It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm still Here - Joaquin Phoenix

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
This is a documentary about how Joaquin gave up his acting career to pursue his Hip Hop career.

Probably one of the most real documentaries about a star that I've ever seen. It was also very painful to watch in some parts.

I do have to hand it to him for having the balls to put this one out though. Coke snorting, Hookers....

I've only seen him in Walk the Line and never heard of him since. What a transformation.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
This is a documentary about how Joaquin gave up his acting career to pursue his Hip Hop career.

Probably one of the most real documentaries about a star that I've ever seen. It was also very painful to watch in some parts.

I do have to hand it to him for having the balls to put this one out though. Coke snorting, Hookers....

I've only seen him in Walk the Line and never heard of him since. What a transformation.

um wtf?!?!

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Dude, ... are you serious right now ???

That documentary was fake, ... it was all an act, .... like public art or something.

ALL of it was fake, ... even the interview on letterman.

anyway, ... i still want to see it, do u have link ?

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Ok well if it was fake even better.

He's my hero then.

Sorry guys don't keep up with Entertainment Tonight.

EDIT:

Thanks I feel like a real idiot now.
edit on 1-1-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong

If you've only seen him in Walk the Line then you MUST see Gladiator. His best role hands down!

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by missvicky

Thanks miss vicky.

I will do that. (my mom has a copy)

Although this was an amazing performance now that I know it was fake.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
wasnt he allso in signs with Mel Gibson ?
i'm a big fan of M. Night Shyamalan.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whateva69
wasnt he allso in signs with Mel Gibson ?
i'm a big fan of M. Night Shyamalan.

Yeah, he was. Signs is an excellent, atmospheric film, even if a little unbelievable at times.

Joaquin is a fantastic actor, as was his brother River. To not be outshone by Russell Crowe who played Maximus in Gladiator really takes some doing.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Trapt

I totally agree he is defiantly a rare a man, I just get so caught up in his characters, his facial expression and body movement and his reactions

yes he is defiantly a person I love watching on screen. His role in the village, takes the cake. Not many lines to read at all in that part, yet he gave so much life and realism to that character, oh just breathtaking, I can’t even describe it.
He takes his viewers on a ride that’s for sure.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Yeah, he was. Signs is an excellent, atmospheric film, even if a little unbelievable at times.

You mean like why would aliens harmed by water invade a planet that is 3/4 covered with the stuff?

It's like us invading a planet with oceans of sulfuric acid...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

You mean like why would aliens harmed by water invade a planet that is 3/4 covered with the stuff?

It's like us invading a planet with oceans of sulfuric acid...

Yes. They (the invading aliens) seem to spend a lot of there time in cornfields, which is obviously full of dew.

They obviously aren't very intelligent, and neither is the film, but it's entertaining none the less.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I thought this thread was on the actor, not the script writer.
I think he does a damn good job with the material he is given.

and anyway i love how Shyamalan's mind works, a very creative man.
edit on 15/1/11 by Whateva69 because: because i can

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

What about the humidity in the air ??? wouldnt that have burned the aliens as well ?

... good thinking M. Night.

I just saw " I'm still here",

and although it seems somewhat long, its pretty entertaining, the ending scene was especialy touching. Although I wish I hand't known it was a hoax until after I saw it, .... I think Joaquin and Casey lost out on alot of Ticket Sales that way.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

I agree. I went into watching it not knowing what the hell to expect. I was in Hawaii away from all media and television while this was going on so I heard nothing about it.

Not sure what I woulda thought of it, if I would have known it was a hoax.

new topics

top topics

join