It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Desolation is Nigh

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Catchy title isn't it? Many theist believe this is true. We can not doubt that even some non thiest hold this belief also. In many cases, we gave this scenerio many names. In most cases, this usually spells near or total destruction for the human race. Some call it the apocalypse, some call it 2012, some call it prophecy, and some call it global warming. One thing that we can not argue, be it coincidence or not, it seems to be taking place at a common focal point in time for all of us living and breathing today.

We can listen to the weather and news and see that we have not had weather this odd in many years. We understand this as cycles with the oceans that effect the weather, the warm and cold currents of the waters that determine what kind of year we will have. To have so much strange weather this close together at one point in time is almost unknown to us. Completely unknown to documented history as we know it for it to happen to close together on such a grand scale, worldwide.

Queensland braces for 30-foot flood waters

200,000 Australian homes under water

NOAA on Miami Florida: Coldest December on Record

Freak Storms across Europe

These are only a few articles, as there are SO many reports of odd weather just this past year, than we have seen all of our lives. I would be happy to provide nearly endless articles of this worldwide of record breaking oddities in our current weather, should the masses desire it. Please feel free to add your own reports and links.

We can blame this on global warming, or the seasonal currents of the earth, but how to we explain other earthly catastrophies that are not related to the currents of the oceans, the ice caps, the ozone? What about volcanoes, frequent and grand scale earth quakes occuring, all seemingly "now"? Could this be the direct effect of our solar cycle?

Forecasters keep an eye on the sun

7.0 Hits Argentina

We know that if you take a nail or wire and hold a flame just a ways from it, it will pick up the radiated heat. Does the earth core, being solid iron, act this way as well? Could the sun's 11 year solar max be heating up the core of the earth slightly so that the icecaps melt and drift, the weather is effected, and the molten magma heating the rest of the earth to where is seeps easily against the pressures of the earth? This could mean that the sun is also directly responcible for the current plague of massive quakes we are getting around the earth.

"The latest prediction looks at around midway 2013 as being the maximum phase of the solar cycle," said Joe Kunches of NASA's Space Weather Prediction Center.

But there is a prolonged period of high activity, "more like a season, lasting about two and a half years," either side of the peak, he cautioned.

But as they say, the solar max wont be till middle 2013, meaning, we're just at the door.... the calm before the storm. If this is the calm, the start of the 2 year period before the max, what troubles are before the peoples of the earth?

I can't be one to say that the Mayan's had it right, but what if they knew something? What if what they left behind was their way of saying that they knew what the sun was about, they lived their lives around it, and they wanted to warn the world about something they knew as dreadful was going to happen again? A conjuction of cycles, perhaps?

If this is too far fetched, then what about prophecy? Are we being warned for destruction on such a scale that it could destroy the human race as we know it? Is it at all possible, that so many coinsedences could actualy be more than just that? If we can not accept that these happenings are due to anything other than meer coincedence, perhaps that alone should push us to look deeper into what is taking place. If we sense a storm comming, perhaps it's time to prepare for it and take in the sheets.

or... maybe it's nothing. We can only hope.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Even if the end was coming there would be nothing we could do to stop it. I think it's kind of funny how there are so many apocalyptic threads but hey...were still here. Even WWII which killed the most people in human history wasn't the end of the world. So if the end of the world is near it will be out of our control- I say put your faith in Jesus Christ and pray for the best.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Its not really about prophecys or predictions anymore,because everyone who informs himself trough the Internet (and i mean Information based on Facts) can see that the Global Ecconomy is about to collapse,that this Weather isnt normal anymore...and all those Earthquakes lately causes some concern too...

Humanity wont be wiped out,juts get decimated a little...or alot,well see

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
The latest crazyness is the animal deaths around the globe.

Google Mapped It

This is pretty amaizing for so many at once, world wide.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by freedish

The sad thing is that we were meant to use the teachings of Jesus here on earth and most of us did not.

Hello, are we thick?

Yes.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by freedish

it was the end of the for them that knew it before the war, maps towns people all dead dieing or killed during the war,what about the 2 bombs dropped on japan was it not the end of the world for them? yes the world as a hole did not end nor will it this time, it will end as we know it is now, for it will all change,and not for the better. the north will become the south, summer winter winter summer-temps weather can you see 70 Deg in December, 30 Deg in July -August , money ???mark of beast -bank account/ card number , a days pay for a loaf of bread. so you think things are bad now???

