It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks' Assange: 2,000 Sites Now Have All Documents!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Its obvious you have no idea or concept of how Wikileaks Organisation works, nor have followed the origin of the project; and by the looks of it, nor care to undestand the concept because it doesnt suit your current position

A Whistle blower submits documents/data/evidence = Raw Form/also known as Raw Data also known as "Scientific Journalism" - Independent Investigative Journalists use this term aswell)

The Insurance File is the raw data/evidence/documents before its redacted before its sent to the newspapers

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by OptimistPrime

THANK YOU! Mainly for the apology, those are rare in these heated discussions.

I apologize as well, I thought you were after semantics. Foolish me

I mean that the insurance file can not contain any "hidden data".

If it does, then Assange is using the "hidden data" to keep himself safe. In fact, using the "idea of hidden data" is the same (to me).

Just like the government used the data originally to keep itself safe, Assange is carrying on the tradition.

Our government claimed it would be transparent (release data) too, do you still think they are going to make good?

Why should I assume Assange is different? He is already using the information (insurance file) in the same way the government is, why would he stop now?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

It can be implied from your posts that you do not think the files should be redacted before they are released. If this were done however, it would place innocent people in jeopardy. There have been reports that the Taliban are reading these reports and attempting to find informants with it.

Why would you want these un-redacted files released?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Ellen15

Again, could you point out where Assange says:

Originally posted by Ellen15
The Insurance File contains all the raw data, Assange has even said this!

That is all you have to do, then I am wrong. The fact that you refuse to do so, that speaks volumes.

Anyway, with all of your "it's obvious" talk I can see that you deal in opinions instead of facts.

I will no longer respond to you, unless you answer the (until otherwise) lie:

I challenge that he has never said this, prove that I do not follow the subject. Pull up that quote.

Of course I already have admited to never seeing the supposed quote, anyone else think this is just run-around to avoid proving that "The Insurance File contains all the raw data" (Proof please, source to your claim.)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyTHSeed

Now we are back to "the files"

I AM ONLY TALKING ABOUT THE INSURANCE FILE

And you know this, what's up now?

Assange is using the INSURANCE FILE as protection.

Assange is keeping secrets for his protection, JUST LIKE the government did. And with THE SAME SECRETS.

Again, why do you guys want to make this about "the files"

Or are you saying that he released the insurance file, and it has un-edited information. How do you know what is in the insurance file? Where are these quotes? (Again I am asking for them.)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

I quoted earlier that Assange stated the Cable Gate files are within the insurance file. This sets a precedent - some of the insurance files have been released. It stands to reason that they have not all been released because it takes time for redaction.

Julian Assange: The Cable Gate archive has been spread, along with significant material from the US and other countries to over 100,000 people in encrypted form.
Julian Assange answers your questions

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

He isnt really hiding it if he plans on releasing it anyway, right? He isnt using the data as a shield to protect his life, rather the threat of releasing it all at once without allowing ample time for those in the cables to prepare for the impact of those releases.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyTHSeed
...some of the insurance files have been released.

Which brings us back, yet again, to Assange holding secrets for self preservation.

Or has he changed the rules to the insurance file, which I am talking about.

SOME is not all, which some? How many?

Why not release the rest in the file? Why not just the password?

(Careful, if it has to do with editing then I ask: Why the hell was he gambling with peoples lives.)

However unlikely it is still possible that the file could be cracked. That is taking a gamble, and if the files are not edited (not that we can know this, since he is using them for personal benefit) he is gambling with lives.

If it is the other way around, and the files are already edited. Well then, why is he keeping it a secret then (Self benefit
)

No matter what way I look, I see him being a hypocrite.

You will not change my opinion without proof of:

(I know you didn't say it, but that is all it takes.)

(Though he is still gambling with peoples lives...different issue.)

EDIT--
From your source

Since April of this year our timetable has not been our own, rather it has been one that has centred on the moves of abusive elements of the United States government against us.

