It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks' Assange: 2,000 Sites Now Have All Documents!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

I guess we're just going to have to agree to disagree. The only BENEFIT afforded to Assange in having an insurance file is the benefit of staying alive to release what it contains in a responsible manner.

That's my stance.

Your stance is apparently that Assange should just release all the information as-is, and if he gets assassinated or jailed before that happens, tough luck, because he shouldn't selfishly try to protect his life by creating an encrypted cache of the documents.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by againuntodust

I guess we're just going to have to agree to disagree. The only BENEFIT afforded to Assange in having an insurance file is the benefit of staying alive...

But that is what I have been saying since I started!!!!! (Minus the extra part at the end, about the redacting I assume. Since we have no source to back that claim up...)

Originally posted by againuntodust
That's my stance.

Which I respect, and suspect agree with. I just don't feel that it is worth "one mans" life. Which is the "real question". That I mentioned earlier.

Again, this brings me to the "Put up or hush up."

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedish
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

He will never release them all...if he does our government will every reason to assassinate him...he's blackmailing our country...

since when is saying things AS THEY ARE blackmail... seriously how stupid is your sentence? and assasination is something normal in your brain? for taking out the dirty of your fail country? people like you are the reason this world doesnt evolve...

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
This seems somewhat smart. If I were him I would only release a certain percentage of documents within my possession. That way only 50% of documents are released and the other 50% are locked up. As I get newer documents I release the oldest documents in that security file and add the new documents to it. Oldest gets released, newer gets vaulted for insurance. If you released 100% of what you received then there would be no incentive for people to leave you alone, as the sooner you are eliminated the sooner the leaks stop. With the way WikiLeaks is setup even if there was an assassination it could still go on.

Makes sense to me.
edit on 2-1-2011 by DJM8507 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
If 2,000 seperate sites have access to ALL the intel and docs, I wonder how much longer till one clever hacker figures out that password and dumps them all into the public arena?

See, the trick is to change the p/w every couple of days.... Duh.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedish
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

He will never release them all...if he does our government will every reason to assassinate him...he's blackmailing our country...

If the documents are as damning as people think, there will be no point knocking him off after the fact.
Personally, I think it's a big bluff. Sure, there may be some shocking truths in there, but given the reaction of the gen.pop so far, I doubt people are going to rise up just because dirty laundry is washed in public.
Now if the noose of control keeps on tightening, then we may see some fireworks eventually, so bring it on TPTB, do your worst and hopefully we plebes will start to grow a pair!

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by adigregorio
He is keeping information to protect himself, which would be gambling with our lives.

Keeping the file secret is certainly not “gambling with our lives”. Perhaps it is selfish of WL/Assange to keep it secret, personally I don't care. I would argue that the file doesn't offer very much protection and is inevitably going to be used as a "dead hand" or more appropriately a "dead middle-finger" to the authorities.

Originally posted by adigregorio
Assuming the "insurance file" has any clout. Of course, if it didn't wouldn't be much of an insurance file, would it?

You will only find out whether it has any clout when it is released, and if it is released then it was ineffective as a deterrent, which is the purpose of the file. It doesn't matter what the insurance file has in it, not to Wikileaks anyway.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soshh
Keeping the file secret is certainly not “gambling with our lives”.

Not by itself, but if the file has information that is "critical" as some speculate. Then yes, yes it is.

Originally posted by Soshh
You will only find out whether it has any clout when it is released...

And that only happens if Assange is killed or imprisoned. IE if he is personally harmed. So, like I have been saying, he is keeping the file locked for personal benifit.

EDIT--
For those of you pointing out that I have misspelled BenEfit. Be sure to follow the instructions in my signature, count up the words I got correct

Pretty awesome if you ask me, I don't use a spell checker and only one (noticed) word was misspelled

(Top of page, I noticed a capitol benefit...)
edit on 1/2/2011 by adigregorio because: Spelling explanation

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

I don't have strong feelings about this topic, because I am blindly speculating.. but the way I see it,
these files not be released unedited. That would certainly put people's lives at risk. I don't think it would be fair to them.

How do you morally justify outing informants, or other information that destroys personal - arguably innocent - lives? I see you don't think one man's life is important enough to keep the files hidden, but what about 20 lives? 100 lives? How many people's lives being at risk would it take for you to accept that it is best for the files to be released over time in a responsible way?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyTHSeed

Lolol

All I am talking about is the insurance file.

All I am referencing is the insurance file.

All I want released is the insurance file.

Since they are releasing the other information (slowly) it is kinda moot for me to ask for that.

All I am talking about is how Assange is using the insurance file for personal benefit, just as the people who first told the secrets used them for their benefit.

