It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks' Assange: 2,000 Sites Now Have All Documents!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
reply to post by xavi1000

I just saw that for the first time the other night.

Truly horrific and heartbreaking. There were little kids sitting in the front seat.

What the hell is the matter with the human race.

I don't know what is the matter , we humans allowed this situation with ignorance ,with helping the deception,with calling assaasination on Assange.Journalism has failed and all journalists have blood on their hands .

MUST SEE documentary

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Did anyone consider that the Insurance file contains everything that is being released by Wikileaks except that what is released has been edited to remove names and other identifying data?

Should anything happen to Assange then the entire contents of the Insurance file including names and identification data contained within will be released.

That is what will ensure his safety.

For example, if one of those cables says that xxxxxx gave the okay for the bombing of an Iraqi orphanage?
It would cause a lot of distress to the US diplomatically but nobody is named.

Now imagine if Assange is assassinated and the password released reveals that President Bush gave the okay for the bombing of an Iraqi orphanage?

What would be the response to that?

All these were accredited to US officials:

•French President Nicolas Sarkozy: 'Emperor with no clothes'
•Italian PM Silvio Berlusconi: 'Feckless, vain and ineffective as a modern European leader'
•Russian President Dmitry Medvedev: 'Plays Robin to Putin's Batman'
•Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin: An 'Alpha Dog'
•Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad: Like 'Hitler'
•North Korean dictator Kim Jong-il: 'Flabby old chap'

But what if these were edited by WL to remove the actual person or persons that said them and not some faceless "official"?

What if in fact it was Rumsfeld that called Kim Jong-il a "flabby old chap"?
Or Condoleezza Rice that said Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was like 'Hitler'?

Not that these examples are WW3 starters but they are more insulting when a name is put to them than an unamed official, don't you think?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Of course all the cables will be released to the public. Who would ever doubt that? Assange will be found guilty of some trumped up charge, and sent to prison. The day he walks into his prison cell, all Hell will break loose. We'll all find out, (with confirmation) how corrupt the governments of the world are. We'll all find out about E.T. and his buddies.
I expect that once those documents are released to the public, we will have a world-wide coup on our hands. It's rather exciting to think about it, really.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by adigregorio
I am so tired of hearing about this crap.

"If you do this I am gonna do this!"

If he has these documents, then holding them hostage is no better than what my government does with the same information.

Either release it, or shut the [self snip] up about it.

"My penis is bigger than yours!"

Jeezus

You do understand that the 'drip-feed' effect is highly necessary right? This keeps CONSTANT pressure on the U.S. government and others, rather than a torrent of information that can be 'got over' after a couple of weeks has gone by. These leaks are CONSTANTLY at the top of the agenda because of this.

The Revenant.
edit on 3-1-2011 by alien because: ...needless personal comment removed...

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
My opinion is superior then yours is always a wonderful argument.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Did anyone stop to think that maybe, just maybe...he's releasing the documents as slowly as he is because he wants to keep the whole world's attention for an extended period of time? Say he dumps them all into the public, now. That's a lot of fishing through documents to find the good ones. The media would cover it like they cover anything else newsworthy-when all interested eyes are fast asleep-and it would just blow over. By releasing them a few at a time, he's forcing those interested to keep coming back and reading new documents, and assuring that it doesn't just blow over anytime soon. This is just my two cents, mind you.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I am so tired of hearing about this crap.

"If you do this I am gonna do this!"

If he has these documents, then holding them hostage is no better than what my government does with the same information.

Either release it, or shut the [self snip] up about it.

"My penis is bigger than yours!"

Awesome post I couldn't agree more! I see you know about the e-penis game as well
I am so tired of hearing the same crap I actually find my self ignoring the WikiLeaks thing more and more.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide

He has already released information that has gotten people killed, time to give up all the information -

Can you cite one specific example of this? No you can not because it's a blatant lie.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedish
.he's blackmailing our country...

well that's weird
I said the same thing
in my thread below
in my sig

we r in agreement there

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by The Revenant

Well stated. There's a method to the madness.

Freedom for information was under attack long before WL hit the scene. What WL managed to do, and continues to do, is bring the issue to the forefront so that a battle can take place. They are also showing the masses which organizations can and can't be trusted with information.

As I see it, they are being responsible with this information. A huge dump could be catastrophic.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by observer42

After WikiLeaks published a trove of U.S. intelligence documents—some of which listed the names and villages of Afghans who had been secretly cooperating with the American military—it didn’t take long for the Taliban to react. A spokesman for the group quickly threatened to “punish” any Afghan listed as having “collaborated” with the U.S. and the Kabul authorities against the growing Taliban insurgency. In recent days, the Taliban has demonstrated how seriously those threats should be considered. Late last week, just four days after the documents were published, death threats began arriving at the homes of key tribal elders in southern Afghanistan. And over the weekend one tribal elder, Khalifa Abdullah, who the Taliban believed had been in close contact with the Americans, was taken from his home in Monar village, in Kandahar province’s embattled Arghandab district, and executed by insurgent gunmen.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Is that a copy/paste?

