It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Largest Prison Strike In American History Goes Ignored By US Media

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by whipsandchainsamerica
Explain to me,how a peson can go on strike behind bars.

The captors want the captive to do something.

The captives refuse to do it.

The captors cannot force them captives to do it

The captives are on strike.

No, they aren't picketing. They are just refusing to cooperate.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by freedish

But how is doing drugs ruining other peoples lives?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedish
Drugs deteriorate societies- how many people have died over drug violence? There are laws against it for a good reason... ( and even if you provide evidence to the contrary I STILL don't want drugs in my society)

What if I told you I don't want PEOPLE like YOU in my society? I'm sure there's many things that you do that, although they have no effect on me whatsoever, I don't want in "my society", such as imposing one's own pompous beliefs upon everyone else. Perhaps I should elect an official that will make your annoying little bickerings illegal. Or maybe I'll just blow some pot smoke in your face and tell you to deal with it, a-hole.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by havenvideo

Sorry freedom of speech...i know it's hard for you to accept that MOST PEOPLE DO NOT AGREE WITH YOU, but you need to accept it. Also there are plenty of places in the world you can do drugs...no one is forcing you to stay here...

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by zombiesC4

It deteriorates societies, look at all the meth labs, the crack houses, the drug infested ghettos, the child abuse b/c of drugs, gang & drug related violence...all the addicts ...it helps if these things are flowing freely through our country...most people don't want that crap out in the open. It doesn't look good or help anything. Sorry.

btw this is my last post in this thread- if you still don't get it than there's nothing I can say that will make you get it.
edit on 3-1-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Sorry freedom of speech...i know it's hard for you to accept that MOST PEOPLE DO NOT AGREE WITH YOU,

You keep saying it like it adds validity. Most people are clueless. If you've elected yourself a representative of the masses of humanity, then be prepared to be wrong. The same masses who believe "drugs are evil" go out and get drunk every weekend, because it's the law, it must be ok. Most people believe that celebrities actually matter more than their neighbours, go figure.

Now friend, if that's the limit of your reasoning and argument, you're WAY out of your depth here.

Now i smoke a joint a day, have done for years. I have all the usual trappings, and actually get to work on time every day, pay my bills, and help my kids with homework. A guy i worked with is now is rehab because of alcohol, he couldn't handle daily life. Wife left him and kid is a mess. Which is worse? Which is more common? I have never regretted actions while stoned, since i never do anything worth regretting.

Now if you wish to blindly follow the dictats of mass murderers (your leaders) and wish to allow yourself to be violated to enrich their personal wealth, then please go ahead, freedom and all that. But the second you presume to stick your fingers into other men's lives, you become the problem.

I'm trying to be nice here, but you really should think for yourself, you aren't doing that, you're "parroting" the establishment lines. There are much worse threats to your precious community that hookers or dope smokers. If you keep allowing your energy to be thus misdirected, well you are placing yourself in the perfect position for them, you'll even believe that it's for your own good.

BigFatFurryTexan, you really have made an excellent argument here. Peace.
edit on 3-1-2011 by harryhaller because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

reply to post by zombiesC4

It deteriorates societies, look at all the meth labs, the crack houses, the drug infested ghettos, the child abuse b/c of drugs, gang & drug related violence...all the addicts ...it helps if these things are flowing freely through our country...most people don't want that crap out in the open. It doesn't look good or help anything. Sorry.

btw this is my last post in this thread- if you still don't get it than there's nothing I can say that will make you get it.

Everything you use as your example is irrelevant. The current system has drugs illegal, so the dynamics of its use are vastly different than if it weren't illegal. For example, the drug related violence....that is often related to turf wars or drug theft. If it were sold in the liquor store, would we still have the same violence?

It is hard to imagine a world where people are allowed to seek their own happiness, isn't it?

Perhaps it is better for you to not post, as that is simply agreeing to disagree. I am unsure of the person you quote, but i know i understand you very well. And i disagree....i am for freedom and liberty. Not the mob rule you seem to espouse with your "most people disagree with you" statements.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by freedish

It doesn't look good? America made itself look bad along time.But anyways you proved be right you said "drug violence causes kids to be abused" Thats the parents problem but like harryhaller said he smokes weed and his life is fine.So your case is proved wrong.sorry.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

reply to post by okbmd

Yup it degrades society...and that's the law of the land bro sorry, obviously the general populace agrees with me

so go somewhere else and smoke your dope ya hippy

(or u can just go to California...i hear they are fine with it over there...)

edit on 2-1-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)
How does it degrade society????If you smoke weed and you pay your bills,take care of your kids,etc then you have the right to do so.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Freedish you poor, poor soul. I'm glad your mentality doesn't make up the true majority, although you think it does based on "elected officials" and tyrannical "laws".