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

the time has past for that we that know know they that do not it is to late for they can only save them self, if they seek let them hear, if they say, "were is your lord say", "with me".if they say "let us see him save you" say "he has" faith of a mustered seed can move a mountain, have faith!!!!!

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Well, here's another one to add to the list. Can you spell Phosgene? Our lovely govt is poisoning us deadly along with the fishes and the birds. They got the stuff from Iraq and have been using it on everyone and all the environment since then. It causes bronchitis like symptoms and they are using it in chemtrails. So if you have a bit of a cough, get some codeine medicine FAST!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I wish to expand upon the OP and use a more widely belief. I will add more later on, with diffrent common/non common views.

I'll dedicate this one to christianity:

Revelation 1
Introduction and Benediction
1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show His servants—things which must shortly take place. And He sent and signified it by His angel to His servant John, 2 who bore witness to the word of God, and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, to all things that he saw. 3 Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written in it; for the time is near.

If John of Patmos is to be believed, as whoever put together the King James version, then his dedication to Jesus Christ in so much that he was given, even though he was a condemed man, the knowledge of a time after his. He could have been relating to Nero, but Revelation never mentioned when these events would take place specificly. As I've noticed, from reading the bible, and PLEASE correct me where I am mistaken, events that unfolded throughout time seemed to repeat itself often. The events were sometimes prophecy and other times it was the ripping away of Jews from their homeland. One could also see other repetative traits in various other means. In ways, it could have been related to Nero, or completely. Of this I am not sure, but I do see that it could relate to more of a modern age than it was to that age. Then again, if one believes, anything is possible.

Looking at Revelation again, one could compare many current events in a timeline if one chooses, if the book of Revelation is supposed to be taken in order of it's reading. Of this I am uncertain, but I can see possibilities of it's reading related to sometimes being more general than on a specific timeline. I would like points of views on this if anyone is interested. Before I digress:

5 and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth.
To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood, 6 and has made us kings and priests to His God and Father, to Him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.
7 Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen.
8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,” says the Lord, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”

Before I start speaking about specifics on current timeline similarities with Revelation, I must mention the above scripture. Christian churches believe diffrent things when it comes to GOD and Jesus Christ. Some believe they are all one, some believe they are seperate but one, and some believe they are not the same at all. Even though the above praises can be applied to the many aspects of One, or it could very well be applied to two diffrent beings alltogether. I can see this as a Father, Son aspect, were the Father resurects his faithful Son and from there gives that power to him to use in his earthly rule. Later on, the Father comes as the power with his Son as the one that uses that power to take what is his birthright. In a manner of saying, "son you are alowed to take all of my army and rule this kingdom that I gave you, on earth. And then, I'll go live in the house you will build me. That house is the new Jerusalem. One could feel that a new house is needed because the old one is defiled with the blood of innocents from the destruction by blood thirsty, wiked, the foul, and self important people. I'm certain there are many more types of lifestyles that will be engulfed in this, directly or indirectly.

I will leave out the letters to the churches for now, because I think they may be meant for those churches in that time. I could be absolutely wrong, as it could very well be meant for them as well as the countries that own those locations now. If someone would like to touch on this, please do. I would enjoy understanding other aspects of this. I will say, as the headings suggest, they do seem to speak of each church as:

The Loveless Church
The Persecuted Church
The Compromising Church
The Corrupt Church
The Dead Church
The Faithful Church
The Lukewarm Church

Could these represent current religions, current countries, or the actual churches for that age? Or again, could it represent old and new? Of this I am not sure. What I do see, out of 7 churches, there are only 2 that seem to be closer to what it should be than the others. If these churches only represented those of the past, which it does seem to suggest, as it seems to be written in present tense, do any of these churches exist today?

Now to the main points I would like to discuss: Source

1 Now I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals; and I heard one of the four living creatures saying with a voice like thunder, “Come and see.” 2 And I looked, and behold, a white horse. He who sat on it had a bow; and a crown was given to him, and he went out conquering and to conquer. 3 When He opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature saying, “Come and see.” 4 Another horse, fiery red, went out. And it was granted to the one who sat on it to take peace from the earth, and that people should kill one another; and there was given to him a great sword.

