It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solar Activity Watch 2011

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

That's awesome!

Thank you for that data explanation and source!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I believe the products of the CME have arrived at the ACE satellite.

At 00:42 UTC the speed begins a dramatic increase as does the temperature. While still holding a north orientation, the strength of the Bz field also shows an increase. Density also seems to show an increase.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Good that we have the ACE satellites out there now - thanks for the update.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

edit on 17-2-2011 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
The GOES and Boulder magnetometers are showing some action.
www.swpc.noaa.gov...
www.swpc.noaa.gov...

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I am new to looking at that type of data Phage, but I take it that the vertical line is indicating a strong reaction?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Those are some big spikes.

*welcome back Phage*

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I'm just hoping it blasts my company's gps satellite they use to track me out of the sky.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I hope some stay with this thread tonight - its good to come here for updates and info.

I was wondering if the grids would be effected right away or at any time during the activity? If that were to happen.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I have been watching NBC HD since 8pm and it keeps pausing and stuttering. I guess this is due to the solar storm?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I live on the border between Indiana and Kentucky.I wonder if the aurora will make it this far down.That would be so cool!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Yeah I live just off Fort Knox but the cloud cover is too thick to see anything even if it did.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I will try to stay on,but between the solar flare and the new madrid earthquakes,I my not make it.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Endure

Yes,that sucks.I live off Dixie HWY.not far from you.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

The magnetometer activity at Boulder is pretty mild at this point, not even close to storm levels. It was mostly a result of the "impulse" of the sudden increase in the solar wind. The wind is holding a strong north turn so we may not see much else.

I don't know, it doesn't really look like much is happening. It could be that the CME from the X2.2 flare just didn't amount to much or we could be seeingn the CME from the M class flares and are still waiting for something stronger.

I have a hunch people wanting to see the aurora may be disappointed and those worrying about power grid problems will be relieved.

It is fun to watch the number dance though.
edit on 2/17/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

I hope so too. The only thing that I can add might not be related at all, but I have been texting issues with Skype today. I use Skype for business and a lot of my clients and I text back and forth all day long, and for the last two hours, there has been a delay of about 10 minutes for some texts to go back and forth. Skype does have it's own issues I know, and I have worked through many of those, but this has not occurred before. The weird thing, that again probably has nothing to do with the flare, is that I am only having this texting issue with certain areas, specifically texting with clients of mine in Central America, the Carribean, and in Asia. Everyone in my company is on Skype, and I have been texting normally with the main US office and the office in the UK.

Anyway, besides that, it is cloudy here
so no lights for me, and no other issues noticed, except for my dog. He has been acting completely weird all day long.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by lasertaglover

My dog was clingy and quiet all day, not his usual self.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

edit on 17-2-2011 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
So I have had several little 'blips' accross my tv in the past 20 min or so. The image blinks and what sounds like a little electrical surge comes across the surround sound. Never had it happen before....sound like what might be expected with the flare activity???

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Satellite TV, possibly.
Broadcast TV, unlikely.
Cable, possibly. The provider's satellite connection could be affected.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join