The USG has even admitted there is no evidence to suggest anyone has been killed due to the leaks.

How propaganda is disseminated: WikiLeaks Edition

Let's repeat that. Despite Gates' ongoing assertion that "the initial assessment in no way discounts the risk to national security" and that "there is still concern Afghans named in the published documents could be retaliated against by the Taliban," even the DoD and NATO admit that the WikiLeaks release "did not disclose any sensitive intelligence sources or methods" and that "there has not been a single case of Afghans needing protection or to be moved because of the leak." Nonetheless, the accusation that WikiLeaks and Assange have "blood on their hands" was -- as intended -- trumpeted around the world for weeks without much question or challenge.

It's been clear from the start that -- despite the valid concern that WikiLeaks should have been more vigilant in redacting the names of innocent Afghan civilians -- the Pentagon (and its media and pundit servants) were drastically exaggerating the harms, as The Associated Press noted on August 17:

The WikiLeaks leak is unrivaled in its scope, but so far there is no evidence that any Afghans named in the leaked documents as defectors or informants from the Taliban insurgency have been harmed in retaliation.

Some private analysts, in fact, think the danger has been overstated. "I am underwhelmed by this argument. The Pentagon is hyping," says John Prados, a military and intelligence historian who works for the anti-secrecy National Security Archive. He said in an interview that relatively few names have surfaced and it's not clear whether their present circumstances leave them in jeopardy.

www.salon.com...

Edit: It was a copy/paste....

www.newsweek.com...
edit on 2-1-2011 by Cablespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
so the fastest way to get the information out would be to have him shot or arrested again.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Evil3unnie

That's sad because that's exactly what TPTB want people to do...look the other way.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

If someone directly quotes, or comments towards me I will respond.

I ask again..

You want the insurance file, which is believed to be unedited copies of the files being released, to be released in its entirety. This brings up some moral questions.

How do you morally justify outing informants, or other information that destroys personal - arguably innocent - lives?

I see you don't think one man's life is important enough to keep the files hidden while personally identifying information is redacted, but what about 20 lives? 100 lives? How many people's lives being at risk would it take for you to accept that it is best for the files to be released over time in a responsible way?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Tick tock, tick tock

The Fox is in the hen house

It appears that Assange has disguised himself as a chicken farmer at his new hide out. How appropriate!

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
So if I have this right...Wikki-boy is blackmailing the US government with an insurance file that will be released anyway, just edited? Kind of defeats the whole "BlackMail" idea. I think the US knows the file is worthless and doesn't care about some two bit sex starved moron with a god complex. I have watched the files myself and have been very disappointed. No big story here. I am surprised this thread has made it this far.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
As many have said in this thread, the slow release of documents is showing responsibility. Patience is a virtue that I am seeing a lot of members here lacking. I suppose none of you watch any television shows. Its the same principle. Keep the hype going to keep the viewers interested. A movie comes out, you discuss it with your peers, and at the end of the week, no ones interested enough to keep discussing its content. A TV series keeps the viewers discussing the series content for weeks and weeks until the series has ended, and thus forgotten until someone says "hey, remember that show?" Lets step away from the "playing with lives" theme. No one has lost any lives that the public is aware of due to releases by Wikileaks. Lots of talk about the possibility, but no actual accounts of this happening. If Assange was bent on causing chaos rather than showing a glimmer of truth, surely all of the material would have been released at one time, ensuring that chaos. Yes, it is partially used for keeping him alive. Can you really blame him for that? Would you rather him keep it all and release it as a deathbed confession? He wants to see those who are involved in the cables pay for their crimes against humanity, rather than die beforehand. Seeing the work you have done through to the end is what it is. To me that is not selfish, what is truly selfish is demanding "put up or shut up".

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedish
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

He will never release them all...if he does our government will every reason to assassinate him...he's blackmailing our country...

So, it is your belief that our government is a pack of criminals whose policy and practice it is to murder anyone who dares challenge its policy of secrecy and its view that the public has no right to know what, why, and how it is doing what it does. Government consists of individuals who act in concert to some degree. Do you hold that donning the cloak of government gives those individuals a license to commit murder? That seems to be what you're saying.
edit on 1/2/2011 by dubiousone because: Spelling.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I find this entire scenario rather amusing, if I may be so bold. Most of the population, including those here, have no idea how real hackers operate. Most think that this is just Julian playing games, but he is not. Just in case you haven't figured it out yet, he is a very strategic man, and if he's doing what I think he is, everyone is in for quite a shock. He's very close to blackmailing TPTB, since I'm sure to get the info he has, it was necessary to "join" them, but never with the intent of following them to the end. Yes, Julian has his own agenda, but in the end the truth will destroy both of them. Funny how throughout history that has always been the case.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join