Hmm, looks like self preservation to me. And he is saying it himself.
edit on 1/3/2011 by adigregorio because: Um?

EDIT 2--
I am heading up to the corner store, my evening constitional. If I do not reply, it is because I am a couple blocks away. I will be back.

And my same offer stands from before. I will only reply when directly quoted or responded to.
edit on 1/3/2011 by adigregorio because: #2

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

My last thoughts on the matter unless something novel appears in this thread...

Wikileaks is involved in a game with rules we are not privy to. To speculate on how things should be handled is purely blind speculation. All of my thoughts on this matter are very humble opinions because I am aware of how ignorant I am to the game Wikileaks is playing.

For you to make such authoritative claims about the actions taken by Julian Assange is overtly disingenuous.

You once quoted a song toward me; I will return the favor.

All in all you're just another brick in the wall. - Pink Floyd

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Again, data is not the shield, time is. The information will be released no matter what. A secret is information kept from someone. It isnt a secret because he plans on telling you. Its his choice of when he tells you. Patience is a virtue.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyTHSeed

Fair enough, though I never said he was wrong. Just a hypocrite.

Funny you should quote the wall,

this thread is a shining example of:

"We don't need no education."

(Still waiting on those sources.)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by adigregorio
I am so tired of hearing about this crap.

"If you do this I am gonna do this!"

If he has these documents, then holding them hostage is no better than what my government does with the same information.

Either release it, or shut the [self snip] up about it.

"My penis is bigger than yours!"

Jeezus

You obviously have difficulty in understanding the purpose of releasing these documents slowly.
It has been explained to you several times throughout this thread and yet you still don't comprehend.

Only Assange knows the real purpose behind the insurance file.
Speculation is that it is for the safeguard of the website, and the information stored on it, should it come under attack or be forced to close down.

Other speculation is that it is for his own protection, which you obviously subscribe to.
Maybe it is but so what?

Some say it is both.

Regardless, Assange and Wikileaks are releasing information at a pace they see fit and to whoever they see fit.
Releasing it all at once serves no purpose other than have it forgotten or glossed over by media sympathising with the US government.

Your insistance that the insurance file be released immediately is admirable but irrelevant.
Wikileaks have the information and they'll release it when they choose. I'm positive your wishes as to the expediency of release will have no bearing on this.

Not happy with getting your point across and a few giggles from the penis quote you try to stir the pot by insisting that it is nothing but a charade and that he is only grandstanding and trying to prove he is better than the US government.
You then go on to say he is no different to the US government!
All assumptions by you, of course.

You argue symantics of who said what regarding the purpose of the insurance file.
Why?

If you were so tired of hearing about this and are so convinced Assange is a liar/charlatan/coward then why are you still posting some 10 pages later on a topic you disagree with?

I honestly think you are just trying to bait people for your own personal pleasure.
See, I can go off topic too.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
so whats stopping people from making up a story, releasing it on their website and saying they were one of the 2000 with the file?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
his as bad as the governments now release it or shut up i say

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Me thinks that a lot of people have become disenchanted by the Wikileaks fiasco, as there was no big 'bang' in the story. Says much about the attention span of people these days.

Seriously though, which would you consider more responsible? 1. Keeping Assange alive as a public figure to maintain interest and release info gradually or, 2. dump everything, without redactions, onto a mostly unsuspecting public. There would be way too much to go through, so the important things would have a minimal impact. Change doesn't have to occur instantaneously in order to be significant.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Have any of you ever considered that all the people that have the ''insurance'' downlaod also has the entire cache of documents??

Before Assange was arrested and only days before he and Wikileaks began the slow release of cable documents, on twitter they posted '' now is he time for some history insurance '' with a direct and mirror link to the insurance.aes file.

The insurance file is the entire leak, Afganistan, Iraq, the embacy cables and whatevewr the have not released yet.

The reason they posted this is so if in the event they were completly shut down with no mirrors or outlets available anyone that had downloaded the + 1GB file would have everything on thier hard drive ready to be released.

