check the link below

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Skip to 3:30, this guy talks about his long hair increasing his six sense (clairvoyant) abilities.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 2-1-2011 by NewAgeMystic78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I too have taught my daughter to always be open minded about things. At times her lack of reserve at 13 still startles me. But she has no fear of those things that are different or stigmatized. The conversations we have about a myriad of things makes me happy that I took the time to educate her about certain aspects of the world we reside in.

Do you feel more closely bonded to your children than you did to your own parents because of this openness?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

My children did this as well. I would try my hardest to see what it was they were so engaged in. I never could. I always asked them, but they plead the 5th.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

That seems like a lot of weight to carry.
I am glad that you have coped as well with what you have been through. This mirror ability you speak of I am sure freaks a lot of people out. My experience has shown me that there are a lot of people who think they are different than what thry actually are. To see their true colors staring back at them would shake their foundations.

Do you think this is why your parents/foster caregivers were so very cruel? I just can't imagine....

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMystic78

Ahh. A star for the link. Thanks. It's always nice to havr new information!

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMystic78

It appears this is a widely accepted belief. If I recall correctly, Samson in the bible gained extra power/strength from his hair as well.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Hey i was thinking about this today so you know when people try capturing images of ghosts they use a camera such as a polaroid? Well if they can capture images of ghosts then would it be possible for humans to have the same vision as a camera does when it captures the image? I know it might sound like science fiction but i was just thinking about this a lot today.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by enderthexenocide

If the human eye worked like a polaroid it may be possible. But maybe something could be invented in the line of 3D glasses that would convert things like that in real time so you could see it that way. A good idea if possible for sure!

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
xsome ppl r

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Destruction2012

In your opinion what makes those "some" different than others?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe

My children did this as well. I would try my hardest to see what it was they were so engaged in. I never could. I always asked them, but they plead the 5th.

Kind of creepy when you think about it! Very interesting stuff..

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Anything communicating with your child you cannot see or hear is creepy. I agree.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Everyone is connected to all that is as equally as everyone and everything else. That doesnt mean their perspectives are though. So, everyone is as "sensitive" as everyone and everything else, but if they choose differently, then their free will is fulfilled. Of course, climbing back up that mountain takes a bit more time than the initial jump off

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   

It is done in groups called a 'development circle'.Usually you will be under the guidance of a well educated mentor that deals with teaching,my mum teaches mediumship and psychic stuff.I will teach mediumship to those i feel are dedicated enough,i used to teach more than i do now.
I would recommend reading more silver birch.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join