All I am saying is Assange is a hypocrite, until (if) he releases the "insurance file" because the whole premise of the file is to "gamble" with the contents. Which apparently involves the American people.

Or does the need of the one outweight the needs of the many?

(I say it doesn't, but I am bias.)
edit on 1/2/2011 by adigregorio because: contence to contents (Ug)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

How do you know the information being released is not the same information as in the insurance file? I have been under the assumption that the insurance file is composed of the unedited files that have been and are currently being edited and released.

edit: I was more interested in a response to the second half of my last post, but you can regurgitate your same points again, whatevs.
edit on 2-1-2011 by JohnnyTHSeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Why don't you devote the rest of your life to working relentlessly to set up a safe deposit for whistleblowers, form a network of hundreds of professional journalists, travel the world with a suitcase to promote your cause and sit in jail cells whilst government agencies wrangle with each other over your dilemma.

Then you can righteously condemn the man for 'holding onto a file'.

Until then, in your own words: 'Put up or shut up!'

Armchair activists

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyTHSeed

The point is Assange is using that file for personal gain, (in this case his "protection")

Just as keeping it secret (before now) protected others.

Now he gets to benefit too!

Also, are you suggesting the file has not been edited? And that there are (presumably thousands) of copies all over the world?

And you presume to tell me he is being "careful" now? Seriously?

Why redact if the insurance is un-edited?

I need a better argument than this, or at least more explanation...
edit on 1/2/2011 by adigregorio because: their to there

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by RogerT

Why don't you devote the rest of your life to working relentlessly to set up a safe deposit for whistleblowers, form a network of hundreds of professional journalists, travel the world with a suitcase to promote your cause and sit in jail cells whilst government agencies wrangle with each other over your dilemma.

Then you can righteously condemn the man for 'holding onto a file'.

Until then, in your own words: 'Put up or shut up!'

Armchair activists

If I had the information, I would put up.

I do not spout that I have the information, then refuse to give the information.

Also, what do you suggest I do? Since you seem to be knowledged into activism, what do you do to change what is going on? How can I improve?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Exactly, you have nothing to add except a beligerent and child-like cry to 'give me what I want'.
Many posters have outlined several perfectly reasonable scenarios as to why all information is being released slowly and responsibly.

Seriously, are you asking what you can do to make a positive difference in the world? Are you genuine? If yes, why not find someone you feel is doing it right and offer them your complete and unreserved support or emulate them in your own way. It's really not that difficult, just takes commitment and courage and a willingness to give up most of what you have and regard as important in your life right now.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I never got into WL I saw it as a farce since the get go but that's my personal opinion.... You think he would be killed if he released everything? They would just turn hm into a martyr, believe me if they wanted him dead he would be dead end of story.... Why make this kind of announcement public? Makes him more famous/infamous?

So as long as he's alive or not in jail we'll never get to see the insurance file, that's good news keeping the secrets secret (hypocrite)..... If he would have kept his fat mouth shut and released all files, or at the very least not made the fact he had kept all the good stuff to himself, then he might have made the hero list.. As of now all I see is a coward.....

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Exactly, you have nothing to add except a beligerent and child-like cry to 'give me what I want'.

Child like? That wasn't very nice

And I never said "give me what I want" I said "Put up or shut up". It is a bit different.

Oh, and I also stated I expected neither a "Put up" or a "shut up". I just expressed that it was a desire of mine, oh how I am disliked for my thoughts...

Many posters have outlined several perfectly reasonable scenarios as to why all information is being released slowly and responsibly.

This is a lie, unless you have that password? Which is ALL I AM TALKING ABOUT.

Yet this "many posters" seem to want to make it more.

Why? Why do you think I am talking about more than the insurance file?

Seriously, are you asking what you can do to make a positive difference in the world?

More like:

What am I doing already that makes you qualified to asses my activist status (All things, you obviously have ESP or something.)

Are you genuine? If yes, why not find someone you feel is doing it right and offer them your complete and unreserved support or emulate them in your own way.

So don't think, just observe and follow? Isn't that how we got into this mess? (US Government current status)

I like to think, and get facts. (Another thing these "many posters" have yet to produce. 1 fact showing that Assange isn't keeping the insurance file for personal benefit.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Assange should release one or two really juicy cables just to prove he really has something. If he can't or won't, why take him seriously?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by yrwehere1
Assange should release one or two really juicy cables just to prove he really has something. If he can't or won't, why take him seriously?

Juicy ?
Is this enough JUICY for you ?

edit on 2-1-2011 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

I just saw that for the first time the other night.

Truly horrific and heartbreaking. There were little kids sitting in the front seat.

What the hell is the matter with the human race.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join