It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks' Assange: 2,000 Sites Now Have All Documents!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

I did not accuse you of wanting anything other than the insurance files released; I am sorry you feel differently.

My main point has been that releasing the insurance files unedited would put innocent people at risk. Do you disagree? If not, why should those people be put at risk rather than editing out personally identifying information?

My other point is that I do not believe Assange gains any benefits. I think this comes down to a difference we share in definition of benefit.

I view a gain/benefit as coming in to ownership of something you did not previously have. If the only "benefit" the insurance provides Assange is to continue living and ensuring his work continues after death/incarceration, I don't count that as a benefit or gain. It is insurance against a loss.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyTHSeed

I did not accuse you of wanting anything other than the insurance files released; I am sorry you feel differently.

I have been responding to many a poster, so I could be mistaken. I will continue as if I am mistaken, and thank you for the apology. If it is my mind, then I should be apologizing (and do) to you.

My main point has been that releasing the insurance files unedited would put innocent people at risk. Do you disagree?

I can neither agree nor disagree, and to be fair; neither can you. Neither of us know what is in the insurance file, or it would not be an insurance file. Which brings us (again) to my point of Assange keeping this information locked down for his own peronal benefit.

My other point is that I do not believe Assange gains any benefits. I think this comes down to a difference we share in definition of benefit.

I consider hiding information to keep oneself alive, a benefit. Of course, that is because I consider life a benefit over death. Again, I never go against anyone who disagrees with this part. Because this part is all opinion.

However, Assange using the file for personal protection. THAT is fact. And that is what the originators of the secrets did in the first place. (Again back to Assange being a hypocrite, and the whole "put up or shut up" hypocrite stance.)

I don't count that as a benefit or gain. It is insurance against a loss.

Isn't "loss" the opposite of "gain"? Isn't "gain" part of benefit? He is gaining his healthy life by keeping the secret. Meanwhile, if these documents are as Earth shattering as claimed, countless others die so he can remain "safe".

Assange is using the insurance file for his benefit, c'mon. That is the whole point of insurance, to insure that your are "taken care of".

And inusrance is a gambling term...

And gambling is a game...

Assange is gaming with lives by keeping the insurance file secret, if it contains juciy tid-bits. (Could be a bluff still, wouldn't that be funny!)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Mastermook

The US is listed as #17. Much has changed since the report was compiled. But I understand your point.

Being Serbian, I'm biased towards the conflict in that region. Research the KLA.

The cables released so far deal with more than just the US.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Excellent response. I feel I have gained more understanding of your views on the matter.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Cablespider

Touche, your are right on that point. And I'll read up on the KLA,thanks for the information, I like to get both sides of something, before i form an official opinion and not sound ignorant. Although ignorance is bliss!

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

So far, the only gambled life is his own. You need to stop with the "lives" thing as if he is gambling with yours. If you truly gave a flying donut hole about others lives, you would not be so anxious for that unedited insurance file. Putting the cart before the horse is getting no where fast.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
The Insurance File contains all the raw data, Assange has even said this!

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimistPrime

So far, the only gambled life is his own.

That we know of.

You need to stop with the "lives" thing as if he is gambling with yours.

Can you show me he is not? And, if these documents are Earth shattering, I am having a hard time seeing how it doesn't pertain to more than one life...but that is just me.

Either way, doesn't change the whole hypocricy thing. He is continuing to keep these things secret for personal gain. Which, is my whole stance (remember?).

If you truly gave a flying donut hole about others lives, you would not be so anxious for that unedited insurance file. Putting the cart before the horse is getting no where fast.

Appeal to emotion, I didn't know you cared!

Conclusively, the appeal to emotion fallacy presents a perspective intended to be superior to reason. Appeals to emotion are intended to draw visceral feelings from the acquirer of the information.

en.wikipedia.org...

What I care about is not relevant, what is relevant is that Assange is using these files for personal benefit.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ellen15
The Insurance File contains all the raw data, Assange has even said this!

How about a source for this claim, I will eat my half of my argument if you can give me the source.

EDIT--Disclaimer
I said I would not respond unless directly spoken to, I just was pointing out that this piece of information (I asked for a long time ago) would have done well to "show me" the facts.

So I eagerly await the source (seriously) I would love to be wrong about this, that would mean Assange is not being a hypocrite.

NOTE The insurance file can ONLY contain the un-edited information. Nothing "New" and "Unseen".
edit on 1/2/2011 by adigregorio because: Disclaimer

edit on 1/2/2011 by adigregorio because: To Remove: unless Assange is hurt/killed/jailed. (from last sentence)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

That is a complete LIE FROM THEM AGAIN!!

No one KNOWS FOR SURE

what is in the insurance..

Thats why it is *the insurance*

How do they know *IT IS RAW UNADULTERATED INFORMATION DATA BLAH BLAH*
that is in the insurance....

The wikileak fanboys will lie and make up stories to NO END

for their LEADER LOVER sicko Assangeo
edit on 2-1-2011 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Sorry Ellen15 but Adigregorio is right. This "insurance file" contains information that is previously unpublished or has great implications for the US and/or its Allies since it is in "raw" form. Not specifically the 251k documents that are currently be washed and displayed.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickyrrr

Not very likely if the encryption is AES 256 CTR as claimed.