If Jesus is the lamb who was slain, then he is the one opening the 1st seal on the scroll. If this is true, then who would the white horsman be? Is it a savior or a destroyer? He Conquers, but how and who? It would be silly to think, but possibly ironicly prophetic to say that someone with alot of money comes in a white lemo and conquers by inthralling the people, as a movie star, singer, band, preacher, priest, etc, would. The red horseman seems to relate to the first by reason of war, as he carries a sword, as the first holds a bow. The possibilities are there, but it could very well lean more towards warrior kings of sorts. Someone that goes off and fights nations, and while doing so, the followers will come along and do the same. When Rome took over countries, they often took the able bodied men and turned them into warriors, splitting them up so they would not rebel. Any number of countries, major powers, and religions could fit this bill. One could also be uncertain as it has no other description to show to who it applies and to how. If it is to be taken litteraly, then one could definatly see that one litteral horsman comes to cause strife by war, physicly or spiritualy, near the same time, or at two seperate times. If it is war, there is no shortage of that today. It is beyond just country against country, but nation against nation, race against race. Not only have the amount of wars increased in the last 20 years, but the last few hundred years with nations becomming more modern, we can see just how bloody wars can be. I found a few worthy sources, please feel free to pick them apart and prove them otherwise:

WARNING - The sources may have other pages from it's owners that show his/her personal beliefs, but the links listed here are correct and true to my knowledge. Anything beyond the first page of the links, I am not responcible for and should hold no argument to this post.

100 Years of War

This colorful link below is worth looking into. It shows important conflics and disasters as well as wars in our recent history. One can say that this has always been so, but none can say that the technology that we have been capable of using has only but increased, as far as the world as a whole, knows today. What we DO know we have today, is pretty scary all by itself. What we dont know, is far beyond our control.

World Almanac

There are 2 more that does something interesting and a good bit different.

5 When He opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, “Come and see.” So I looked, and behold, a black horse, and he who sat on it had a pair of scales in his hand. 6 And I heard a voice in the midst of the four living creatures saying, “A quart of wheat for a denarius, and three quarts of barley for a denarius; and do not harm the oil and the wine.” 7 When He opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature saying, “Come and see.” 8 So I looked, and behold, a pale horse. And the name of him who sat on it was Death, and Hades followed with him. And power was given to them over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword, with hunger, with death, and by the beasts of the earth.

We have 2 more horsmen. Wether their colors mean anything other than something symbolic of the nature of the task being done by each, I am not sure. It could represent color guard, or something entirely diffrent. The first of the last 2, comes to raise the prices of the the worlds foods by one manner or another. The other could come in short order. That one is death, the one that represents the same. Hell is supposed to follow him. One could see how this would represent people dying inmass as the place of death was once strongly believed to be the place you goto when you die being hell itself. A place where you do, see, feel, hear nothing - less conjured by the people who were given these skills by unholy means. These were oracles and real ancient witch craft. These skills could be similar to the ones practiced and used today, perhaps depending on how much of one's beliefs are in them. If this is to be believed, then one could compare with the food prices we're dealing with today.

Food prices makes record highs

20 year record high worldwide food prices

Historic Food Prices - Timeline

If food prices are going up, effected by the strange weather we are having this year, the mortality rate may certainly follow. The weather, in combination with high food prices, high gas prices, and coupled with the Changed to world Populations, there could be worse news on the horizon. One should not forget the massive amounts of deaths over the recent years, just as the last 100 years by natural/unatural disasters. These too, seem to be increasingly common place. It is also found that no matter what we seem to do in reguards to medical breakthroughs, our mortality rate is still 100%!

The last horseman seem to use all the tools not mentioned in the first 3. Hunger, death, war and the beasts of the earth. The beasts of the earth do us in by plague, diseases, viri, ect. This too, is seemingly more common than before. Mad cow, mad deer, Avian Flu, Swine Flu, hoof and mouth, to name some. Just to focus on one of these:

What is Mad Cow Disease?
Wiki
How many cows have it?
Unknown
What???
Yep. And this doesnt help!
Why???
Ask your government.
How many humans are infected?
Unknown. But as you can get an idea, this is a known ratio among specificly Alzheimers. Wiki can offer up yet even more illnesses that were missdiagnosed that were also found to be CJD (mad cow).

An estimated two to three million Americans are afflicted by Alzheimer's (Scully, 1993); it is the fourth leading cause of death among the elderly in the U.S (Perry, 1995). Twenty percent or more of people clinically diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease are found at autopsy to not have had Alzheimer's at all (McKhann, 1984). At Yale, out of 46 patients clinically diagnosed with Alzheimer's, 6 were proven to be CJD at autopsy (Manuelidis, 1989). In another post-mortem study 3 out of 12 "Alzheimer" patients actually died from a spongiform encephalopathy (Teixeira, 1995).