It was very smart in many ways, the amount of people trhat downloaded that file ( myself inlcuded ) that have everything they are slowly releasing over time.

People still specualte as to the contents of the insurance file, The US government has most likely cracked it, probably days fater it's release and knows it's importance, thats why they know what to expect from wikileaks overtime and how damaging to foriegn relations at MAY be.

I have been confused by something for quite awhile now: only days after the cablegate sager bagan, the national new in Australia reported that '' so far 1200 documents had been released with 1 of those being of top secret clearance''

Now i could not find anything online to back that up, including the direct wikileaks sites or mirrors. At the stage of the broadcast Wikileaks had only released 280/150,000 etc ( approx ) so then how did the national news report this?

There has never been a trace of any '' top secret '' documents - only secret noforn docs. Yet at this point in time the media had a different persepective to the situation. The had seen more released than the public and on top of that a higher classification the the public.

This was national 9 news Australia, a very reputable and long running program. That airs at 6pm each night on the Nine Network Australia.

I havent posted this as i thought it may have been an error by the reporter but in thinking back to the article, they had those documents and had seen those releases. So i dont know?

The whole wikileaks issue is shrouded in mystery. FYI - i am still waiting for the supposed docs that have a reference to UFO'[s as per Julians interview. ( Not proof as such but mearly mention the issue )

That would be interesting! just to see what the internal talk or chatter is about UFO's.

References:

Here is the post on twitter from wikileaks only days before the initial release of the cablegate docs:

Now is a good time to download some "history insurance" thepiratebay.org...

Posted on the 26th Nov 2010

In regard to the above post i do not support illegal file sharing as per ATS guidelines and only post this as reference to the subject matter of my post.

edit on 3-1-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-1-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Ghost Who Walks
You obviously have difficulty in understanding the purpose of releasing these documents slowly.
It has been explained to you several times throughout this thread and yet you still don't comprehend.

And you obviously have difficulty in understanding that I am only talking about the insurance file.

Assange is using this insurance file as he intended, insurance.

In law and economics, insurance is a form of risk management primarily used to hedge against the risk of a contingent, uncertain loss.

(Bold added)
en.wikipedia.org...

In otherwords, HE IS GAMBLING.

If there is a chance that he is going to win, or lose, that makes the choice a gamble.

And since there are many lives invloved, rather than "just his" this makes it gambling with others lives, to protect his own.

Just like my government, gambling with others to protect themselves.

(And again we are right back to where we started, Assange using these "secrets" just like my government does.)

PS I am only talking about the insurance file, that is what he is using for self benefit.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic
Assange is a cyber terrorist....

He terrorizes people by releasing

the names of informants in Afghanistan.

Quoted for Truth! Havent they started WATERBOARDING him yet? Why do we not have him in our custody?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

As a lot of ATS'ers are aware of, I have been a hacker since the first release of Windows98SE when I was a 13 or 14. This is a hot topic right now among 2600 newsgroups/irc channels and you might want to check your local book store for a copy of 2600 magazine because I would expect they will touch on the subject in an upcoming issue... Anyway...

In the event that a hacker located and infiltrated one of the servers (highly unlikely) containing these documents, it would be impossible to crack the password allowing access to the files.

For the benefit of those who don't know, Microsoft Windows 7 (which most have been forced to upgrade to) has a nifty little security feature that the NSA has worked quietly on with Microsoft. It allows your PC/Internet activities to be documented and surveyed in real time.

I'm reluctant to agree or disagree that Wiki is a farce, however if the Govt. catches a hacker snooping around these servers, I would consider it an honest statement to say: "You've had your chips."
edit on 3-1-2011 by NewWorldDisorder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I'm lost here, I thought that he already released "all the files" when he turned the aes file into a .torrent? Is he talking about he gave them out unencrypted? Or is the aes file something completely different from the leaks that he has been releasing so far?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join