I just wanna point out by your logic, you are labeling yourself another sheep in the flock.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

just because YOU like to do illegal drugs doesn't mean the rest of the country shares your favorite past time. Obviously if enough people wanted the law changed IT WOULD CHANGE, just like when they tried to pass prohibition, and the people went nuts so they repealed it...sry u can't get it through your head that not everyone shares your opinion....btw how is forming my own opinion based on life experiences and research being a sheep? maybe you should question why you enjoy doing illegal drugs so much...because the rest of this country isn't like you. sorry.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

Why are we even arguing about illegal drugs? Quite frankly I couldn't give a rip if all the hippies take over California and declare it a drug country and do nothing but smoke weed shoot up heroin and play on their hippie flutes and drum circles.... BUT NOT IN MY COUNTRY THANK YOU. That is my opinion and I am entitled to it. Call me whatever name you want, honestly I don't give a rats ass about what you think- I used to smoke weed, drink booze, and smoke cigarettes...nothing good came out of it...sure I enjoyed doing it at the time, but for me personally it downgraded my life...i was addicted to many substances and I wish I had not been... and it is MY OPINION that it would do that same for the majority of people.
....sure there are some responsible people who won't abuse it- but chances are, if it can be abused, it will be...look how many Americans can't control their eating habits....we are fat as a country... and quite frankly I wish all of it was illegal. You are entitled to your opinion as much as I am. NOW can we TRY to stay on topic?...

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

just because YOU like to do illegal drugs doesn't mean the rest of the country shares your favorite past time. Obviously if enough people wanted the law changed IT WOULD CHANGE, just like when they tried to pass prohibition, and the people went nuts so they repealed it...sry u can't get it through your head that not everyone shares your opinion....btw how is forming my own opinion based on life experiences and research being a sheep? maybe you should question why you enjoy doing illegal drugs so much...because the rest of this country isn't like you. sorry.

You might want to study up on prohibition, what drove it, and what drove the repeal.

A good hint as to why it was repealed: it created crime. making a commodity illegal creates a blackmarket by which worse crime comes about.

In a rush to want to impose your own morals on others, you seem to miss not only the facts of history, but the implications they have for today.

I am not calling you names. But I am urging you to think a little deeper on the subject. Can you really make a law that fixes something? that controls behavior? If not, then why make things illegal? Do you just like putting people in prison, breaking up families? Do you realize that the enormous prison population is a primary recruiting ground for the organized crime that is actually taking lives and property?

There is a whole forest there amongst those trees.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

You dont need to know anything about the constitution to know that drug offenders need to be in jail.

It's an OPINION that most americans have...

otherwise the laws would be different....we the people...not we the government

edit on 1-1-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

Star for you BFT! you are absolutely correct. What's more The prison industrial complex is being beefed up by FEMA... in preparation for 'Patriot Act' provisions

The grand scheme for Amrc (lol, publicly traded acronym?) is opening it's disgusting plan before our very eyes.

If you believe that We The People has applied in the last 50 years, you may be mistaken.

Drug laws are the way they are because of tyranny. Nothing more. What does it matter to you what a drug user does? Why do you care? The laws obviously don't deter anyone...so what is the goal? To just round people up? That is all that the drug laws do....round up people. Of course, those people are usually either minority or low income earners.

But what business is it of yours if someone wants to sit at home and do drugs? Or if they want to purchase the time of a prostitute?

I will tell you what...lets have a generation of actual, true, honest discussion about drugs, drug use, and drug policy. Then put it to a vote by the people. The half assed brainwashing used by the religious right (which is a large portion of who keeps pot illegal) and the government (who makes a ton of money off of their growing and selling of drugs from third world countries likeCosta Rica, Panama, Nicaragua, Colombia, Laos, Vietnam, Afghanistan, Mexico, etc, etc) have created an "education" around a message that promotes their own means.

I will make note that you prefer to impose your will on others in a tyrannical fashion. Stripping the choice, and responsibility for that choice, from the individual.
edit on 2-1-2011 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join