Lets not forget man. As man expanded around the globe, he brought with him the things that he had a resistance to, but those that came into direct and indirect contact with them, often died of sicknesses that they were never exposed to. The same could be true today, as not all are so lucky to be enochulated against many uncommon sicknesses to that poor village in a 3rd world country. Today, there is a very fuzzy line between man and beast. In some, there is no line at all.

On to more:
9 When He opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the testimony which they held. 10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, “How long, O Lord, holy and true, until You judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell on the earth?” 11 Then a white robe was given to each of them; and it was said to them that they should rest a little while longer, until both the number of their fellow servants and their brethren, who would be killed as they were, was completed.

One may question, who are the servants?

Muslims believe that they are the servants of GOD, but they name him allah. They believe that Jesus was a great man, a messenger; perhaps a prophet?

Jews believe that Jesus was a rabbi and the messiah will come at a later time to bring them home and rule over them. GOD's name is sacred to them and it should not be said or written, just as it is said in the Old Testament, he is known as I AM.

Christians and Christian Jews believe that he had come and was crusified, but his reign be at his second comming. Many Christian Jews still live by Jewish old beliefs and are not as leasure as christians. They have many names for GOD. Each of the names have specific origins.

Do we, each in our own religion, our own beliefs, know if we are certainly the servants? Each major belief has suffered at the hands of another in some way. One may say that radicals on all sides are to blame, but how do we know that the hand of GOD is not doing what he has done in the past histories of the Bible? Which people is he controling, if not all of them, as been done before? It's not said that wars happen without reason, as all are seen to be started by his hand when relating to the events in the Bible. If this is true, other wars and events could have taken place for the same reasons, their false beliefs, perhaps via which ones were less worthy than the other, as there were so many pagan beliefs throughout time. Christians, Jews, Muslem, and many other people of culture, religion, and creed are suffering the same fate when it comes to being slain. We have many wars, many catastrophies, and many deaths. Who are the ones? One could see that just as it could mean only that one are servants, it could be a combination of all of them. For it very well may be in the hearts of radicals to slay the innocent. This makes sense to me.

If these things happen in the order in which they were written, then the following does not seem to have happen as of yet.

12 I looked when He opened the sixth seal, and behold,[e] there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon[f] became like blood. 13 And the stars of heaven fell to the earth, as a fig tree drops its late figs when it is shaken by a mighty wind. 14 Then the sky receded as a scroll when it is rolled up, and every mountain and island was moved out of its place. 15 And the kings of the earth, the great men, the rich men, the commanders,[g] the mighty men, every slave and every free man, hid themselves in the caves and in the rocks of the mountains, 16 and said to the mountains and rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of Him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! 17 For the great day of His wrath has come, and who is able to stand?”

Perhaps it's possible that the first part of this has taken place. If it has, the only thing I can think of would be fireworks at Christmas, as we had a lunar eclips just prior to. We had a total solar eclips July 11, 2010 in the South Pacific Ocean including Easter Island and the southern tip of South America. The next one, ironicly, is the one the Mayans fortold, November 13, 2012 – Australia and the Pacific Ocean.

At the time, I can not see the rest taking place, if these things are to be set in motion in the order that it is written. If there is some sort of code to it, then that may explain more. If the events after have not taken place, this does not mean that those spoken about does not already exist. It describes each cripticly, in a way, but each can very well exist prior to John mentioning them. He does not say otherwise. He just states where they are and what they are doing. Never does he mention when, as a time, save for those events being carried out in order. The seals and as the 7th seal is broken, the trumpets begin.

As far as using the Bible in this conitnuation of the OP, it may not appeal to some but I wish to shed light on cituations that can be applied under the original title. Feel free to do the same. Many believe that the spirit is how one feels inside and how well you keep unhealthy thoughts from taking over the physicle part of a person, as the spirit aspect would speak/type/display unhealthy thoughts/words. If this is true, then there can be nothing but free will, as everything would boil down to a choice of only right and wrong. This opens a can of worms for debate wether or not all of the bible is to be taken litteraly, or not. If it is litteral, then it should be taken as is for without litteralcy, it becomes a broken manuscript where the possibilities of any of it being true has a slimmer chance to be believable.

edit on 12-1-2011 by theRhenn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join