It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buongiorno ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I'll try to make this as short as I can as to not bore you all.

I first found this site about 2 years ago, and I have been reading ever since. I did not feel the need to join, but I guess you could say that I have had a change of heart. A crack job was my first impression, but as I delved deeper into the site I realized that I was mistaken, and I apologize for my first impressions. I have come to enjoy this site and reading the many insightful posts.

Anyway, some stuff about me:

Learning about ancient civilizations I probably my number one interest. I love learning how our ancestors lived, and I enjoy reading about their many achievements. The ancient civilizations that interest me the most are all of the ancient Mesopotamian civilizations up to the fall of the Achaemenid Empire, Ancient Egypt, the Roman Republic, the Byzantine Empire, and the Indus Valley civilization. Which brings me to my next point, I am fascinated with the many cultures of the world; I particularly enjoy the Italian, the Japanese, the Australian, and the Moroccan lifestyles. I do not know what it is about them; they just draw me to them.

I'm an atheist that was formerly a Christian, but luckily my friends and my family respect my decision; however, I still do find religions fascinating to learn about and the ways they impact the political, social, economic, and physical life of their adherents.

Astronomy and physics are also keen interests of mine. I love learning about the many galaxies and stars. I one day hope to discover a planet of my own, and who knows, it may harbor life.
I wanted to be an astronaut when I was little. It just seems like the universe is calling to me to explore it.

I am a very sociable person. A lot of people like me, for reasons I do not know. I guess I just have that "it" quality that makes people like you.

That is all I can think of at the moment, and I am sorry for the unoriginal tone, but I am tired and this is all I could muster in my current state. Well, I hope you all accept me and we can get this ship rolling. Once I have 20 posts, I will try to be a contributing member by providing you with new topics that show the knowledge that I possess (albeit, it may not be much), and I hope you all will correct me when I err.

bsumone

new topics

join