-rrr

Yes it is aes256.
www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

reply to post by 10yeartheory

This is my understanding as well, we do not know what is in the insurance file.

If someone can show me otherwise, I am prepared rethink my stance.

I don't think there is an otherwise though, or it would have popped up by now.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

We know some of what is in the insurance file.

The Cable Gate archive has been spread, along with significant material from the US and other countries to over 100,000 people in encrypted form.
- Assange Julian Assange answers your questions

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

So you'd rather a man sacrifice his life, just so they you can have a good read?

Your a pretty cold person if you think a mans life is worth a few words?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

We know some of what is in the insurance file.

But I said:

Orignially posted by adigregorio
NOTE The insurance file can ONLY contain the un-edited information. Nothing "New" and "Unseen".

He is still hiding information for his self preservation or personal benefit. I am not saying this is "wrong" I am saying it makes him a hypocrite. Since the governments kept the info secret for their personal benefit as well.

Originally posted by Ironclad

So you'd rather a man sacrifice his life, just so they you can have a good read?

Your a pretty cold person if you think a mans life is worth a few words?

This is another appeal to emotion, please my current state of warmth has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

The topic being Assange witholding supposed vital information, to protect himself.

Just like the government kept the information hidden to protect itself.
edit on 1/2/2011 by adigregorio because: my heated state (to) my current state of warmth (sounded better)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
When the files are fully released, is Assange no longer considered a hypocrite?

I just don't understand the negative view of him considering files have been steadily released for the past.. 5 years(?) However long wikileaks has been operating.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

When the files are fully released, is Assange no longer considered a hypocrite?

I just don't understand the negative view of him considering files have been steadily released for the past.. 5 years(?) However long wikileaks has been operating.

AHA!

I do not view hypocricy as a negative, I veiw it as a choice. People make their own choices, and Assange has made his.

Now, I disagree with his choice. Only because of the hypocricy, but me disagreeing is not the same as me saying "he is wrong". It is me saying, "I wouldn't do it that way, because I would be a hypocrite."

My choices lead me away from hypocricy, again nothing "right" or "wrong" with this.

So, the only negative view I have of him. And I have stated this several times, is that he is a "talker". He likes to flaunt this file, or someone does. (To be fair, he is not writing the articles I see daily.)

2 can things remove the hypocricy, if he wants to.

1) Release the password

2) If it is a bluff, don't release the password

Doesn't change my second point.

"Put up or hush up"

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by adigregorio
edit on 1/2/2011 by adigregorio because: Disclaimer

edit on 1/2/2011 by adigregorio because: To Remove: unless Assange is hurt/killed/jailed. (from last sentence)

You are wrong about that. We have yet to see these cables with the "UFO references" So yes, if something were to happen, this new information will be released. Entire cablegate archive means everything previously released along with everything yet to be released.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Democray Now Interview with Julian Assange on August 03, 2010,Julian Assange Responds to Increasing US Government Attacks on WikiLeaks which you can watch

Transcript Snippets
Amy asking Julian Assange about the Insurance file

AMY GOODMAN: Let me ask you about something that Declan McCullagh has written on CNET. He said, "Perhaps as a way to avoid additional legal pressure or [extrajudicial] punitive measures on Assange and Appelbaum, a few days ago Wikileaks posted an intriguing 1.4GB file simply titled 'Insurance.' It’s encrypted, meaning that if visitors are sent it in advance, Wikileaks would have to release only the key or passphrase to allow the contents to be read." Can you explain what this file is, Julian Assange?

JULIAN ASSANGE: Well, I think it’s better that we don’t comment on that. But, you know, one could imagine in a similar situation that it might be worth ensuring that important parts of history do not disappear

Huffington Post, 08/ 5/10.,WikiLeaks 'Insurance' File: Julian Assange's Group Posts Huge Encrypted File To Web

LONDON — Online whistle-blower WikiLeaks has posted a huge encrypted file named "Insurance" to its website, sparking speculation that those behind the organization may be prepared to release more classified information if authorities interfere with them.

At 1.4 gigabytes, the file is 20 times larger than the batch of 77,000 secret U.S. military documents about Afghanistan that WikiLeaks dumped onto the Web last month, and cryptographers say that the file is virtually impossible to crack – unless WikiLeaks releases the key used to encode the material

^^^ In relation to the 'Iraq and Afghanistan War Logs' released at that time ^^^

According to The Guardian Q&A, dated Friday 3 December 2010, (Friday first court appearance)"Julian Assange answers your questions"

rajiv1857

Hi,
Is the game that you are caught up in winnable? Technically, can you keep playing hide and seek with the powers that be when services and service providers are directly or indirectly under government control or vulnerable to pressure - like Amazon?

Also, if you get "taken out" - and that could be technical, not necessarily physical - what are the alternatives for your cache of material?

Is there a 'second line' of activists in place that would continue the campaign?

Is your material 'dispersed' so that taking out one cache would not necessarily mean the end of the game?

Julian Assange:

The Cable Gate archive has been spread, along with significant material from the US and other countries to over 100,000 people in encrypted form.

If something happens to us, the key parts will be released automatically.
Further, the Cable Gate archives is in the hands of multiple news organisations. History will win.

The world will be elevated to a better place. Will we survive? That depends on you.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join